“That Rare Thing- Decent Italian in Asia”
Review of Om Shiva Buffet - CLOSED

Om Shiva Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have encountered a fair few Mexican restaurants in Asia that I enjoyed, but rarely has Italian food been a success. Here then is rare exception. Their pasta was actually quite delicious and their vegetarian pizzas are crispy, fresh and tasty. They seem to have pizza-making down to an art. We recommend the mushroom or verdure pizzas. The risotto was less appealing but still edible. Their coffees are better than most. Overall, a good option for people who can't face the 20th thali or masala dosa of their trip to India.

2  Thank Raymond W

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I first heard about Om Shiva because of their super cheap buffet (80 rps), but they didn't have it when we went because of the low season. Not a problem. The minute we tasted the pasta, we knew we'd be coming back a few times. The noodles are cooked to a perfect al dente, and the sauce is rich and flavorful. They also use chills in the sauce which gives it a surprising and delightful kick. The mixed salad, as well, was fresh and tasty, and they even have balsamic vinegar to go with it! Might have been my imagination, but it seemed like the portion sizes kept getting bigger each time we returned, which was much appreciated.

To be honest, though, the Israeli food pales in comparison, so go for the Italian options. Pizza from the wood fired oven was also quite good.

Quiet rooftop with a nice view of the ghats. Service is also great even when it gets busy.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was looking for this restaurant due to Tripadvisor's advice, and I notices there are 2 restaurants with the same name: Om Shiva. This is the one on a roof top, not the garden one.
When I was there in May, buffet was not available. So I tried pizza, and it was great, They have a real pizza oven, and the man who made it seemed an italian professional!!!
Not much people that night, probably because there were not much people in Pushkar.
Prices are ok.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Didn't try the buffet but many do. We love their pizza. Fine crispy crust and delicious topping (especially the fungi ) and prompt service as you watch the bustle of the market.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I ate many meals at Om Shiva Buffet - breakfast, lunch and dinner. All were served quickly and the quality of the food was excellent. Pizza and pasta are a specialty and the salads are fantastic with freshly grown salad leaves. The restaurant is in the main market, but still has a quiet atmosphere. All this together with friendly and helpful service and free wi-fi made it my favourite restaurant in Pushkar. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Kimmellor