“Excellent scrambled egg!”

The Bailey Cafe Bar
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Enniscorthy
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Everyday our goal is to bring you great Irish food in a warm and relaxed setting, while receiving excellent service by our experienced and friendly staff. We have a number of dining options available throughout the day to suit your needs and also have a selection of private function rooms available for your special occasions.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I like the Bailey. They serve a really good breakfast. The scrambled egg with bacon, toast and coffee is a treat. The lunch menu is extensive. You can have a full lunch or a panini etc. Staff are excellent. Attentive but not intrusive. If anyone wants to buy me breakfast -bring me to The Bailey. ! And now I'm doing line dancing upstairs!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Nice warm pub for travellers. Clean, with great meals and the Smithwicks was nice and cold. Food service was fast too, and they were quite busy.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We noticed The Bailey on our way home from Wexford and decided to check it out for dinner.

I parked in the large, free, car park while my wife went in to check out the gluten-free options. The barman explained they had a large selection available and we chose to dine there.

Parking in the car park at the back meant we had to go up two flights of stairs to the bar area but that was ok. The waitress came over and explained the specials and then I told her my wife was a Coeliac. Shortly after we were approached by the manager/boss and he introduced the menu to us. He really knew what he was talking about and went through everything with us. This makes a charge as we have had some very bad experiences previously.

My wife opted for the stuffed chicken (not with bread stuffing, but mushrooms and onions), in a mushroom sauce, with oven roasted vegetables. I had a a mixed grill, while the rest of the party had a small carbonara, another stuffed chicken, and a baby bowl. While the carbonara was "small", we found it large, and my daughter could not finish it. I had to help....

Add in two glasses of wine, soft drinks and coffee, the bill came to 60 euro for 5 people. The portions were large and the quality was excellent.

Staff were friendly but not pushy and all in all, its was an excellent meal.

We will definately return again.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have eaten in The Bailey Bar three times in the past few weeks and as a "Good Pub Grub" kind of place I have found it to be very good each time.
On my last visit I had filo prawns to start and they were delicious. For main I had a 10 oz sirloin steak which was cooked just as I like it, and what's more, the service was exceptionally fast.
There were four of us, and when we sat down and had a few minutes to look at the menu, our waitress came to take our order and we were all impressed when she did not need to write anything down but just remembered our starters and main orders, and she got them RIGHT!
Our starters arrived within ten minutes, and our main meals arrived within another ten minutes of our plates being cleared from the table.
In general I would highly recommend that you check this place out as they have a decent menu at a decent price and very good service and very convenient car parking at the back.
Just remember to take your receipt with you as you'll need to get the code (at the bottom) for the barrier in the car park!

6  Thank Fireballs
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Very good pub restaurant on the way to the ferry.
if you are looking for irish good quality food, that is the place