“Fabulous Food Experience”

Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Thurles
Price range: US$33 - US$56
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Inch House restaurant is set in a Georgian house dated 1720. The restaurant is operating for just over 20 years and is a unique experience. It is renowned for its welcome, service and use of top quality local and Irish food.
Wicklow, Ireland
“Fabulous Food Experience”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at Inch house for an anniversary in June as part of a road trip. The drive up to the house with corn fields on either side is fantastic as was the welcome we got. It is a really nice place to spend some quite time in the mists of a working farm.
Our room was very comfy with a fantastic four poster bed.
But the highlight here is the food, be it dinner or breakfast it is an absolutely must to eat here! Good selection of wines and drinks also.
Inch house make there own Black and white puddings which are the tastiest I have ever had.
As with any place I stay the biggest impression that stays with me is the staff, and the staff and owners make you feel so welcome at Inch house, it’s like you are part of the family.
We had a great stay, an excellent dinner, and a breakfast that was so good I can’t even describe it!
We will be back again.

• Visited June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nenagh
“Great meal”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate for the first time here tonight and we were both very impressed with the food and service.
It was delightful from start to finish, fab food and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. I don't remember the server's name but she fixed my macchiato just how I like it without any fuss! It's hard to find staff like this but it's what keeps a restaurant in business, it maybe be a little thing but I really appreciated it!
We will both be back!

“Top notch food.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Had a beautiful meal here at the weekend. It was a horrible night out but we got the most warm reception on arrival. And the service right throughout the evening was extremely friendly. There were a variety of meals served to our table over the night and all were well presented and of a very high standard. My one and only gripe was with the Creme Brulle which I felt was a little under-set. It was still delicious though! We will be back.

Visited January 2014
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Fantastic food a little gem !!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I didn't stay here over night but did have early bird dinner and it was just fantastic. Their own black pudding in my starter with sweet potatoes waste best black pudding ever. I gather too it can be purchased locally so buy for sure !! I had a medium rare steak and was well pleased but could have had any of the main courses served to our party. The garlic spuds were delish!! Everyone was very happy and very full after their mains. But we did have to sample dessert and dessert selection was excellent and my bread and butter pudding was full of flavour. I was driving so no wine but the wine by the glass was good and reasonable. Very attentive staff who were very busy as large party of 24 there and few tables turned over during evening but the service was spot on. I got to see three of bedrooms as they were bathrooms on the evening I dined and each was spotless and very comfortable and I would have loved a nightcap in the warm cosy bar and bed! If I had any criticism it was the dining room was a bit cool and I wasn't dressed warm enough. The staff are most professional , speedy and good humoured. A little gem and we will return again . soon.