Nice hotel. Vehicles go right up to the main door of the hotel (This is important for senior citizens as some hotels have steps to walk down towards the reception as i will cover all hotels which i travelled in Himachal with pros and cons).
The reception and dining area is on the main floor. Rooms are situated on different floors. Senior citizens can take rooms on the main floor. We had six rooms. 3 on one floor above and 3 one floor below.
Good hotel with good service
Extra bed was provided as per our booking(This is again important as some hotels provide mattress quoting that thats what they provide as extra bed e.g. Hotel Khyber Continental - Amritsar provided with one mattress which we refused)
Swimming pool had warm water.
Games room had some aerobic equipment, pool table and other games. There were books available for reading.
Breakfast and dinner were good.
Rooms were cosy and the heater was good(Again you will understand why good heater is important in my reviews of other hotels in Himachal.e.g.Hotel Mini Swiss - Khajjiar had those room heaters which i had last seen when i was a child. The ones where we can see the rods geating heated. We had to find a place to keep it so that no one would get shock or burn by accidently touching the heater. Also we were charged for such a heater in Hotel Mini Swiss - Khajjiar only.)
As it was a hotel with view to the valley it was little bit distant from the marketplace and Mcleodganj. 1/2hr - 1 hour route depending on where you want to visit in dharmashala and mcleodganj. We used to come back to the hotel after 7:00 p.m. and depart at 9:00p.m. after breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asia Health Resorts is the finest Spa Resort in Mcleodganj having 4 star amenities, located in the serene foothills of the majestic Dhauladar. It is just 30 mins drive from the airport and 15 minutes from the famous Dalai Lama Monastry. Having a magnificent view of Kangra Valley and Pong Dam lake, the Luxury rooms offer the highest level of comfort. The Spa offers an extensive menu of treatments, integrating the traditional Indian systems of Ayurveda with the more contemporary Western approach. The Spa also offers a temperature controlled outdoor pool, Steam and Sauna Bath and Yoga sessions on request.The Resort has a library which includes a wide selection of material on various subjects, a gymnasium and for children: there are bicycles to ride on, movies and a games room.The roof top valley view bar “The Tavern” has a warm romantic sitting offering extensive variety of Indian and imported liqueurs. Think of a cup of tea or coffee, the Solarium lounge is an awaited answer which features comfortable leather armchairs to relax and enjoy. The multi-cuisine restaurant with lush green garden has delicious food.The Resort is a perfect place to host Residential Conference. It also has a travel desk to assist the customers to plan their day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Asia Health Resorts & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asia Health Hotel Dharamsala
- Asia Health Resorts & Spa Dharamsala, India