“One of the best guest house / hotel i have visited in my life”
Review of Rocky Guesthouse

Rocky Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 44 Hampi B&B and Inns
Mysuru (Mysore), India
“One of the best guest house / hotel i have visited in my life”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at Rocky Guest House for 4 nights in Sep. 2013. Before coming to hampi I reserved 1 non ac bedroom, Guide and bike through phone. When I spoke to Rocky, I understood his politeness. I reached in hospet around 7.30 AM. He arranged one auto to pick up to hampi. I spend 4 days in hampi and its milestone in my life because without any straggle, I visited almost all the main places.
This time I should say to thank you the guide he arranged (Kumar) because usually the guide will spend max. 5 to 7 hours with tourist but him spends more than 8 hours per day show the places. One thing I was happy about the guide if I asked any details about the place if guide don’t knows he will say I don’t know he never gives any wrong information.
2nd day’s one incident I should share with you. When I start taking the photos, my camera battery charge completed. Somehow I completed that day. In night, I told these things to rocky, and he tried to arrange one battery for me. Unfortunate I didn't get any battery. At last, I asked one camera in the rent shop they told I need deposit 5000 rs as security and 1000 for rent. . At last he gave his own camera without asking any deposit and rent. If I didn’t get this camera I can’t complete the trip.
I told to be rocky I wanted the book which explains about the hampi history. Within 30 mins he brought around 10 books, and he told from this, I could select anyone. I wondered. For satisfy the customer he did that much.
Whatever bad commended come about Rocky, I do not believe that one. If you're running any organization for saying bad thing people come more only few people speak correct thing. Before accept any comment think twice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank KrishnaPrasadK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Bad Kreuznach
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at Rockys for 4 nights in Nov. 2013. Nice clean place with good beds and hot showers, breakfast is included in the price. Rocky is a friendly guy that can arrange for station pick ups and rickshaw tours of the Hampi sights. All in all a gooid choice for Hampi. Can definitely recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Liege,Belgique
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The owner is very helpful. Take a room on the first floor. The restaurant is good. And you have many other restaurants around. Talking to poeple is very easy in this place. One of the place to be in Hampi. The owner recommended me a taxi for 100 Ruppees to Hospet. Normal price is 200 Ruppees.

Room Tip: First floor are the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Rocky is incredibly helpful, quick to respond to emails and arranges everything with utmost convenience and at a fair price. We stayed in the upstairs room with AC, which was a cool and calm experience in the November heat. Food and service is great, we couldn't get enough of the dosas and fresh lime soda! Rocky arranged scooters for us at a moment's notice and for a reasonable rate, saving us time and expense. Highly recommended to anyone for a relaxed and comfortable stay in Hampi! Thank you very much Rocky!

• Stayed November 2013
Kharkov
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Rocky Guesthouse is ordinary budget hotel as for India but it's one of the best place in Hampi. Rocky is extremely friendly and helpfull guy. It was real pleasure to meet him.
I recommend this hotel for everybody.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Zanka, Hungary
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend and I wish it would have been a couple more! Rocky was one of the nicest guys we met in India in weeks, very friendly and helpful. We also loved the meals his father prepared downstairs, in fact we had all our meals there during out stay, it just was fantastic! Definately recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I went by the reviews in the trip advisor and selected this place. It lived up to our expectations. Initially we planned to stay for 1 night but extended for another 2 nights. We also saw other guest houses but then they were not as good. Rocky is friendly person and he also got a safe place to park our car as we did not want to park it in the public parking lot. Some positive things: Sprint mattress, Indian friendly toilets (yes, they have health faucets), 24/7 hot water as they are connected to instant geysers and airy rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends