“Excellent Hotel for all the Family”

Aktiv & Spa-Resort Alpenpark
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
“Excellent Hotel for all the Family”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent a week at the hotel over New Year.
Everything about the hotel is Excellent. We had a group of 13 and the hotel was perfect for the adults and the 6 children.

The spa and treatments worked out great for the non Skiers. And the sports bar and main bar great at nights

If going to Seefeld stay at this hotel

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed at Alpenpark for our honeymoon and it was lovely; we were upgraded and the room (although slightly tired looking) was really nice with a balcony.

The staff were so helpful and politie (especially in the waiting staff). The hotel was clean and tidy.

It is is a good location.

If we have the opportunity we will definately return.

Room Tip: Go for south facing if possible.... (think some rooms would look out on car park so best to check)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DizzyDaisy28
Evje
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We enjoyed a family holiday at the Alpenpark in early July. The weather was not great but the staff at the hotel were. My kids loved it. They had stacks of activities to pursue, kids club, pool, outdoor facilities, sports bar etc. The restuarant was super with a good menu and great service. If we had a problem it was dealt with quietly and effectively. I would go back to this hotel and recommend it to others. Seefeld is in a good location, lots of sporting facilties and close to Innsbruck and Garmisch.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank TimDavis
cork, ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed for third time in Alpenpark Hotel in Seefeld. As before I found this an excellent hotel with very good facilities and food. The all in price is also very good as your evening meal is included as is a light lunch, excluding drinks. The breakfast is the best I have ever had in any hotel. Seefeld itself is a very beautiful place and its proximity to Innsbruck is a big plus compared to other Austrian resorts. I am counting down the days until next years visit to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank jbeanCork_Ireland
New Zealand
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We arrived at Alpenpark and greeted by freindly staff. The whole place is very nice. The food were great. We had a fantastic time. I love the outdoor swimming pool as well as the indoor ones. Ilove the room for adults only away from the noise. This is a lovely place to relax and forget about the crazy world we live in. I love the beauty shop as well, I went in twice for a full body massage. All in all it was a very unforgettable experience. I will go back there again if the opportunity comes. There is only one issue about the dining room, I hope they will separate the dining area for families with small children. It can be annoying when they start screaming and unrully in the dining area.

3 Thank KorokoroI
Athens
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We visited Seefeld for the first time and we took our 2 children of 4 and 5 with us. I was very nervous about taking our children to a skiiing holiday so I did research very much about the resort and about the hotels available. Initially I was flirting with the idea of renting an appartment but in the end I decided that a full board hotel such as Alpenpark is a better deal altoghether than an appartment. We rented a car from Munich (Avis provided good prices from Greece plus great service) and we arrived in the hotel at 13.00. Despite the communication between me and the hotel that the room would only be available at 14.00 (they seemd quite unflexible about this), in the end at 13.00 it was already available for us. We had a junior suite, without a balcony which to my opinion was not necessary. The good thing about the room was that there were 2 separate rooms for us and the children. The room itself was spacious and very clean (I am quite picky...). The decor was traditional tyrolean, nothing overly glamorous or sparkling new but pleasant. Only a small fridge though and no minibar. Not a huge problem for us. The hotel's facilities were quite good, I really liked the fact that there are many places to sit and relax and read your book or drink a beer. And the best, the hotel has a children's area with a very nice lady that takes care of them. On two occasions we left them there for a while, to play some squash and to have a quite drink the two of us. This was really great. The swimming pool area was also nice, albeit on Friday it got really crowded and it made you think how clean the water was after all these people had swum in it!! The whole swimming pool area is not very big either but the children were very happy plus we got to swim outside! Food wise: Breakfast was really nice, with everything one needs, breads, jums, butters, cornflakes, eggs of all kinds etc... Lunch we only ate once, because otherwise we grabbed a bite outside the hotel and dinner to my view was mediocre. I mean yes 4 courses do sound impressive but to be honest the food was not very tasty. They try very hard to do this "gourmet, nouvelle cuisine" thing, but honestly I think something simpler seems more suitable for the place. Anyway, we did not exaclty suffer did we? I can see my cheeks have rounded significantly :(. Anyway, the children's food was what bothered me most. I mean they offer small quantities to our view (our children are quite thin but with a very healthy appetite after a full day skiiing). The choices were all either fried or pasta, so nuggets, french fries packed with salt, fish chips, swnitzel, that sort of thing. In the end we first gave our children salad, and only if they had eaten it they could eat their meal. Generally speaking, I am not disappointed with dinner but I wish the children could have different options. Perhaps if I had asked them, they could have provided us with a different choice. In any case, I was a bit sceptical about asking for something differernt than the "norm" because when I asked for tap water instead of bottle (which cost 4 euros 20/bottle) they said is was not possible.
The hotel staff were nice and polite. Some a lot more polite than others, but generally all were nice. The hotel gives a lot of opportunities to do things, like play tennis, or bowling, or squash or every day there are excursions etc. We did not do much of this because the whole point of the excursion was for the children to learn skiiing so we spent the day with them in the pistes. The distance of the hotel to the baby pistes (seefeld ski school) was convenient ( I think other than staying to hotel Eden which is next to the pistes.. all other options are more or less the same) and the distance to the center was also ok. Not next door but not a big issue either. Maybe 8-10 minutes on foot with the kids.

The hotel is well maintained, very clean, provides many opportunites for relaxation and all in all I am very happy with our choice. I would not have chosed another hotel especially because I had the children with me. If it was only us the couple perhaps I would have opted for a breakfast only hotel near the center, like Elite which seems really nice but for the kids Alpenpark was a really good choice. I have no idea though how the other rooms are. For example I noticed some rooms were next to the family pool and this I would not have liked so much mainly because of the chlorium smell and also the fact that all the people who want to go to the pool march in front of my room. Our room was on the 3rd floor and it was nice and quiet.
All in all a very pleasant and nice experience for us. Very sad it is over and back to work on Monday...

PS. And dont forget to have dinner at Dorksfrung in Mosern, really nice restaurant!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank AthensGrace
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2011

First the good:
Very welcoming at check in
Large room with 2 extra single beds in separate adjoining areas (room 542)
Friendly staff
Good quality food and selection for breakfast and dinner
Superb spa facilities with adults only and also family facilities
Quiet location about 10mins walk to the village centre
Excellent kids play facilities, indoor bowling, table tennis, some arcade games, tennis wall.
Flexible kids club, open all day.
Separate enclosed smoking area, so bar and lounge was smoke free.

Could do better:
No shower, only a shower attachment for a bath built into the eaves. So only a child could use it as a stand up shower. This may have been unique to our room, but the extra room for the children outweighed this negative, so we didnt ask to move.
Although on the 3rd floor, you could clearly hear the band playing in the bar downstairs. Usually until 11am so not too disruptive, but until the early hours on New Years Eve.
We felt the reception staff were lacking in knowledge about the excursions, also although the walking tours were well organised..they would have been more enjoyable with an English speaking guide.
Book any spa treatments you need in advance, only one massuese available so very limited availabliity.
Wi-fi charged at 1 euro for 10mins.. is this really necessary?
Hotel manager insisted 1/3 bottle of sediment was "normal" for a bottle of Bordeaux. Shame to have an argument over a 41 euro bottle of wine on our last day after spending 7,000 euros there over the week.
Overall a very enjoyable stay, just a shame the wine incident left a bad taste, in more ways than one !

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family