“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Cumbria
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in beautiful, snowy Seefeld and once again stayed at the Hotel Marthe. This was our second visit, having stayed here last January, and can honestly say that, like last year, from the moment we arrived until the morning we left we could not fault anything about the hotel or the staff.
Our room was spotlessly clean, light, airy and with plenty of wardrobe space and there was plenty of room in the recently refurbished bathroom with underfloor heating and a spacious shower cubicle.
The staff were wonderful, genuinely friendly and ensured we wanted for nothing.
And what can I say about the food? Excellent! Plentiful, tasty and the evening meals always beautifully presented. A special mention should go to the chef and the kitchen staff who normally don't receive the credit they deserve.
At lunch time two different soups, bread and juice are available at no extra cost. And one afternoon during the week you can indulge yourself with a selection of cakes and tea or coffee, again at no extra charge. Oh, and from about 21.30 each evening hot drinks are available and yes, at no extra charge.
Will we be returning? You bet! Hopefully next January.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Breakfastbar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
East Sussex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Just spent my first week in the Austrian Tyrol in the lovely Hotel Marthe. Decided upon it thanks to Trip Advisor reviews and wasn’t disappointed. Wanted a half-board arrangement in a hotel with a pool, and Marthe seemed like a good bet. 3 rather than 4-star, but what hotel in Germany/Austria of even a 2-star standard isn’t clean and reasonably comfortable? The hotel was not in the centre of town, but still only a short walk away, on the outskirts. It was not that far away from a main road, which I thought might annoy due to traffic noise, but it soon didn’t disturb me any more and it also did not spoil a wonderful view. The hotel was not that busy during our stay (first week of September) and the guests were mostly Italian and German retirees. One of the waiting staff told me that he clientele changes a bit during the winter months.

Mr & Mrs Marthe run the hotel with a small but friendly staff, who were always on hand to chat or answer questions. We were also upgraded from a basic room to a Junior Suite (it is not busy in September I take it), which was a lovely surprise, which meant more space, and a bath as well as separate shower, in the only attic room of the hotel. This suite had obviously just been renovated, so the bathroom (with two basins and underfloor heating) was a pleasure to use. The room also had a lovely balcony, which I wouldn’t have been without in the summer months.

The half-board breakfast and dinner were fairly basic I suppose, but always prepared, presented and served with care and attention. Good Austrian fare. Generally there was a soup, a salad (from a buffet) then main course (vegetarian option available). The dining room was light and spacious. Couldn’t fault the two waitresses, who were joined at times by the owners to serve the guests. Drinks from the bar were very reasonable, and there was a another cosy area in which to sit before/after dinner to drink/talk/read. The regular dining routine was complemented by several extra events, such as a BBQ evening at the owners’ other ‘retreat’ property further up the mountain (we didn’t attend, but heard we missed a wonderful evening), a coffee & cake afternoon and a special “festive evening” which happened to be served on our final evening, consisting of a glass of sparkling wine, followed by a delicious 3-course meal (compliments to the chef!). There were also soup and bread available at lunchtime every day for free if you just wanted something light. All these extras were really lovely touches, and made the week’s stay incredibly good value indeed.

The pool & “wellness” area were small but clean and functioned well for the most part, though the steam room was not warm or steamy enough for my liking (I think it was not working properly). There was also a broken exercise bike (no power source) – either have it working, or remove it I say! There was also inside and outside areas for relaxing, and a table tennis table in the garden.

All in all, a great hotel in a truly gorgeous part of the world, offering breathtaking scenery, walks aplenty (with a substantial network of graded tracks for novice walkers up to serious hikers), cycle tracks and lakes for swimming (a bit cold after August!), not to mention the lovely town centre of Seefeld itself. Seefeld is by far the nicest town in this region – I wouldn’t bother considering anywhere else. I do intend to return one day to Hotel Marthe, perhaps in June, when the owner says the wild flowers are out and are stunning. I can really imagine that is true!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpvin
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

From the moment we arrived everything fell into place,the welcome we received was friendly, the room was clean and had character,the food was lovely as were the staff. The hotel was only a few minutes walk from Seefeld,which in itself was a joy to be in, and there where plenty of shops to visit amongst other delights to see..
We will certainly return in the near future

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank telNorwich
Marktbergel, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here during the last week in December 2011

The hotel room was fairly small, but I was the only one in the room so it was fine. The price was exceptional for the room and meals. Meals at this hotel were really great. The breakfast was bountiful and fresh. The dinner selection changed every night.

Internet service is important to me. It was available there, but only in the lobby which just meant that I would get online at breakfast and at dinner. Nice place to stay to get to know the area for winter activities.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mekaye
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

This was our first visit to the Hotel Marthe, and it certainly wont be the last.The genuine warm welcome we received from Gerlinde on our arrival set the tone for the rest of the week. Gerlinde`s daughter, Julia, at the reception desk, was delightful, always helpful and informative, and the staff in the dining room and bar cheerful and obliging.
The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated and the food excellent and plentiful. Thanks must go to the kitchen staff, who normally don't get a mention, for preparing such tasty and well presented meals.
I wont go into detail about all that is available, just to say that what you see on the hotel website is what you get! Brilliant value for money!
And the highlight of the week for my wife and I was the evening walk and meal at the Reitherjoch Alm.
So, if you are looking for a warm, friendly, family run hotel amid stunning scenery, look no further than the Hotel Marthe, I`m sure you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Breakfastbar
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed in the Hotel Marthe for two weeks whilst on a skiing holiday in the area. I have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past and was not at all disappointed on this occasion.

The hotel is located on the outskirts of the town, fairly close to one of the major skiing areas (Rosshutte) and approximately a 10 minute walk from the centre of Seefeld itself (the walk is a really good way to exercise the leg muscles prior to a day on the slopes !).

Seefeld-in-Tirol is easy to get to if you don't fancy going through an operator - there are excellent connections to Innsbruck and Munich. A regular bus service operates between the airport and the central railway station in Innsbruck and the train journey onwards takes around half an hour. The onward journey from Munich airport is by rail all the way and takes around 3 hours. Public transport in Austria (and Germany for that matter) is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than in the UK !!! It is advisable to check train times before setting out (especially if travelling from Munich) - a fairly straightforward web search should bring up all the necessary information.

The hotel itself is rated as a three star establishment - the rooms I have stayed in would probably reflect this grading but were kept spotlessly clean. I have marked 'Sleep Quality' down, as I did tend to suffer some issues with back pain during my stay which cleared up shortly after getting up in the morning (alleviated by putting the mattress on the floor overnight for better support) but this could just be something to do with me !

The food was excellent - I had no trouble at all clearing the dishes put before me and the staff were really friendly.

In short, I would have no trouble at all recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike_Eng_11
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

We discovered Hotel Marthe in 2008 and made a second visit last month. It is a truly delightful place in a quiet location on the edge of Seefeld. It has the perfect blend of friendliness and efficiency, very good value for money and full of nice surprises. We are so pleased to have found Hotel Marthe and fully intend to make more visits. The quality of the rooms, the food and the service are all of a high standard .... oh, and did we mention the surprises?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple