Boherna Lodge B&B
US$116
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnight stayb bher husbandstayed one nightrobertholycrosstipperarypubirelandhostessbreakfasttv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I recently spent a very enjoyable two nights bed and breakfast at Boherna Lodge. The hosts couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and I was more than pleased with my bedroom. I attended some dog shows and visited the surrounding countryside during my visit. My only regret is that I couldn't have stayed longer

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MoiraGirvan
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We chose this bed and breakfast on the strength of good tripadvisor reviews. It is in a beautiful location near Holy Cross Abbey. The woman running it was friendly and accommodating, but I'm sorry to say that overall it did not live up to previous reviews. Our bathroom was very small, and the shower didn't work properly. A working shower is a fairly necessary feature when you are travelling. The breakfast was disappointing, and the coffee much too weak. The rooms, bathrooms in particular, are in immediate need of an updating. The mystery is that it wouldn't take much to transform this operation into something worthy of the earlier reviews.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Holmquist
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The hosting family was very kind, cooked excellent breakfasts, and they accommodating considering we brought with us our 2 year old daughter.

All was very pleasant, highly recommend.

God bless you both Anna and Robert.

Paddy, Gabi & Anna

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gagagaba
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We spent seven wonderful nights at the Boherna Lodge, from where we ventured to nearby areas to tour castles, an Abbey, Cathedral, and other beautiful historical sites. We also attended several Hurling matches, which were the highlight of our trip. Anna and Robert Stakelum were by far the most gracious and accommodating B & B hosts we have encountered in all of our traveling in Ireland or elsewhere. Our room and private bath were more than satisfactory. The full Irish breakfasts were especially delicious, and we still miss Anna's homemade fruit scones. Thank you, Anna, for sharing your recipe!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DChurchSouthJordan
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I've never met anyone nicer than Anna and Robert! They are both Angels and I had the best time I've ever had. I recommend this Bed and Breakfast to all!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends