I agree with a lot of people with regards to the quality of the hotel. It does have an aged feel to it, but keeping in mind the other options available in the region and the price you pay, it makes for good value.
What wins is the location. Pretty and by the side of the river... close enough that we could even go for a lovely dip in it. The lawns are sprawling... full of birds and flowers... i assume would look stunning after the monsoons.
The food is average. Limited options... breakfast, lunch and dinner almost tastes the same.
This review is a bit delayed.. and i hope by now they have spruced up and maintained the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bundelkhand Riverside is built on 50 acres of land on the banks of the River Betwa in Orchha and the old house, which still exists, was used as a hunting lodge cum guest house. The present retreat is an addition to the old construction that dates back to 1895. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bundelkhand Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundelkhand Riverside Orchha
- Bundelkhand Riverside Hotel Orchha