“Great apartment”

Anna Plakias Apartments
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A great apartment in a superb location. Had a amazing holiday with my wise and kids. Definitely we will be back. Thanks for everything

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dimitris D

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I loved this place. We were a couple of guys and the beaches were awsome! The apartment was great and clean and so close to everything. Cannot wait to go on vacation again maybe even go back to Plakis..if I do this is where I will book. !!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank James L
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I choose The Anna Plakias Apartments because I needed some nice, quiet friendly and central place to work on my book. That was excellent choice!Yiannis Polychronakis Family (Anna, Stavros, Yiannis and Orestis) helped me here in all. They took over my transportation from Chania airport to Plakias and Yiannis was always around to help me in every little thing. The cleaning service was excellent and Sophia (the cleaner) sometimes helped me even cook my lunch. My apartment was ideal for stay writing but also for enjoy and relax. shopping, beach and seafront tavernas and pubs in 500m easy walk

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Jon L
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the beautiful house, part of Anna Plakias appartments and studios, for a week in August 2011. We had a really pleasant time. First, the house is well situated in Plakias which is a nice, small town, ideal for exploring southern Crete, and indeed even for going to Rethymnon in the north. The house is independent of the appartments, and only a short walk from the seafront with its shops, tavernas, small harbour and beach. The house is modern, clean, very well-designed and equipped, and beautifully decorated by the owners, with lots of personal touches. You feel you're living a family's house, not in some run-of-the-mill, anonymous accommodation. The kitchen is modern, located next to a comfortable living area which opens onto a very pleasant patio with a small, private swimming pool and comfortable loungers. There's also a modern shower room on the ground floor. Upstairs on the first floor is a large double bedroom with a separate modern bathroom and a small balcony with a nice view. On the next floor(!) there's a huge roof terrace from which you can see the sea, and especially the mountains, gorges and villages just to the north. We found this terrace a perfect spot for an evening drink as the sun set! The house has airconditioning which you can use if you want for a small extra charge. We were able to park next to the house. A small road passes in front of the property, but it was very quiet. So, a great place to stay if you want something out of the ordinary. We found the price reasonable too for the quality. The cherry on the cake was the welcome we received from the owners (Anna, Stavros and their son Giannis) who went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. We hope we'll be able to return soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RojPlakiasCrete
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night as we were moving to the sister accomodation Anna boutique villa the next day (it was occupied till then, see separate review), and Yiannis kindly offered this apartment to us as our flight/ dates could not be amended as we were attending a wedding In Agia Galini. We would have been happy staying here for the week! It was very homely and comfortable, with everything you need.
I had been in Plakias for the day about 8 years ago and I wasn't that impressed, but on my return I was pleasantly impressed by how it has grown, and I would say is a lovely resort now. The house itself is 5 minutes walk to the front street and beach on a back street which means it is relatively quiet. The views from the roof terrace are fantastic. There is parking too next to the apartment if you have a hire car. There are adequate bars/ tavernas/ shops to keep everyone happy, and I would certainly make use of these again.

The only down side of our stay here was that the wind ( meltemi) was howling all night, and because of the location of the building it sounded like the house was in a bit of a hurricane! Earplugs a neccessity I would say at his time of year as the winds can be really strong!

Again thanks to Yiannis and Stavros for making our holiday an excellent one,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Neilliv
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Plakias on the South coast of Crete is wonderful holiday destination, great beaches, superb walking in the area and big selection of friendly family owned tavernas. In Plakias Anna Appartments are without question the best studio appartments, spotlessly clean and ideally located for beaches and tavernas - highly reccommended. Peter, England

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peterlikeswalking
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed here with a few of my friends and the place is modern and clean and beautiful. It's location is in proximity to multiple beaches so u have options and it is very close to a small town with lounges restaurants all along the coast. This is definatley a place I would return to in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple