Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge
Silverback Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
US$437
Gorilla Safari Lodge(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
US$372
US$300
  • Breakfast included
Savannah Resort Hotel(Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
  • Restaurant
US$117
US$127
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgorilla lodgegorilla groupgolden monkeynkuringo familyhot water bottleseast africarift valleygreat companyvery special placeremote arealocal groupbeautiful sceneryan amazing experienceonce in a lifetimesinging and dancinghour hikeworth the effort
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Simple but great accommodations, friendly staff, great food, incredible views of jungle, mountains, volcanos and the DRC!!! On the edge of a lovely friendly village and prob the easiest walk you are ever going to get to reach the gorillas. (Soooo much easier then Rwanda...and cheaper)

It is prob more simplistic (by western standards) then you would expect for the price but to put it in perspective, just look at where you are. Deep in rural Africa, on the border of the mountain gorilla territory. You can't put a price on this.

I think that it is important to understand before going to gorilla country that everything is more expensive. It has to be otherwise everyone would be there and the experience would be ruined. In retrospect, for the experience you get, even as a backpcker, I would have paid more and still been happy!

See reviews of the gorilla walk from here for info about that

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrysE4
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The low down of Nkuringo--what an absolutely fantastic place in all ways! If you love the low key and communal spirit of camping, but enjoy the ease of home and appreciate incredible service--this is the place for you! Right from the get go, Lydia took care of me in Entebbe both when I arrived and left, like a family member. The guest house was a perfect place for me to rest my head, organize my backpack and take a breath from my 4 month tour of South and East Africa. The team at Nkuringo were generous, kind, sweet and so accommodating! But it was the gorilla camp was worth every moment, every cent and all the effort worth while. The camp itself is run with such love, commitment, mindfulness and care. The staff was over the top terrific! Nestor, Everest, Josephine, Florence, Irene, Dora were absolutely stellar with their efforts! The room was so comfortable and clean and the food was great! If you are in East Africa you should not miss this amazing opportunity to be close up with the Mountain Gorillas. The setting at Nkuringo is absolutely breath taking with incredible views of the Bwindi Impentrable Forest and the Vuringa Volcanoes!
This place was impressive, the staff phenomenal and the gorilla experience absolutely mind blowing. If you want to save money the tent system is also perfect! They set them up, and make you sooo comfortable. Bravo to all who run this Nkuringo Camp!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great staff. Great location. Great food. Wonderful stay in Bwindi. We had a regular car and our driver delt with road challenges wonderfully. If we would go back, we would book a 4x4 as road to reach Rushaga group tracking area is not that smooth. If you want to save a bit on drive time, best is to track the Nkuringo group, which access gate is just 5 minutes from lodge.

Jean-Christophe Damond

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the private cottage. Perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I trekked the gorillas with these guys in February 2014 and the service I received both before and during was outstanding, some of the best I got on my trip. The booking office and the girls/Robert who do all the organizing before hand sorted me a fantastic personalized itinerary for a three day trek and put up with me constantly changing my mind right up to the last minute. Anything you want to do they can help. Furthermore my guide Asgario Turyagymda was the best guide I had on any trip. Very friendly, full of lots of information, perfect english and really went the extra mile to make my trip good. It goes without saying that seeing the gorillas was amazing. The only negative I can think of about their camp is it seems just a tad over priced for what you get; but having said that its a beautiful lodge and this was a once in a life time opportunity so even though i was on a tight budget I didn't mind spending the cash.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was a holiday of a lifetime. On day two of our holiday to Uganda, Nkuringo family team Robert, Lydia and Alex met us at our Guesthouse in Entebbe to brief us and guide us through the rest of our holiday providing us with ideas, local knowledge and general help to ensure we had the best possible time and made the most of our two week holiday. Robert, Lydia and Alex were all extremely friendly, welcoming and knowledgable.

Alex became our driver for the duration of our two week trip and we couldn't have asked for a nicer more considerate person to have accompanied us on our trip. Alex is a very skilled driver who always has his clients and tourists at the forefront of his mind providing them with sound advice and a safe, calm and relaxed atmosphere.

The drive to Bwindi and the scenery was spectacular! Upon arrival to Nkuringo Camp we were greeted with a warm welcome from the staff and were offered refreshments and help with our luggage. Our accommodation was beautiful with outstanding views of the mountains and volcanos. The picturesque wooden bungalows were very clean, spacious, the bed was so comfortable and the shower was great. It was the added touches/comforts that also made Nkuringo camp so memorable and distinguishes it from others - things like offering us a hot water bottle for when we go to bed in case we're cold, biscuits by the side of the bed and freshly brewed coffee waiting for us on our balcony. Such a high level of service, very well organised and efficient even though it's in such a remote and seemingly 'impenetrable' location (2161m up a mountain).
STUNNING. UNFORGETTABLE.

The restaurant served delicious food that was so fresh and perfectly cooked. The menu was varied, we were given a generous spread and choice for breakfast (cereal, fruits, yogurts, toast, eggs, sausages, coffee, tea) we were provided with a full packed lunch which was delicious (amazing tuna red onion sandwiches) to take on our day trips and dinner was four courses all beautifully presented and we received Silver Service from the waitress who was very accommodating and friendly.

Seeing the Nkuringo family of Mountain Gorillas was phenomenal and again the trip was maximised with the help of the Nkuringo team especially that of Alex, Lydia and Robert. The walk through to Bohomo was brilliant so colourful, not too strenuous and rich in plants and animals. The birdlife was incredible an unbelievable variety.

Lydia recommended going on a boat trip to see Hippos, Elephants, Crocodiles, Waterbuffalo, birds of prey and other wildlife. This boat trip was excellent it was like being on one of the David Attornborough programmes. This is another of many examples of how the Nkuringo family 'go the extra mile' providing a tailor made itinerary to customers. They really listened to what we wanted to see, where we wanted to go and what we wanted to achieve and they ticked every box!

To top it off Lydia and Robert came to say goodbye on the last night of our trip and to check that we had enjoyed the trip and share our experiences . They were so passionate about the Nkuringo camp and Uganda as a whole and we wish the Nkuringo family every success.

We would love to return to Uganda and Bwindi and I would highly recommend Nkuringo Camp to everyone especially given it's unique selling point I.e 2161m up a mountain with outstanding views, accommodation, staff, food and GORILLAS ONLY A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY!!! What a genius idea!!

Thanks again to our friend, Alex.

• Stayed: March 2014