“True luxury in a forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mahogany Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Mahogany Springs
Sydney, Australia
“True luxury in a forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

An undiscovered treasure . From the moment we arrived till we left we felt like part of the family . The staff are amazing remembering your name and even what you like to drink .They are happy to have a conversation with you interacting with their experiences and willing to lister to our adventures . The rooms are very comfortable with hot water always clean and well presented .
While here we did a gorilla trek which was magnificent and return our boots where scrubbed clean free of charge ready to take home .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I was strongly recommended this lodge by a tour operator I used for my trip friendsofafricatours@gmail.com
+256772545283 Shaq.
Soon to be named Hollywood by me as he was respected and well known everywhere.
Once I checked in I knew the decision was correct. Staff are absolutely first class. Greeted with a warm wash cloth and glass of fresh juice was nice. Every staff member knows my name where I am going and what I have done.
My room Henry is just beautiful and deserving of a special occasion. The grounds are immaculate and every detail is covered without realising the staff are there.
Meals are beautiful and I had not realised it was included.
The manager Jotham is the ultimate host and incredibly friendly.
He arranged a tour of the Batwa people which is absolutely worth every cent. He even met me for a beer in town as I was travelling by myself and he wanted to ensure I had a great experience.
If you are looking for a beautiful quite place with everything you need this is it. I can only hope I am lucky enough to return.

Stayed July 2014
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My only regret about this place is not staying another night. Service, food and the rooms were excellent. I have visited bwindi before and stayed at some other nearby camps but this one is the only place which has plug points in the rooms (a big plus as i hate leaving my phone to charge in public), also hairdryers, and solid-walled rooms (not tents) with huge beds and lots of space.

Bathroom was good, plenty of hot water and the view from our room terrace was absolutely awesome. I could have sat there all day listening to the birds and looking over at the mountains we were due to trek the gorillas in the next day. Being up high made the views amazing and it was nice and airy not hot and humid like the places further down.

The chef was very accommodating, we fancied pasta so he put it on the menu and there was good choice. You just had to ask if you wanted something particular. (More flexibility than i have found elsewhere).They even served popcorn with drinks on the terrace which was delicious.

Staff and management were so friendly and professional. For the gorilla trek we were given lovely hand carved walking sticks and headquarters were only five minutes away.

At the foot of the lodge we also walked to the river which was very pretty and did the batwa cultural tour which i recommend as it supports the community and provides valuable insight into the ways of the forest people....... We didnt go all the way to the caves but apparently those who do may even see the gorillas on the way. Free gorilla viewing!

A walk into the town takes five mins and you can buy souvenirs at very cheap prices.

I would definitely go back to this place.

Ps. The massage is worth every penny. She was excellent.

Room Tip: We had the elizabeth room but they all had great views and were private. They have a double suite (2...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Bwindi for Gorilla trekking. We enjoyed our stay here for the most part. Our cottage was pretty and large. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower worked well and hot water was consistent. General areas of the hotel were nice also and we enjoyed just hanging out there and having drinks. The bartender did a pretty good job making martinis for us with some instruction. The meals were pretty good, too, but they were small especially after a day of activities. I found this to be the case in many other lodges also. Packed lunches were fairly disappointing. Again, a common theme in Uganda. We appreciated the free boot cleaning service after our trek. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

As we arrived, we were welcomed with a smile, a glass of Juice, they offered us some seats, to relax and to feel at home. We were given a de-breif. We had a fantastic time while living at the Mahogany springs.

Room Tip: Rooms in the northeast are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We agree with all the positive comments. One reviewer disliked the food. ..we thought it excellent given the remote location. The staff are delightful.
Services at 'no extra charge' like boot cleaning and a tour of the gardens need a small tip.
Overall....book it. We booked through Africatravelresource.com

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the Victoria
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in Uganda almost a year ago and candidly, this review is so very overdue. We had an wonderful stay at Mahogany Springs in Bwindi. The service and staff were amazing. The food was excellent and the accommodations were very nice. We had WIFI in the main building and never had any issues with electricity or water. An overall positive experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family