“Kareri Lodge is the best place to stay in Mcleod ganj...”
Review of Kareri Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dharamsala
Kareri Lodge
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Dharamsala
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I went with my parents and stayed in this small yet wonderful hotel for 3 nights.. Wish I could stay there for some more days!!
An excellent and well maintained hotel with super incredible view from the rooms yet very reasonably priced...The owner Mr Ram Swaroop is a very very friendly gentleman..Kundan and Dessu are amazingly sweet people who will always be at your help..I would definitely suggest you all to stay in this charming Hotel when ever you visit Mcleod ganj..Trust me, you won't repent!! You should be amazed to experience the friendly atmosphere, the comfortable stay and amazing views..please book in advance as there are only 6 rooms..!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank proy2013

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I've been staying in this little charming hotel for the past 15 years and I'm happy to say it is still the best deal in Mcleodganj! With unmatched views, immaculate rooms and a very friendly atmosphere and very fair price. The owner - Mr. Ram Swaroop is a very reliable and knowledgeable person and is always happy to assist in whatever you need. Dessu and Kundan are always there to attend to your needs. As of now The Rooftop Restaurant is closed. In 1997 we - a group of long term guests -formed the Kareri Lodge Fan Club. I am glad to see our club's getting new members daily:-) Ram I hope more hotels in India take an example of how a place should be maintained over the years. Salute!

Room Tip: The top room is no doubt the best deal in Mcleodganj - Just step into the balcony for breath-taking...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank chilik58
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Right in the centre of Mcleod Ganj a very good hotel with brillaint views, our room was on the top floor large and very clean as was the bathroom, no resturant but not a problem due to the location. All the staff were so friendly would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HolidayIndia_12
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have rarely written a review but the Kareri Lodge deserves all the praise it gets. Its competitors charge far more than this charming little hotel which benefits from amazing views from the rooms.

This was set to be the worst part of our trip as my partner got severly sick and we spent three days in hospital. The manager of Kareri provided support in this time. Always checked to see how we were and even visited us in the hospital. Amazing friendly atmosphere and would go back there in a heartbeat

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank judiithcharmers
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed the hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was located in the good area. I stayed the most expensive room. The room was fairy big and had fantastic view. However, the bath was not so clean and shower was not powerful enough, so I saved the water in the bucket and cleaned the body everyday. If you are not in the top room, you may have better shower, as the boiler is not too close. Anyway, you can have nice view from other room, too. Just the balcony is smaller than the top room.

We also used the laundry, but one t shirt was distroyed. If you are using, you should check the number of piece and do not give them expensive clothes.

The manager was very kind. He was very peaceful and kind man. We felt very welcoming from him. Even though, I had few small problem, I might go back to this hotel again, as he was nice.

Mcleodganj does not have great restaurant for tourists. If you are backpackers, it is good place. But if you are in India for few days, you do not want to eat at dirty places. The best option was the surya hotel restaurant which is same street as Kareri lodge. The place was clean and food was good.

For the triund,you should make sure that you go straight for the fist turn. We got lost and we needed to do twice. 5 mins from the starting point, there is the way to go straight or left and it is not clear at all. We took left and ended up in the jungle......Once you take the first turn right, you will be fine finding the way. If you are not sure, just wait other people who has guide and follow them.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank churachura
Reviewed 26 March 2010

The place was comfortable but it's the desk clerk that made the stay so pleasant. He treats you like a guest in his own home and is friendly and helpful.
Plan to eat out because the rooftop restaurant is actually down a very steep flight of stairs to another rooftop down the hill. It's difficult to climb back up because of the height of each stair.
They'll bring food to your room but it felt isolating.
There is nothing on the street except for a row of hotels so in the evening it suits someone wanting a quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank cg1976
Reviewed 15 November 2009

As an experienced traveler to India, I never skip staying in this lovely little place when I'm in Mcleodganj. It is by far the best place I've stayed in...not just because of the wonderful views it overlooks (Except for one room) but because the whole package is unmatched! It starts with the owner Mr. Ram Swaroop and continues with the staff: Desso and Kundan, all are kind, efficient and most helpful.The serene atmosphere of the place just allows you to relax and feel super safe. Personally I'd book anything through them as I have found over the years they are most reliable. I sent tons of friends to stay there and all were more than happy. It isn't the cheapest place but in value for money terms: The best deal in Mcleodganj - Guaranteed! The only problem is: you must book in advance! 5 rooms ONLY! A new restaurant was added to the complex so that's a big bonus...especially on rainy days:-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo