“Xenon is the sparkle in the Jewel of Nafplion!”
Review of Xenon Inn

Xenon Inn
Ranked #17 of 49 Nafplio B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Xenon is the sparkle in the Jewel of Nafplion!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is my third tour with Key Tours after discovering they visit Nafplion. Nafplion is so spectacular, each visit I try to extend my stay. This year I wanted a 4 night layover in Nafplion but was only able to do 3 nights because another tour was not returning through Nafplion to pick us (myself & 2 friends) on the 5th day which is how it works. Our travel dates were June 30-July 3 & I had requested & received confirmation on the Ippoliti Hotel as the Hotel of my choice January 6 which is how I roll - book early! I love the Ippoliti Hotel so was quite dismayed & upset when I was told we were staying at the Xenon Hotel in Nafplion instead (sister hotel to IP). Our tour guide, Helen (I think that was her name) tried as she might to straighten things out but apparently IP only has 3 rooms for triple accommodations & they were all booked before me, so good for those folks! We therefore were directed to Xenon & discovered no lift, however there was someone to lug our heavy travel bags up the stairs for us & Maria, the manager I presume at the hotel, was more gracious & service oriented than I could ever desire, making sure we were comfortable & had a HUGE TV placed in our room, though we certainly didn't require one! It ended up we had an enormous room for the 3 of us (one double & a couch bed - we made it work), with a enormous bathroom, balcony overlooking the square (Rm 102), and even a workable kitchen if we chose to use it! Downside is no pool but we could walk over & use the IP one if we like & it just so happen that something was wrong with their phone system & we had to walk over to IP to use theirs for calling the USA with our phone cards BUT workmen were on site when we were getting ready to leave to fix this concern. Though the square can be lively & loud at night with concerts & lots of activity, the upside is there is always something to watch right outside your balcony at any time of the day, so I look at it as a plus! Views of Palamidi & the clocktower are always present from Rm 102 also. Breakfast was a real special event when we each ordered our pressed coffee, divine yogurt topped with toasted walnuts & a beautiful fruit tray although there are many other choices available. Helen our tour guide to Nafplion has been doing so for 40 years & she is a hoot (very entertaining) though not as easily to understand as Christina who was our guide from Nafplion & excellent in explanation & speaking English flawlessly. This tour makes getting to/from Nafplion easy when I am with a group of girlfriends plus it takes in both must see sights at Epidaurus & Mycenae including interesting stops at the Corinth Canal, for lunch on return, & a reproduction shop with informative demonstrations in pottery. I look forward to booking with Key Tours again if I am lucky enough to return to Nafplion for a 4th visit...but somehow will try to work out a 4 night stay if at all possible. Nafplion is a JEWEL - don't miss it! Btw, I originally thought the hotel was spelled Zenon but I was wrong (sorry!), it's Xenon! My apologies! Enjoy the photos, I couldn't stop taking them at Zenon & Nafplion! Btw, Ippoliti is always available for additional help.

Room Tip: Room 102 has a balcony right over the square & can accommodate 4 with the double bed & pull...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CGodez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Athens
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have decided with my wife to get married in Nafplio and we have chosen Xenion as our base for us and our families.
So we have booked for almost 5 days, 3 rooms.
The suite, the room with the terrace and one more.
As a just married couple we have chosen to stay in the suite.
The room was clean and spacious and really comfortable.
The suite is the biggest room of the hotel and I would really advise it to anyone who needs space!
The stuff was really helpful and the personal interest of the owner (Periklis) was amazing.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone that seeks for luxury comfort, good service and peaceful stay in a place

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Papercut_GR
Sydney
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Xenon overnight. Can't praise the service enough, Demitri not only showed us the room for our approval but gave us a short historical tour around Nafplio. The room was very comfortable, quiet but right on a main plaza which was so busy and fun. The location couldn't be better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjrmaz6sydney
Bath
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is absolutely the best place to stay in Nafplio - beautiful room and bathroom - sparkling clean and very stylish. The owner and staff could not have been more welcoming and everything was done to ensure our stay was a happy one. Breakfast was wonderful, in both presentation and content. We ate it outside at the hotel's cafe, on Syndagma Square. We took the advice of a former Tripadvisor reviewer and booked room 106. It had a large furnished terrace - an ideal place to watch the comings and goings in the Square below and to enjoy the lights of the castle at night. All this for 85 euros per night, including breakfast, and none of those long banks of steps to climb with your suitcases (though, if you arrive by car, you may have to trundle them across the Square). We had a peep at the slightly more expensive suite, which was a very large and equally stylish room. But it had a small balcony, not the spacious terrace that our rather smaller room had. We will return.

Room Tip: Do go for room 106 - but not when we are trying to book it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara049
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at Xenon Inn for 3 nights in October in Room 106, which was exactly what we wanted !

Clean, nice room, bathtub and a very large veranda with furniture overlooking Syntagma Square.

The breakfast was served at their coffee place downstairs and was very good.

The owner/manager and all the staff we meet were very friendly and always asking us how is our stay and if we need anything else. I also appreciated that my request to keep a nice table downstairs on a evening night to watch a football game was fully accomplished.

What we paid per night we considered to be value for money.

It was a memorable experience and we will always remember it, thank you Xenon Inn ! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Misfits7
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This small hotel was amazing. The room was incredible with a large balcony that overlooked the square. The bathroom was updated beautifully with a jacuzzi tub, For being historic the decor was modern, elegant, and graceful. I believe this was the only room that has the large balcony but well worth it. The breakfast that was included was served under the full canopy cafe in the square (anything we wanted was included). The only issue may be parking--since we were there during shoulder season it wasn't too much of an issue to find street parking nearby but during high season could be an issue. The owner/manager were very friendly and the restaurant waitstaff were helpful and efficient. I really can't say enough good things about this place and hope to visit again sometime.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the room with the large patio overlooking the square. The rock wall in the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne707
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice room with balcony overlooking the town square. I loved this but note you will get the hubbub of the town until very late. Not a problem for me, I slept with the doors open, but something to be aware of.

The woman who runs the hotel is really nice. Breakfast is from the bar restaurant of the same name below. To be honest, the restaurant is probably typical of those on tourist town squares the world over - very average food and service - but it's certainly an ideal spot to pass a relaxing day with a drink.

Overall, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013