“Churchill Safari's”

US$3,994.00*
and up
5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Nkuringo Walking Safaris was established in 2007 as sustainable tourism initiative to develop a team of local guides with the premise of establishing a simply gorgeous multiday trek between the hamlet of Buhoma on the north side of the Bwindi Forest National Park and the town of Kisoro in South Western Uganda. Nkuringo Walking Safaris is a fully registered member of the Association of Uganda Tour Operators – AUTO; a one stop shop with Entebbe home / office base with our own fleet of 4x4 safari Land cruiser vehicles to support our safari programs. As a tour operator we are certainly more flexible than most and ready to work in partnership to deliver a fully tailor-made proposal for you. Why Nkuringo Walking Safaris Our team Our team consists of passionate Travel Consultants that will share both your enthusiasm for travel and lust for adventure. Because of their own extensive experience in the destinations that we offer, they will assist you in making your safari and travel experience an unforgettable event. Social Responsibility Nkuringo Walking Safaris works in partnership with the Nkuringo Youth initiative Foundation to bring about sustainable development in the communities through local skills development The company operates tours in Uganda and Rwanda. Our ranges of services include; Tailor made Safaris, Adventure travel, Biking Safaris, Walking Safaris and Luxury safaris.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Johannesburg, South Africa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Churchill Safari's”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went on a short trip with Churchill up to Bwindi to see the gorillas and then we stayed at the Bwindi Community Camps (I hope I got the proper name right) and went on a walk to the waterfalls. We then went to Kampala where my kids went river rafting down the Nile and the next day Churchill took them to the market (as I was working that day - everything was fantastic - the car was fine, we stopped at great places and we stayed in the budget accommodation and it was perfect - beautiful view, clean and delicious food.

we really recommend this trip as well as Churchill -
some tips - where pants that are a bit tougher when you do the gorilla walk as there are thorns
and if you feel brave wear a costume when you do the waterfall walk and jump in - its great

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Carmel M

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worthwhile even without gorillas”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I did a 3 day walking tour from Buhoma to Kisoro including the hike up Mt Sabinyo. The company employ local guides and drivers who are always on standby to help you enjoy your stay including ensuring we crossed the border to Rwanda without problems. The hikes started early but were usually over by early afternoon giving you the afternoon to relax. Mt Sabinyo climb was excruciating but worth all the pain!
We didn't book gorilla tracking in Uganda (we went to Rwanda) but I'd recommended the walk as an activity in its own right. At times there were some confusions about what we had and hadn't paid for (at one point we had to convince the hotel we hadn't already paid) but I'd recommend the tour to others.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kmart M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gorilla Trekking”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Amazing experience! Spent an hour with the gorillas. Trek dependent on group. My trek was 7 hours in total, which was longer than usual as took a long time to find the gorillas as they kept moving. Most treks are shorter.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ellen-Louise-Johnson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful hiking in Mgahinga and Bwindi NP”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Nkuringo Walking Safaris organized a four day hike for me in the south-west of Uganda - starting with climbing Mt Sabinyo, a one day hike from Kisoro to Nkuringo including crossing one of the lakes with a canoe, one day of gorilla tracking and the final leg of the hike from Nkuringo to Buhoma through Bwindi Forrest. The hiking is great and all days you have really stunning views on the Virunga volcanoes or Bwindi.
Everything was perfectly organized in a very clear and transparant way by Robert. My guide, Everest, really did everything he could to offer me a pleasant stay - including answering my endless questions on everything from local culture to birding!
I can recommend both the hike as well as the organization by Nkuringo Walking Safaris.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank MaartenXL
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, well organized, excellent guides”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Nkuringo walking safaris is a great asset to the african wildlife tourism industry. They are very well organized, helpful, responsive and put together an excellent trek. Add to that the amiable and relaxed Nkuringo group and you have an unforgettable experience. Have your audiences spellbound at the pub with stories from this trip. absolutely amazing. My guide, Asgario, was great, informative and hospitable, he had insights and information on every segment of the trip. There is one complaint that is forcing me to deduct one point and that is the food. Despite knowing that its clientele expend thousands of calories a day trekking, the packed lunches and even the food at the gorilla camp are quite paltry. packed lunch was a boiled egg sandwich, half a cheese sandwiches, some biscuits, pineapple, and a juicebox. WHAT??!! at dinner at the Nkuringo camp, the staff is very stingy with the portions. Dinner one night was a half portion of beef fry and potatoes. I asked if I could have some more and the staff just laughed and said "NO". the next day I wandered into the kitchen and saw a staff member with a huge plate of beef fry with huge chunks of meat. as i was salivating i felt like i was in something out of oliver twist. a great experience but be advised to bring some extra food.

Visited April 2013