Le Moulin du Chateau
US$83
US$80
Good 3.5/5
Le Mas de La Cremaillere(Greoux les Bains)
US$204
US$89
US$87
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Restaurant La Fontaine(Saint-Martin-de-Bromes)
Very Good 4/5
La Bastide du Calalou(Moissac-Bellevue)
Auberge des Salles(Les-Salles-sur-Verdon)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Sainte Anne(Les-Salles-sur-Verdon)
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Le Verdon(Greoux les Bains)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbeautiful hotelstunning settingbase to explorecomfortable bedssmall villagegorgechateaudu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed for 6 nights in this heavenly spot and were reluctant to leave. Everything was just perfect, location, comfort, food and very nice hosts. The surrounding scenery is awe- inspiring. We had our two dogs with us and they loved it too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

A good base to enjoy the amazing Verdon Gorge from. Run by a very much hands on ex headmaster type, we enjoyed breakfast in the garden and simple evening meals in the nearby village cafe.
Would highly recommend driving the Rte des Cretes on the northern side of the Verdon Gorge for great viewpoints ( it has to be done clockwise ).Also plenty of places to hire canoes, boats or pedaloes near the bridge at the western end of the Gorge.In one hour you can go up into the gorge to a waterfall, have a swim and return.The water is an amazing colour and was surprisingly warm in June.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M.R.Carr
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We found Le Moulin by chance, and stayed four nights. It is charming, located in the middle of lovely country, expertly run by owners who know just how to be attentive but unobtrusive, and who speak excellent English. The food is delicious, breakfasts on the terrace, dinner available most nights. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: room 5 has a sitting room as well as bedroom. It is first floor in the main house. There are other nice rooms on the ground floor in adjoining range of rooms. The hotel is not large, so book ahead
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We loved the place. Stayed 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. The owners are a very friendly couple, speak great English and are a great source of information about the region. They helped us plan our tours in the region; find the best markets, and the best restaurants.
We were there in mid April and had nice days but couldn't use the beautiful garden - it was still cold to site outside. The breakfast is very good and had a dinner as well. The owners cooks and it was perfect. I surly recommend this place if you like to see the real Provance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for some time. I stayed at Le Moulin du Chateau in October 2010 for two nights (don't look at the Feb 2011 I had to pick for the review....wouldn't let me go back to October 2010). This was a region of France we'd not visited before and it seemed like a good place to explore the Verdon region. Our room was very cute and was well appointed. My favourite thing though was the food. We had dinner at the hotel both nights (something I almost NEVER do because it seems like a bit of a lame thing to do) and the food was just so simply delicious. It was regional, simply prepared and was completely wonderful. I loved having breakfast outside in the garden and I thought the common areas on the main floor of the hotel were so charming. I was happy to tuck home a couple of bottles of the excellent local olive oil into my bag to bring home. If you are interested in exploring this beautiful region of France (which I also recommend - we checked out Moustiers-Ste-Marie, Riez, Ste-Croix, etc.) this is a fabulous place to call home for a couple of days.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple