“Best kept secret”

Ranked #3 of 52 Randburg B&B and Inns
Western Cape, South Africa
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Burkleigh House is an amazing little gen in the heart of Randburg. Accommodation is warm and inviting. All rooms overlook an immaculate garden where you can just unwind after a hard days work. Patricia, David and the staff are amazing , catering to all individual needs. This is my home away from home. If you want a special treat the dinner is a 5 star event! A place not to be missed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and warm
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Patricia T, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thrilled to have our new chef Abongile to spoil all our wonderful guests. Thank you for the kind review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at Burkleigh House for 2 nights - travelling on business. Central location to where I needed to work in Randburg. Patricia and David are great hosts. I felt very safe and comfortable. Thank heavens I found Burkleigh House. I stayed in several guest houses in the area - Burkleigh is the best. Lovely big room, airy, yet warm, perfectly equipped. Comfortable bed, great WiFi. Comfortable lounge area and stunning gardens . The open space is great. This is most definitely my guest house of choice.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 3.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Patricia T, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review. we are so happy to be able to share our guest house with all our wonderful guests.
Werther, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at Burkleigh House for two nights on my last trip and wil stay there next week and for all future trips. The perfect place after a tough day! Beautiful ambiance, nice rooms, a wonderful garden to enjoy after swimming in the pool. The rooms are of a good size nicely furnished. The hosts are most caring and the breakfast is a poem!
I can rteally only recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of Burkleigh House. We consider ourselves privileged to meet all you wonderful travelers and to be able to show you a bit of South African hospitality.
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

At Burkleigh House, it feels like my home away from home. I absolutely love the personal touch offered by the hosts Patricia and David. Nothing is too much trouble, the food is great and I love the fact that I can also buy the most delicious home made biscuits. Yummy! Looking forward to my next visit to Burkleigh House.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Many thanks for your kind review of Burkleigh House. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Poolesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My first visit to South Africa and I can't have been more happy with my choice of accommodation. It started with a friend telling me that if you're going to South Africa don't stay at a hotel, stay at a B&B and thanks to TripAdvisor I found Burkleigh.

Patricia and David have created such a wonderfully tranquil setting. I was so at peace at there. They have done a wonderful job on the landscaping and the decor. The hospitality is second, I enjoyed David's stories and Patricia's breakfasts are the best meal of the day.

Later when I extended my visit to Jo'hannesburg and sadly Burkleigh was not available I had to stay at another B&B in Jo'hannesburg. It is also very highly rated on TripAdvisor and feature for feature it might even look better on paper than Burkleigh but in reality it didn't even come close.

My tip: I found it difficult at first to find good restaurants in the evening but after I told my TripAdvisor app to search outside Randburg I was more fortunate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Burkleigh House. We value all comments and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.
Haren, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in the best B&B in South Africa. Patricia and her team were wonderful hosts, and I enjoyed my stay. Patricia was excellent at providing me with information and care. The breakfast and dinner were a feast and are particularly recommendable. The room was quite large and had all amenities.

Thank you to Patricia and her team for a wonderful stay in Jo'burg, I will return.

Room Tip: All roms are very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.
It is always gratifying to know that all our hard work does not go without someone noticing and that we are achieving what we set out to do.
Our guests comfort and enjoyment is of paramount importance at Burkleigh House.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed in Burkleigh House two years ago. The quality at the time was already very hard to beat.

Now, after having revisiting it again, I have to say well done to Patricia, the owner of the guest house. Efforts were made to improve some areas: Internet speed is now very fast; heating in winter is satisfactory. And... now, there is an amazing breakfast menu and it changes each day of the week. That got me look forward to the night before and then got me out of bed the next morning :-). YumYum ...

I know just how hard it's to get from excellent from even more so when you're at the top end of the league table. But Burkleigh House did not get complacent and improved from 90% to 97% in two years! Salute to them - and it gives me some inspirations too...!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Patricia T, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Mr Li
You are indeed very kind to take the time to write another review for Burkleigh House. Thank you so much for the compliments. We will continue to strive to improve so that we may surprise you again on your next visit to us.