The Mercure in Randburg is a budget hotel located outside of Johannesburg, If you have a rental or access to a car, this is workable but you get what you pay for at 60 bucks a night.
I arranged a pickup from the airport that cost R450 or $50. What you save on the daily rate, you will give back in expensive taxi fees. The hotel restaurant only serves breakfast but there is a small mall (bridgewater commons) nearby but with very good restaurants at decent prices. There is an African restaurant called Homebaze that serves great food. The other complaint is that the only is quite stingy with the internet and charges for access. 50 rand for 40 minutes or 89 rand for 289 megabytes. You get 20 megs for free daily.
The staff is ok, I was able to save some money by getting a taxi to the sandton train station for 200 rand, I then took the very efficient train to the airport which costs 115 rand from Sandton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts, facing the new shopping center Brightwater Commons, previously known as the Randburg Waterfront shopping & entertainment centre. 30 min from Jo'burg international airport, 104 air conditioned rooms, breakfast restaurant, bar, 2 conference rooms, secure parking and 24h security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Johannesburg Randburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Johannesburg Randburg Hotel Randburg
- Accor Johannesburg Randburg
- Mercure Johannesburg Randburg South Africa