“A skill to last a lifetime”

Pushkar Yoga Garden
More attraction details
Owner description: A Yoga and meditation retreat centre based on the ancient Indian ashram tradition, offering yoga and meditation courses and classes. Very welcome.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yogesh is an excellent teacher, my girlfriend and I were treated to a private 6 day yoga class for beginners where we were enlightened on the ways of and practises of Hatha Yoga. Yogesh broke down every aspect of yog, explaining in depth numerous techniques for meditation and cleansing as well as guiding us through the asanas. An authentic look into the art and lifestyle, a warm and friendly man and highly recommend to all who visit Pushkar - we look forward to returning

All reviews
"family home"
"teacher training"
"thank you very much"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Blown away by Yogish's mastery of yoga. He has trained with the greats and featured in a book of India's top yogis. His no-nonsense down to earth but amenable approach makes this accessible for all levels, though if you wish to go deep, he can give you a masterclass of the true original yoga - a far cry from what passes for yoga in many other places. Top rate, excellent. I would go back in a heartbeat and don't hesitate to recommend 100%.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having just completed my 200hr ashtanga-vinyasa RYT, I have been keen to expose myself to as many forms of the wonderful practice that is yoga as possible whilst travelling India. I can honestly say that the "one day of yogic life" course, offered at The Pushkar Yoga Garden, has been such a highlight of my India experience!

Yogesh was absolutely amazing, his teaching style was inspiring and you could feel the knowledge and genuine belief in what he was explaining to us. In just one day you will learn more than you would imagine possible about not only the traditional hatha yoga practice but also about Ayurveda (including some ayurvedic medicine which I found fascinating and was an unexpected bonus of the day). Yogesh offers students a chance to experience a traditional and pure form of hatha yoga which is so refreshing from the westernised yoga most of us practice at home. I could've talked to Yogesh for hours and hours about yoga and I would've only scraped the surface of his expertise, one day was definitely not long enough!

Pushkar Yoga Garden is a wholly positive experience for beginner and experienced yogis alike! I am travelling with a friend who had never done yoga before India and she also found the day with Yogesh incredible; admiring how, despite his advanced practice, he remains so humble and relatable.

If you're in Pushkar you should definitely make time to visit Yogesh at The Yoga Garden, at least going for one of his drop in yoga classes that run every morning and evening. Thank you so much Yogesh for the most wonderful day!

Namaste

Catherine

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I don't do a lot of yoga but I went with a friend to stay here in Pushkar as we wanted some time to reflect on a trip to the Jaipur Literature Festival. It was a perfect and surprising choice. Both Yogesh and Deepa and their children contributed to our stay being so enjoyable. The food, the yoga sessions, and their attitude to helping us create a nice structure for our time in Pushkar made such a difference to our time in India. Yogesh listened to us and watched us carefully, and recommended practices to suit us specifically. This paired with the cooking by Deepa of interesting and truly tasty meals made for a restorative stay. Yogesh helped me achieve my dream of a gentle camel ride just before I left, and I came away with a sense of my body and mind being much stronger. I've been using some of the practices in my life back in the UK, it's given me confidence knowing which body type I am to say no to some foods and postures.

I'd like to go back and spend longer, twice daily yoga had an effect on my body physically after just three days. Thank you both very much for the way you lived with us and taught us, it was really quite special.

pushkaryogagarden, Owner at Pushkar Yoga Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Jennifer, thanks a lot for such a positive feedback. It is definitely going to encourage us to provide a beautiful and fulfilling experience to our yoga students. Really appreciated.
Pushkar Yoga Garden family.