“Honest Italian food at good prices”

Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Enniscorthy
Price range: US$31 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: My dream was to create a place where my guests could feel comfortable, as if they were in "my" Italy, so vital, warm and colourful. I made my dream come true in my restaurant in Wexford, where guests, friends and staff are like part of my family. Time is the most precious asset. My aim is to provide moments of indulgence, cordial reception and amusement."
Reviewed 19 July 2014

According to Paulo Tulio this is the most authentic Italian restaurant in Ireland. I was surprised then to be welcomed by the sounds of Dean Martin singing That's Amore whilst we were seated under a poster of Robert DeNiro in some mafia movie or another. Continuing the authentic Italian theme I spotted a traditional English Banoffee on the desert menu. I also spotted a note by the chef asking patrons not to insult him by asking for changes to the food on the menu as it would be insulting his momma or something along those lines - so I guess that is where the authentic part comes in.

The food was great. The Petto di Pollo alla Zingara I had was really well flavoured, had lots of fresh garlic and peppers, and was accompanied by perfectly roasted potatoes. The atmosphere was good, the staff were friendly, and service was fast and efficient. Highly recommended.

The only complaint is that they don't take plastic so a long walk around a very dead Enniscorthy looking for an ATM that wasn't itself dead (the first two were out of order) allowed us to build up a nice appetite.

Paolo F, Owner at Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Rory
I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable evening out at Via Veneto.
We create new dishes for our special offer menu all the time and I hope we can welcome you back so that you can enjoy more of our cuisine.
I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards

Paolo Fresilli

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The food here is authentic Italian and is superb. The service unfortunately is a bit hit and miss. On arrival it can take time to even see a menu and you have to ask for a drink and/or the wine list as neither are offered on arrival. A number of items were off the menu the evening we were there which limited the choice. They also weren't accepting credit cards which posed problems for some people.
While the food would bring me back here they need to improve the overall customer experience.

1  Thank Michael M
Paolo F, Owner at Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had dinner in Via Veneto tonight. Great experience! Food was fab. I had the fish of the day (hake) which was done with a herb crust. It was delicious. My husband had the mussels to start and a pizza for mains, both of which he thoroughly enjoyed. We both managed to fit in the creme brulee for desert which was srumptious!! The restaurant is a lovely space with a great ambience. I highly recommend it. We will be back!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We have to this restaurant on several occasions and again we were very happy with food. The italian feel of the place is lovely. When you see ilalians eating in an Italian restaurant its a good sign the owner paulo and his wife diana are so welcoming. We are so lucky to have such a good italian so near us and very good value .we recommend it highly.

1  Thank magsmae22222
Paolo F, Owner at Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a meal with friends last Saturday food atmosphere and service amazing plus they are doing an amazing deal when you book online June offer 3 course for 2 €30 I have never come across food of this standard on such an offer definitely will be returning thanks via vento

Paolo F, Manager at Via Veneto Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for sending us a review, we appreciate very much that you'd like. We hope see you again soon best regards Paolo