“Home away from home”

Shyam Krishna Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pushkar
Shyam Krishna Guesthouse
Ranked #40 of 83 Pushkar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have stayed at Shyam Krishna Guesthouse 3 times over 12 years. This place is like quicksand - it draws you in (with its charm and peacefulness) and reluctantly let's you go. Each of the 3 times I have stayed, I have extended my stay. Despite being a "budget hotel" it is spotlessly clean, amazingly peaceful, and run by incredible family and staff that are friendly, honest, dependable, and just a pleasure to be around.

The gardens here inside the grounds are an amazing spot to just sit and be. The rooftops offer a tranquil place to see in the mornings or watch the sunset.

Within India, this place really does feel like my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank scottrachauckland

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I somehow landed at this hotel in the middle of the night. Lucky that I did because it feels more like being in a resort than at a budget hotel. The grounds are beautiful and spacious and everything surrounds a temple. I chose a single room without toilet or shower during peak season in January and paid 200 rupees a night. I even got wifi in my room. The rooms are clean and freshly painted and the shared bathroom was also clean. I was sick with a cold for part of my time there so really appreciated everything being so easy and hassle free. After traveling in budget hotels for four months, this one is a real gem.

Room Tip: They have many styles of rooms depending on your budget/preference. I chose the most basic and paid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank abyars00
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Just before camel fair started, all GH were greedy rising prices even for people already staying weekly. But here i met fair owners, being reasonable for my 5 days stay -checking out 1 day before Camel fair begins - in a clean double room with super hot water all day. Prem restaurant: he is most helpful and offers healthy and safe food. The garden is superb and many guests gathered sharing travel experiences. Nice atmosphere in Krishna GH. Thanks to Mr Krishna & family

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cata M
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Nice peaceful guest houses in central Pushkar, basic but clean & tidy with good food. Lovely gardens to chill in. Owner is a bit of a grumpy wotsit but the rest of staff are very nice. Hard to communicate with over the phone.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was actually booked into a different place, but the taxi dropped me off here and before I realised it, I'd been shown to a comfortable room. Once I'd realised the mistake, I decided it was better at half the price! (only 400 INR a night for fan room). It was clean and comfortable and cheap.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter_Rath
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I fell in love with Shyam Krishna guest house. The brothers who own the place are so lovely and take great care of the property. They have the most beautfiul garden which is watered about five times daily and its so luscious and refreshing. I was delighted to find some greenary in dusty India :) I chose a room with a bathroom attached where we could sit out in the garden at night. It was so perfect and I loved my stay here. Very central and super location. Very quiet and peacfeful off the main road.
Would really reccomend it, I cant believe they don't have more reviews here?!!!

Room Tip: choose a room by the garden :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

After months of staying in budget guesthouses I ended up in Krishna Guesthouse and it was a breath of fresh air! Everything was clean and tidy and painted white, meals and drinks were available from the small restaurant, and a large variety of different rooms (some cheaper ones with shared bathrooms, some upstairs rooms) were situated around the original temple. Plus there was a magnificent garden to sit in and enjoy. The location is excellent, near the lake, the Ajmer bus-stop and just minutes from the main ghat and market place. My single room was large and quite beautiful, possibly part of the original 200+ year old temple and ashram structure, and my bathroom had great hot water (I stayed during January and the nights were cold). There were great roof-top spaces for me to practice yoga on, and the staff are also very friendly and welcoming, with good spoken English.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo