“fantastic in services !”

Ranked #20 of 85 Hotels in Dharamsala
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The stay was very comfortable, the staff were very helpful & friendly, amazing services (Room service) including good food. its completely value for money.

there were certain issues which got fixed immediately when we complained. Like the telephone extension was missing, due to rain, the doors were little bit jammed, doormats were missing and hence the rooms were getting dirty each time you enter. there rooms need little bit renovation in terms of quality & if they have a separate section for shower covered with glass, it can save the bathroom from getting wet throughout.

But still, the stay was fantastic, besides all these little flaws which you mostly expect at the time of monsoon in the mountains. I was very impressed with the charges they put on meals which were very nominal.

I still suggest, try and improve the quality little with minor technical equipment's which are necessary and this hotel can get much more positive feedback.

Room Tip: if you want to be away from the crowd and don't want people around your hotel, pick this one...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and kid.hotel is located at possibly the best location of Himachal. You get to have a panoramic view of the entire valley. Hotel staff is courteous and helpful. Rooms are really nice and worth the money that they are charging. Food is not that great and need lot of improvement.
But overall worth staying at the property.

• Stayed: August 2014
Kamal K, Manager at The Exotica Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Mr. Mohit,

Namaskaar & greeting from The Exotica Dharamshala,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. I am delighted to learn that you along with the family and children enjoyed your holidays at The Exotica Dharamshala. Your positive comments are a tremendous source of motivation for all of us. I have also made a note on your observation on the food part and would surely share it with our Chef.
I would be grateful if you could share some more insights with me as it would help us. You could write to me at exoticaresorts@gmail.com.

The team and I look forward to your next visit.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know at the email address below.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you want to enjoy Lush Green Wilderness and Himalayan Queen of Dhauladhaar on the back drop , or a holiday you want to cherish for rest of your life then this is the place. Please do not miss it while you are alive, It is one of the BEST resorts I have experienced after doing rounds in Down South and Central India. This place can make you experience close to "God's own country -Kerala". The Exotica.. a must visit while you are alive !!!

Room Tip: Cottages by the Pool are Excellent with the view to Dhualadhaar
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Paras,

Namaskaar & greeting from The Exotica Dharamshala,

Thank you for your very nice feedback on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we really appreciate your compliments on our resort's beautiful natural setting. We are glad your stay exceeded your expectations and that you found the resort offered a 'unique experience' for its guests.
We are so glad to hear that you would love to visit us again and thank you for the recommendations.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Exotica Dharamshala for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

First, I want to thank my fellow travellers who helped me choose "the exotica" resort and my friends as well. The property is like a lotus flower in the entire pond of dharamshala. You can view entire city from where it is located. The service is customer friendly and rooms are well kept. The view from the terrace over the room leaves you mesmerised. You can sit hours gazing at the mountains and the city (lit) in the night. The quietness is unmatchable. The pool was very enjoyed by the family. We felt that pool might not be in a good state as it is difficult to find such resorts but it was very very well serviced. The pool looks over dhauladhar range which in itself is a view worth staying here. We also had a nature walk to the nearby forest and we discovered that there is tea estate. You can also trek over the mountain - which is just above the resort so you don't have to go anywhere for trekking as we'll. The way to reach can be improved with more sign ages from the main bazaar. A place "must" to visit. All the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Quiettrail

Dear Guest,

Namaskaar & greeting from The Exotica Dharamshala,

Thank you for your glowing review and feedback for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Exotica, Dharamshala.

We are really glad to know you enjoyed your recent stay and that you loved our resort's special natural setting. Special thanks to your agent who recommended us to you.
We were sorry that pool is not in good condition during your stay as the weather was not cooperating. Thank you for your suggestion on improves sign in the road toward the hotel. We will certainly take it into consideration.

Thank you for recommending us to others. We hope to have you return with your children to visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A very good place to stay in dharamsala.As it is named, Its exotic and away from the bustling City. The view from the rooms are great. The amenities are just awesome. The swimming pool was clean and good. The staff was very curtious and always ready to help. The ambience of hotel was also good. The buffets were good too. It's avery peaceful place to live in. I didn't wanted to leave the hotel as it's such a quiet place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GauravRajP, Owner at The Exotica Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Mr. Lakshay

My team joins me to thank you for sparing your valuable time to share the experience of your stay with us.

Our mission since the day of our inception is to provide a holiday experience that exemplifies "Complete rejuvenation of our guest" and it is heartening for me to note that we were able to recreate some of those moments for you and your loved ones during your stay with us at The Exotica, Dharamshala.

In the same flow, so that we are able to keep ourselves connected to our guest experiences closely, your experience has also been conveyed to each of our staff at the property.

Your kind words will go a long way in encouraging each one of us to create similar memorable experiences and improve our services by understanding our guests preferences better.

Needless to mention, we continue to look forward to seeing you back with us again.

With warmest regards to you and best wishes to your family,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent and a quiet location, courteous staff to make your stay comfortable, enjoy the evenings in the swimming pool, good food, good view of the valley & Mountain. Service is too good. Poolside restaurant is a good place. Thanks to The Exotica team for making our stay wonderful. I had a great time staying in exotica. I will try going this winters to see the snow.

Room Tip: Can go for cottages as it is different than rooms....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vanditchawla

Dear Mr. Vandit Chawla

With warmest regards to you and best wishes to your family,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Out of town in a peace and calm location. Good view of the Dharamshala Town, International Stadium and the Kangra Valley. Good Food, ambiance, location, service. Do not forget to carry your swimming costumes with you as you would love to enjoy the swimming pool at the top of the hills. Should travel by a vehicle/taxi as being out of town and no bus service at that side.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family