We arrived at Nkuringo Gorilla Camp after an intense hike (read: climb) from Buhoma straight through the impenetrable rain forest and were very surprised of the comfort the camp had to offer.
Everything was spotlessly clean, the showers were provided with hot water (our first hot shower in two weeks in Uganda!) and the food was ab-so-lutely amazing. The tent we slept in was large enough to store a car and the beds were very comfortable.
We would definitely recommend staying (many nights) in the Gorilla Camp, also because the gorilla family which is visited from Nkuringo has been in contact with groups of human beings for already 14 years. But even if your budget doesn't allow you to go on the gorilla excursion, this accomodation and especially its nice staff will more than satisfy your needs.
Thanks for the lovely time and the delicious food we got!
Shanna and Nils
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is situated on the South of Bwindi National Park with stunning views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Albertine Rift Valley. There are 12 individually hand-crafted cottages, each offering the tranquillity of the rainforest, the atmosphere of a mountain chalet and the warm hospitality Ugandans are known for. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge prides itself on its green credentials and through its various initiatives including solar energy and rainwater harvesting proudly operates as a carbon neutral lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park