“Contempory and stylish”

Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Plakias
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent food and house wine. Daily specials that really lasted for just one day. Good Trad greek cooking plus some nice modern twists. Our favourite place to eat in Plakias. Only down side not a very good view but the terrace is very nicely decorated with candles , flowers and herbs.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Seldom do I frequent the same taverna every evening for a month, but I do so at the Medusa in the back street of Plakias.

I have done that for four weeks, twice a year for 14 of the last 17 years I have visited Crete, my favourite Greek Island.

Having tried most of the other tavernas in Plakias, I discovered that the best food, cooking and warmth of greeting was there and that opinion comes from me, a retired newspaper journalist who for two years was a "dining out" restaurant critic.

I would recommend the speciality dishes at other tavernas in the village, but the Medusa has it overall.

It has a most acceptable regular menu and every evening there is a dish of the day, a Cretan speciality, cooked to perfection and announced on the entrance blackboard.

I had the privilege to go into the kitchen the other evening. It was spotlessly clean.

This year, they have transformed the traditional local-style furnishing into a jaw dropping up market diner of glistening white candle-lit grandeur, all I might add, without increasing the prices. It is gorgeous, quite unique in this village.

You just have to go and see it.

2  Thank Revolrexob
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were staying at the studios connected to the taverna, and ate here 3 times, each meal was superb! Wonderful atmosphere, you can tell they put a lot of time into the design of everything! Nikos was a great host and we are looking forward to going back again in August!

2  Thank Cynthia B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Believe the hype! Best food we found in plakias. Contemporary decor, very stylish with linen table clothes and heavy water tumblers plus majolica type bread baskets etc. excellent food. More a classy restaurant serving Greek food than a conventional taverna. A must try.

2  Thank bob3747
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband found a review for Medusa & as we were only in Plakias overnight thought we should try it & I'm so glad we did. It is behind the main street but we'll worth looking for. It is beautifully designed & furnished & the family give you a very warm welcome.
We had a couple of mixed starters & a carafe of lovely local wine, my husband had the special of the day which was a dish of beef & beans in tomato sauce & he said it was cooked perfectly, I had the best Mousaka that I have ever had it was just delicious. We opted out of having a desert because as usual in Crete a carafe of rail & sweets were brought out. If in Plakias you really must try Medusa.

2  Thank kittymummy