“poor value”

The Bailey Cafe Bar
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Enniscorthy
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Everyday our goal is to bring you great Irish food in a warm and relaxed setting, while receiving excellent service by our experienced and friendly staff. We have a number of dining options available throughout the day to suit your needs and also have a selection of private function rooms available for your special occasions.
“poor value”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Gluten free soup no bread and poor attitude from manager when asked if he could stock it.Not enough customers to warrent serving it he sharply informed me.When I asked politely if the soup would be cheaper no reduction in price of soup the soup is the price it is full stop.Would'nt mind if the portion was decent also not even tasty. Waste of money for €4 20.Need to treat customers a bit better.Have not found a problem in other restraunts.how can they manage gluten free bread,

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Wexford, Ireland
“good food at good prices”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

if you are in Enniscorthy, this place is grand for a good meal at a fair price. staff are sound and the beer is always nice too. some times you can get 3 pints for a tenner. close to town centre will plenty of parking.

• Visited December 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Walked in and straight out”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Floor filthy looked as though it had never seen a mop. Milk on table in jug urge full of germs. Whole place looked minging

Visited November 2013
“Left me feeling "Meh"”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Dined here last Sunday and I was left feeling "Meh".

Once you entered the dining area and seat yourself the waiting staff arrive at your table with menu and will advise you of the specials. Once they leave you to decide what you want to order you are bombarded by a different staff member every 30/45 seconds asking you if your ready to order.

Luckily for me I can decide quick but the diners next to me gave up after the 5th visit from the waiting staff and just ordered under pressure. They said to the waitress we've been asked 4 times already and were still deciding, to the waitress abrupt response "that's what we are here for, to take orders", in other words just order!.

I can't understand why your waiting staff can't work in one area/section and allow them to be reasonable for a customer from beginning to end?

In total I had 5 of your staff deal with me.

One waitress handed me the menu
Different waitress taking my order
Different waitress serving my order
Different waitress clearing my plates
And finally a different waitress taking my payment.

I felt no personal touch to your service!

Food was just an OK, would I dine here again, maybe, just to see if your staff have more control of one area!

“Excellent scrambled egg!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I like the Bailey. They serve a really good breakfast. The scrambled egg with bacon, toast and coffee is a treat. The lunch menu is extensive. You can have a full lunch or a panini etc. Staff are excellent. Attentive but not intrusive. If anyone wants to buy me breakfast -bring me to The Bailey. ! And now I'm doing line dancing upstairs!

Visited September 2013