“5 star!”
Review of Das Hotel Eden

Das Hotel Eden
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We have just returned from an absolutely fantastic holiday at the Hotel Eden. It was the perfect place to return to after a day's ski-ing.
The rooms were fantastic with wonderful views. They were modern and spotlessly clean.
The food every evening was great (and no mistakes were made with our orders!). The waiting staff were extremely friendly and attentive.
Whilst I do agree with the previous reviewer that the smoking during breakfast etc wasnt pleasant at all - this is typical of other hotels we have stayed in in Austria, so is not unusual.
The pool and spa area was amazing - a lovely place to unwind and relax.
Overall, couldnt fault this hotel at all, and the group of 8 of us who stayed there would definitely return, and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 December 2008

We just returned from a pre-Christmas ski vacation in Seefeld, and can't say enough about the Hotel Eden. As everyone else has noted, the staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful and gregarious. The hotel and spa are spotlessly clean, and as an American, I loved falling into the routine of skiing, followed by sauna/steamroom, followed by a swim in the indoor outdoor pool. (That alone was worth it, on snowy evenings at twilight.) The food was surprisingly good, and the restaurant has an excellent wine list. It is not kitschy Tyrolean, certainly, but it was really cozy, especially by the fireplace in the bar. We had a wonderful experience there, and will certainly stay there again the next time we make it to Seefeld.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2008

My wife and I stayed here having booked our holiday through a well known British "Lakes and Mountains" specialist company which included flights,transfers and accommodation-in our view an economical way to travel to Austria.
This was our second visit to Austria and again we were absolutely delghted by the levels of service, the food and this particular hotel.
We had booked a room with a sitting area for a modest supplement and would say that it would be worth doing this even though it seems all rooms have balconies ,as the extra space and furniture increased our enjoyment .
The hotel is in modern style-it is not "Chalet style".However the bedrooms and the public areas including the swimming pool and spa/sauna/gym areas have the Austrian virtues of being beautifully appointed and furnished and well cared for. The dining room is very well managed by an excellent head-waiter and the food is excellent in choice, presentation and quality. We were on dinner,bed and breakfast terms and were delighted with all we ateThe reception staff are multi-lingual and very helpful as regards train,bus and furnicular railway time-tables and welcome assisting their guests with any request as regards things to see or where a particular moutain walk starts.It is that Austrian professionalism which took us back to this beautiful country this year and which will, likely, bring us to another part of Austria next year.If only our British four star hotels were so well appointed and professionally run!The hotel is very near the village centre and thus the train station and bus stops. Seefeld has miles of walking around it both easy and more challenging and the short train journey takes one to Innsbruck and even Mittenwald (Bavaria) so this resort and hotel offers a most comfortable environment and base for exploration. One small complaint, Whilst the dining room is well managed I think they really need a couple more staff: service can be a little slow at times, notwithstanding that the wait was worth it for the excellent dinner! We will be recommending this hotel to our friends and we would have no hesitatation in returning ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Ok there are a lot of reviews in tripadvisor saying how wonderful this hotel is and I can see why, but I do have reservations about some aspects of the Eden.
The good...Staff are great, very helpful, very friendly, always stop and speak to you, lots of smiles. Food, good standard 4-5 courses nightly (6 on Sundays) breakfasts plenty of choice for everyone, chef on duty to cook your eggs the way you like them. Packed lunches available if you want them. Cleanliness, the place is spotless. Fresh towels everyday ( I would have preffered to hang on to my towels...save the planet and all that...but they changed them everyday)
Not so good, Food it can be very rich and I had to take a break from it for a couple of nights, nothing against the quality just the richness. Restaurant ambience can be a little difficult, everyone speaks in hushed voices as you can hear all conversations, I did ask for some background music only to be told it was already on! TV channels, no choice for English speaking guests other than BBC world service and CNN, take a book (why would you want to watch TV...well when the weather is not so good and you have a few hours to kill, you may want to be entertained, I did but BBC world service is dreadful). Rooms are bland.
The ugly, I am afraid whoever designed this hotel has tried a modern take on traditional Alpine architecture and for me it does not work, bit disappointed when I reached the hotel as it is not that attractive, and who's idea was it to paint it pink? It's just wrong. No doubt someone will say it's to do with being noticed, or to be that little bit different...but not for me.
I would recommend the hotel, but could not call the best hotel I have stayed in, I would compare it (rooms and furnishing wise) to a Premiere Travel Inn in the UK, food wise a good quality restaurant, but the best thing of all is the staff, could not go on about them too much. Would I go back to the Eden, no I wouldn't but only because it is not traditional enough for me, and Seefeld (for a summer break) does not have enough to occupy me for more than a few days. If you are going there, you will have a good time, go to the Leutasch valley, loads of walks listed, hire a bike from World Sport (bus drops you off right outside) the valley is beautiful.
One other walk is the one to Mosern (two routes 2 and 4 take the one with wheelchair sign if you want a flatter walk but both are easy enough) and go to Mosern See for lunch, wonderful. Go see the Mosern peace bell, the view over the Inn valley is breathtaking.
There is a cable railway to the mountains overlooking Seefeld is a bit pricey (about £15 each), be sure of which one you want to pay for or if fit enough walk up, but once up the top make sure you have your camera, the Apfel Strudle was the best we had on this trip, grab a deck chair and sun bathe...its free. Take a walk around the lake in Seefeld, will take you no more than an hour, stop at the cafe for coffee and just let the world go by. Austria is delightful and this corner is well worth the visit, if only for a few days, no idea what it's like in the winter, but my guess it's much more a winter resort than a summer one.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank burnig
Reviewed 16 June 2008

A delightful modern hotel with so many facililities its difficult to decide what to do next!

We stayed here for a 4 day skiing break, having visited Seefeld the year previous. We booked return transfers from the airport via the hotel, which worked perfectly. There are numerous ski hire and ski school shops in the immediate vicinity, as this hotel is located just off the main street of the town.

Firstly, I should say that the accommodation in Seefeld is generally not luxurious - except for this hotel! We booked a 'standard room plus' which was a very large room with seating area and balcony over looking the mountains/slopes. Good bed, nice bathroom, free internet connection in the room, clean and fresh.

The spa is amazing - they have a combined indoor/outdoor pool, which is heated most of the year - what an experience to swim outside when its snowing, overlooking the ski slope! The sauna, steam room and spa facilities are very contemporary. Little touches like free green tea etc in this area are wonderful. However, they are not keen on people wearing swimming costumes in the steam/sauna area - you have to wear a towel - but this goes for most hotels in this region. Obviously, a costume for swimming is fine!

Now, onto the food - this is al a carte all the way, combined with a chic dining room and excellent (but funny) waiters who remember you each evening - my husband and I were tickled pink by the way the plates arrived with a silver platter cover to your table, and the waiters loved the drama of uncovering the dishes for you - in a 'ta daaaa' way each evening!

We will be returning here - tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 June 2008

Stayed on a half board one week break at this superb hotel with Inghams Travel. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
Food was superb (both breakfast and dinner) although the packed lunches provided were small but adequate. Rooms were clean and comfortable with maid sevrice and clean towels every day. The location is ideal - a three minute walk to the centre of town, but on a quiet road - also most of the excursions start in the car park opposite the hotel. The facilities of the spa are good - 2 saunas, steam room, jacuzzi, solarium, pool (heated) and a small gym - extra treatments like massages are available at extra cost. Staff are all very friendly. Only one negative - the cost of wines and other drinks are quite pricey.
We got out and about - Munich, Neuschwanstein Castle and Innsbruck are worth a visit - don't bother with Lake Achensee - very little to do there.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank thewhitefamily24
Reviewed 10 May 2008

I selected Hotel Eden based on reviews from this site, so I figured I'd write one too. I, my wife, and our 9 year old son had a wonderful time. Very central location, right across from the bus stop, which isn't a bad thing as it gives easy access to the various ski areas. The restaurant was quite good, not overly heavy, but still a continental style. The indoor/outdoor pool was a big hit, warm enough for a very relaxing dip any time of day. The spa was nice, but you should not expect a spa/resort setting. Rooms seemed well appointed, and the descriptions on the hotel website were quite accurate. The hotel bar is quite nice and seems to be a gathering place for the ski-school instructors after work. In summary, my next trip to Seefeld will be to the Hotel Eden.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family