“Great hotel right in the town”

Krumers Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found Krumers excellent. We had a junior suite which was very comfortable with a balcony overlooking the square and the church. The breakfast was good and the entire hotel spotless. We would recommend staying here to enjoy lovely Seefeld.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the church and the bells do start from 7am so maybe if you don't lik...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at this very nice hotel for five days over Christmas 2013. The two highlights were a really superb spa area and delicious food. We stayed half-board and enjoyed a nice breakfast buffet and fantastic dinner with five courses - even seven courses on Christmas Eve. We were really happy and can only recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms have very thin walls to the neighbouring rooms, so maybe think about choosing the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marco Z
Krumers-Post, Inhaber at Krumers Post Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks a lot for your great review, we are very glad that you spent a fantastic time here with us.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back in Seefeld as soon as possible :)

Best wishes from Seefeld,
Alois Albrecht

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay in a Junior Suite at the hotel.
We stayed half board, breakfast was fine. Dinner was lovely with 5 courses (3 options of mains, 2 dessert options.)

Afternoon snacks between 2.30-4.30 were served which were also very nice. There was soup (which is not labelled in English) , meats, fruit and cake in the week and at the weekend there seemed to be more options (Spaghetti Bolognese on the Saturday.)

Our room had a view over the Town Square which was lovely with everything lit up at Christmas. If your a light sleeper then the square view rooms probably aren't the best idea as the church and peace bell goes off several times an hour. It seems to be the most active early hours when at one point it chimed over 50 times!!
This wasn't too much of an issue, my partner sleeps very well and I thought it was actually quite nice to listen to, although I'm sure some people would see it as a problem.

The spa area was beautiful, everywhere lit up with candles and relaxing music playing. A couple of relaxation areas with a hammock, bean beds, chairs etc (there were no water beds which was disappointing as they are advertised.)
The spa buffet consisted off water, teas and some dried pineapple (or similar) and some mixed nuts.

I don't want to fill my review full of bad remarks because it really is a lovely hotel with friendly staff and in a great location. I just feel there is a few things to watch out for!

-The sauna, Steam room, infrared room etc (anywhere except the relaxation areas and pool) have signs on the door saying that swimwear is not allowed past this point- so basically you cant use them if your not naked!
Although some may like this I certainly don't feel comfortable walking around naked in front of strangers or even people I know. Therefore we missed out on using those facilities.
I am not against people using the facilities naked if they wish to but they certainly shouldn't stop the people who don't want to, especially when its not advertised (probably because they know this could put people off.)

- The day of leaving we seen some people checking in, they were seated in the lounge area with a glass of Prosecco and an introductory talk. I then realised that this was mentioned on our confirmation 'complimentary sparkling wine on arrival' but yet we never received it. I didn't mention it as I don't drink anyway but its not the point!

- Finally the smoking was a major issue! The hotel is advertised as a non smoking hotel throughout. This is very important to me as I am asthmatic and I could never stay in a smoking hotel!
Unfortunately as we walked in the hotel you could smell smoke in the lounge areas, as well as up the staircase/corridors on the 1st/2nd floor and in part of the restaurant (we had to ask to move tables on the 1st and 2nd evening as the smell of smoke isn't nice when your a non smoker, especially when it makes you ill.)
We discovered that there is a bar in the hotel which is the designated smoking area, the doors to the bar are in the lounge area (next to the restaurant) and the other door it near the staircase going to the bedrooms) The bar doors are left open so as you can imagine when its full of smokers, the smell travels throughout part of the hotel.
I complained about this 4-5 times. My first complaint at reception wasn't appreciated nor taken seriously as the lady was quite argumentative.
However I complained a second time to a very pleasant gentleman working on reception who went to close the bar door immediately. But unfortunately after an hour it was back open again!

The hotel is only a 3 minute walk to the train station, it has a spar shop a few doors down and everything you need really.
I would definitely visit Seefeld again and recommend Krumers Post Hotel & Spa. Despite the issues I would possibly revisit myself if the smoke problems were resolved.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheBooms
Reviewed 1 August 2013

never stayed in The Krumers Post, but my wife and I drank here nearly every night of our 1 week stay. Never caught the name of the 2 guys or 1 girl who served us, but they always had a smile on their faces and the service was always excellent. They must have recognised us after about our 2nd night as they guessed what our drinks order was.
The seats outside are right on The Square so we would sit there in the sun, enjoy a beer or Aperol Spritz and people watch. They had live music on 2 of the nights we drank there which made a change and we sat inside a couple of times. I can imagine it's really cosy sitting inside during the winter months.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robster36
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My spouse and I both really enjoyed our stay at Krumers Post. The location at the very heart of Seefeld could not have been better with an easy access to both the Rosshütte mountain and the nearby cross-country trails. We loved the breakfast buffet and, perhaps most of all, the luxurious spa department which we visited almost every day. The Finnish sauna was our favorite :) Hotel staff was very friendly and eager to help. Would definitely go again, if we happen to visit Seefeld again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marjokay
Reviewed 12 March 2013

quality hotel in ideal position Not very long trip from airport and nice welcome
food very good esp the breakfasts
Spa area wonderful with superb facilities
staff very friendly and could speak english which was helpful

Room Tip: rooms at rear tend to get noiuse from casino at weekends
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The hotel is right in the centre of seefeld. There is a bit of noise from the street but normally ends around 11pm so does not interfere with sleep. We were in a suite which was extremely big but the decor was not up to suite standard. There were cracked tiles in the bathroom areas. The curtains in the bedroom were not lined so the early morning light woke us. The rooms were extremely clean but lacked that feel of luxury. The staff were all extremely helpful and the service is extremely good. The food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner. The. Afternoon buffet served from 2.30 to 4-30 was also excellent, soup, salad and large variety of cakes. Drinks and add ons were all reasonable priced.
The Spa is serene, beautiful, calm and the decor rustic and relaxing. The spa is new and very large. Plenty of relaxation areas. The treatments were extremely good and are a reasonable price. Plenty of healthy snacks and drinks available in the spa. The swimming pool was a bit on the cool side foe us so we only used it once.
Overall a great hotel with great staff and service.
Seefeld is a great place for winter walking. Over 100km of trails, most if them gritted.Best winter walking, and it is made easy by plenty of signposts .

Room Tip: The suite we had was not very luxurious. I think there may have been more newly renovated suites ava...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple