Landidyll Hotel Albtalblick
Portens Hotel Fernblick(Hoechenschwand)
Dom Hotel(Sankt Blasien)
Hotel Klosterhof(Sankt Blasien)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolnice roomstayed hereblack forestsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My friend and I stayed here for an overnight visit and I would recommend this place to anyone considering coming to this location. 2 minutes from St Blasien and close to all the region has to offer. The rooms were very clean and had comfortable beds and bathrooms although these are on the small side in the original part of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and overall it's very good value for money about 70 euros for a night including breakfast. The style is typical mountain region and the staff a very friendly and helpful they have a spa, and pool and can also provide massage services and beauty therapies at very reasonable prices, 30 minute massage about 33 euros. Stay here if your in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2012

a short vacation was a real relaxing experience . Very, very friendly housekeeper, an helpful staff, nice room, quiet, splendid views and a snowy -disney-outside world! The food was also very fresh and well prepared with love for a honest kitchen!

Room Tip: choose the comfort rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marleen1949
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Probably the best place in the world to stay for vacation. Feels like home with best friends.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

After a few days in the Black Forest area with rather ho-hum hotels, my husband and I were enchanted by the charms of this hotel. We got the last room, one of the most expensive, and are so glad we did! The room was absolutely beautiful, the balcony offered an amazing view, and the beds were incredibly comfortable.

Besides the lovey rooms and views, the hotel offers an excellent spa experience, with an indoor pool with outdoor views. We did not stay long enough to take advatage of all of the amenities in the pool area, but I would love to return with more time to try everything out!

Even better was the level of food and service at the restaurant. I agree with others that the dinner service far outshone the breakfast service, but dinner is more formal and important than breakfast in most cases. My trout was boned at the table side by our very pleasant and professional waitress, and the accompanying "Beilage" , bread, and wine were all excellent value. The menu offered a wide range of dishes and prices, and the inexpensive local white wine I ordered was very flavorful and an excellent value as well. Breakfast offered an amazing range of meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, and every possible cereal & muesli combination--although I have to agree with another reviewer that service was not as good at breakfast.

We liked the hotel so much that we wrote about it to friends by email--and they stopped there the next week while on vacation in the area--and they found it every bit as good an experience.I am really surprised that this hotel did not score five stars. It must be that the unrenovated rooms are not as delightful as the gorgeous room we enjoyed so much.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlobePedaler
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Well we did not enjoy our stay much. It is on the main road very loud and far from the main attractions! Some areas are really old & smell.
But the spa area is amazing.
But all in all wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple