Buhoma Lodge
Silverback Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
US$360
US$115
US$127
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gorilla Safari Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Savannah Resort Hotel(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Restaurant
Explorers Hub(Kampala)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswild frontierscomplimentary massagegorilla treka hot water bottlestarting pointtree housengamba islanddietary restrictionsstunning foodwalk in showerwelcome sightminutes walk awayshoe cleaningcoffee deliveredinside the national parkcomplimentary bottle of winebubble bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The service at this lodge was impeccable. The assistant manager went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. All of the staff provided very good service. The food was absolutely amazing. This lodge also has a very nice view of the mountain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best run lodges anywhere. Titus is an amazing manager who pays infinite attention to detail. The rooms are lovely as is the food. But nothing compares to the smiles and thoughtfulness of the staff. You will NOT be sorry that you stayed here. That's a promise.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The service at the Buhoma was second to none. Many Australian hotels could learn a lot about service provision from this humble lodge. I have been critical in previous reviews of some of the hotels in Australia and the lack of service and basic inclusions.

The Buhoma optimised its facilities by the provision of exceptional service. A simple example is after we returned from Gorilla Trekking we left our wet and muddy joggers on our room and retired tired and exhausted. The next morning when we got up our shoes were missing and we thought they may have been taken by some of the resident monkeys! To our surprise they had been taken, washed and dried by the staff ready for our collection! Unreal!

The vista from the balcony of our room was sensational and the room itself very comfortable and quite uniquely fitted out.

I would not hesitate in recommending the Buhoma and if I ever return to Bwindi I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Unless you have mobility issues I would recommend one of the elevated rooms. Whilst there are a number of steps to access these rooms the outlook is worth the effort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross C
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very welcoming lodge. The accomodation was excellent. We stayed in hut 3 and felt like we were on top of the world with spectacular mountain views. Clean, spacious, well designed and great use of natural elements used. Really enjoyed our wakeup coffee on the balcony at 6.30am and watching the mist pass through the mountains. Intimate lodge where everyone was helpful and friendly. The complimentary massages after the gorilla treks were a treat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I spent three nights at Buhoma during my trip to Bwindi National Park. I couldn't have been more thrilled with my stay. I have stayed at eco-friendly luxury lodges in both Kenya and Uganda, Buhoma has been my favorite so far. The staff consists of local employees who are very helpful and kind. They made me feel right at home, especially during the night where I was the only guest. The rooms are outstanding, their location provides an excellent view of the forest and the sounds of nature at night. The rooms have hot water (you'll need to wait a few minutes though) and are very comfortable. You can only access power outlets and wifi (very good connection) in the lounge area. However, it's very comfortable down there and you can talk to the staff and other guests. The meals are good, a combination of Ugandan cuisine and western flavors. I was mostly satisfied with the food (packed lunch for trekking was very good). Buhoma is also conveniently located in terms of Gorilla trekking as it is only a minute or two away from the starting point. The bar features a nice selection of beers (aimed to cater a foreign audience) but also the local tusker brand. Finally, after trekking, the hotel offers laundry services (excluding underwear), shoe cleaning and massages all free of extra charge. Having you dirty clothes and shoes cleaned was very helpful. In conclusion, I had a great stay at the Buhoma lodge and would not hesitate to return if possible. I recommend the lodge to anyone looking for a special experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.

Room Tip: Try picking a room on the top row of suites (rooms 4,5, and 6) as they have the best views of the forest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo