“Nice Athmosphere - Expensive & Average”
Review of Galo Chargrill

Galo Chargrill
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Enniscorthy
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Athmosphere - Expensive & Average”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Booked for New Years Eve, set menu on offer.
My partner and I choose the Garlic Mushrooms and Garlic Bread for starters and Chicken Pasta for our main courses.
The garlic mushrooms were ok, nothing special, garlic bread soggy and wet. Our Pasta main course was stodgy and lacked flavour..... very disappointing experience. The waiter choose our wine as requested but at €35 was expensive....lesson learned always ask the price first.
The overall experience was considered very poor value, pity as the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, the staff are very friendly however the food was not up to expectations

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Charming Decor, Delicious Food”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my first experience in a Portuguese restaurant and we loved it. I was visiting my sister-in-law who lives in Enniscorthy and was traveling with my husband and two daughters. We went on a Tuesday night and it was not busy. Although the service seemed a bit slow, we found that most restaurants in Ireland take their time serving and are not in a rush as they seem to be in America. All five of us loved what we ordered. I ordered Salmon, as usual, and it was the best I had on my trip so far. The atmosphere is very charming and warm. There are interesting things for sale and naturally, my daughter spotted a piece of pottery that she had to buy. I was happy she found a souvenir while we had dinner and I did not have to do more shopping the next day!
We really enjoyed our dinner here, it was the best one we had in Enniscorthy while staying there.

• Visited November 2013
Wexford, Ireland
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

First time eating here and its only down the road from me. Wish I had gone sooner. Good food and good service. Not overly expensive either, will be back very soon. Try the chicken roti, very tasty and filling.

Dublin, Ireland
“Bad Value, Small Portions, Not Worth It.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As the title says. Very overpriced, small portions, very average service and just an all-round bad experience. I would not recommend it to be honest and I could not understand why it was so busy, it must be that there is a lack of choice in this part of Wexford. If this place were in Cork or Dublin it would be closed in a few months.

• Visited October 2013
Athlone, Ireland
“Terrible rude service, average food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Take my advice and never go to this place, you'll be sorry if you do. Rudest staff ever. Took 1.5 hours to be served starters. Service was so bad that it was nearly funny. We were a group of ten and not one of us had ever experienced anything like this anywhere in the world ! After finishing starters 3 of our group were told that their main course was no longer available (fish cakes and sea bream). This was after ordering 1.5 hours prior to this. No wine list, red or white. Aldi's best for €5-6 cost €23. One of our group had to leave because it got so late and had arranged baby sitter. Arrived at 8.30 and finished eating around 12. Really we should have left but beacause we were a big group then persisted with them. Excuse was given that kitchen was busy but place wasn't even full.

• Visited October 2013