“Amazing days in Nshongi Camp”
Review of Nshongi Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Nshongi Camp
Milan, Italy
“Amazing days in Nshongi Camp”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've been at Nshongi Camp with my wife and my 12 years old son. We stayed 2 days and everything was perfect.
The Camp is located in the rainy forest and we did bird watching just inside the camp. My son was entusiastic and I had the chance to take great pictures of them.
We visited the Batwa family and the local village, and the Gorilla (of course)

The staff is very friendly and very helpful, even if you call them at 3 in the night asking direction how to reach their place.

Hot water, great food, and perfect location. We really enjoyed our stay at the camp

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Giu489

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
KIGALI
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed is a beautiful cottage very well organized the bath Gawen was nice and made me very warm as extra on hot water bottles.the food was very tasty,the service was beyond my expectations in a such lodge in forest.I there fore don't hesitate to recommend any body who would wish to go for gorilla tracking to stay in this lodge for his or her comfortable rest.

Room Tip: The cottage on top of the main building is very good and near to the dining and reception.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Beautiful setting and great location for tracking. But most of all, the staff were so helpful- helping arrange transport from Kisoro to the camp and back (even at 3am!) and checking I had reached Kampala safely afterwards. As a female solo traveller I would highly recommend- felt totally safe and looked after.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank R1990A
Lowell, Oregon
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here to be close to the park entrance for gorilla tracking. Loved the location, the setup, and the general feel of the place. The staff was helpful and flexible too. Lots of tea, and generally good food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank areswhy
California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and you are smack in the middle of nature. You have to walk down to the lodges and the staff came up to our vehicle and gave us all walking sticks (we arrived in the rain so it was a bit muddy). The rooms were very comfortable and the food was fantastic. Bear in mind though that if you need a flushing toilet and electricity- this is probably not the place for you. However there were hot showers on request and it was wonderful after the gorilla trek.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BrysonSeattle
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I chose to stay at this camp because of the good reviews and because it's right next to the Rushaga park entrance. The camp is tiny - only four huts for visitors - so it has a very nice, private feel. As has been mentioned, the food is high quality (don't be afraid to ask for seconds), and the daily hot showers feel great. I would like to highlight the friendliness of the staff. While eating lunch, I asked if the staff has ever seen a Rwenzori Three-Horned Chameleon that was displayed on a calendar. They immediately walked me to a nearby tree and showed one to me. We brought it down on a stick and admired it for a while. It's experiences like this that make travel special.

One piece of advice: I wasn't on a tour, but organizing my own travel from Kisoro, then to Kabale. I didn't organize all legs of the trip ahead of time and relied on the camp manager to negotiate a "transfer." At first this was quite stressful but he ended up finding a reasonable rate. I'm glad he didn't try to extort us - there are no other options around the camp!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Panu P
Antalya, Turkey
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Not only is it great value for money, it is right on the fringe of the park. The closest you'll get to nature! The staff are lovely and genuine, and the bandas are traditional and eco-friendly. We had a great stay, and we camped to save dollars. There are few places like this.. very special experience. It's the real deal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends