“Lovely hotel”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just back from there had a great weekend staff friendly, great food, room lovely couldn't fault it really!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room we did and had no probs!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Trishaharris 123

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or a member of our team as we would be delighted to assist you with any future reservations.

Kind Regards
Sales & marketing manager

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed overnight here last night 11th Feb. Our room was lovely with a view of the river, very comfy bed and nice bathroom with both a bath and a shower. Also complimentary water in our room. We had a few drinks in their bar and it was very nice as they had live entertainment and the staff were all very friendly. The best part of our stay was the breakfast. It was all freshly cooked which is quite rare, most hotels opt for the awful help yourself buffet. We were give a menu and choose what we wanted and it was cooked and delivered fresh to our table. Very impressed with the food it was lovely. They also had a little booklet on the table with the weather forecast for the day ahead and a few tips on where to visit or what was on locally day I thought this was a very nice idea. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sgs67
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear sgs67
Thank you for your kind comments which I have passed on to the team here at the hotel and for posting them onto trip advisor.

I am delighted that you had such a great experience in the hotel and enjoyed the luxurious comforts of our pillow top mattresses as they add a plush softness to the underlying firm mattress and are proving to be a great success in providing an excellent night sleep.

It is the simple things like complimentary water or the booklet on your breakfast table suggesting daily activities which really does make it that bit extra special and we always receive such positive feedback on how unique it is. We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our freshly cooked to order breakfast and our wonderful selection on our buffet table.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to make a reservation in The Riverside Park Hotel.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very Clean, staff were courteous and helpful, and the food was excellent. The chefs must have taken note of a previous review about breakfast because the full Irish was noteworthy because of how nicely it was presented...and not a sign of grease on the plate. I esecially enjoyed the stewed berries available at the breakfast bar.

Beds were comfortable and rooms have the usual..... a kettle for tea/coffee, a safe, hairdryer and for anyone who misses ironing ...there's an iron!

We did have a problem on our first night..it was a matter outside the managers/ staff's control .....but the manager handled it so well and we felt he dealt with it beautifully, leaving us very happy with the Riverside. Things can go wrong anywhere but it's how it's dealt with that makes a difference.

Bottom line is that I would gladly stay there again. They value their guests. It's nice. Oh and do drive into the underground car park ...you can access the hotel from there. It's easier and much shorter than the overground route we took!

We noticed the hotel is very popular with local people and the restaurant gets booked up fast.. If I was travelling with small children and needed to dine early, I would prebook a dining time before arrival. Otherwise you might only get a late sitting which might not suit.

Nice Leisure centre too!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a river view. And try to stay away from the function room area
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear kane-04

On behalf of the management and staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience with others of The Riverside Park Hotel.

It is noteworthy that we have great team members as you pointed out who value our guest’s and do their best to ensure that all our guests have a wonderful experience while staying in the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your valued comments with the team.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with making a reservation.

Sales & marketing manager

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My boyfriend and I attended a wedding reception here over Christmas just gone, and actually booked ourselves in for a second night availing of an excellent special offer. Check in was fast and friendly and the room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and we had everything we needed.
As a wedding venue, I thought the hotel was excellent. Efficient bar staff, I was never waiting more than a moment for friendly service. Tea, coffee, beautiful mini-scones with jam and cream etc, available on arrival - BEAUTIFUL! The wedding banquet was beautiful. The room looked beautiful, very classy and atmospheric. Highly efficient delivery of food to the tables. not much delay between top table and last table receiving their food. Food was hot, beautifully presented, tasty and of excellent quality!
Even the layout of the hotel is perfect. Separate and conveniently located toilets and smoking area for the wedding guests, meaning privacy for the wedding party and no disturbance for non-wedding party guests at the hotel.
A 4 course evening meal on our 2nd evening was included in the package and as such we didn't have very high expectations with regard to menu options or 'frills', but we were pleasantly surprised! On arrival, we were warmly greeted, and seated to find 2 Christmas Crackers awaiting us - what a touch of fun! Next an ample basket of a variety of BEAUTIFUL, in-house baked fresh breads landed on our table while we perused the menu. We had a generous choice for each course, and each course we had was delicious! Then afterwards, we were given warm, freshly baked minced pies with our tea/coffee. what a nice touch and very generous too.
The only weak point during our stay was the breakfast. Poor choice for a 4 star. We had the Full Irish the 1st morning - very poor quality meat. 2nd morning I had the belgian waffles which were served with a strawberry sauce-type-thing. pretty much tasted like tinned strawberries to me. The dish was way to sweet. Breakfast chef needs to sit down and eat the dishes and review their mix. I would love to have had the option of 'eggs benedict' or poached eggs on toasted speciality bread/ english muffin etc.
Overall, a great hotel. Staff are well trained and enjoy their job. It is obvious that they have pride and loyalty for the hotel and this indicates a well respected workforce and an excellent management team.
Actually, I have to say, the house keeping staff were SO excellent!!!! They were so descreet! It is one of very few hotels I have been to where I did not hear them talking and hoovering in the corridor loudly, while trying to enjoy a leisurely lie-in. And even when going down for breakfast etc, we never bumped into anyone!

Room Tip: A higher floor will be further away from any noise from functions happening.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laineyjayne

Dear Laineyjayne

Firstly may I thank you for such a terrific review you posted following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team.

It is great to get such positive feedback from our valued guests not just on their stay but also on our overall exceptional wedding experience we offer. We pride ourselves on being the South East’s premier wedding Venue.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 January 2012

My son and I stayed in this hotel last summer for a couple of days. I found the hotel to be well located in the centre of Enniscorthy beside the River as the name would suggest. We arrived to a lovely welcome from the receptionist who directed us to our (quite spacious) room.

We ate in the Alamo Restaurant both nights of our stay. The menu was varied and the food arrived promptly and was very tasty. They also catered for my very picky son. The atmosphere in the Restaurant was quite relaxed and it is clearly a hit with the locals as it was very busy on the two nights we were there.

Service throughout the hotel from Breakfast, Housekeeping, Reception & the Restaurant was friendly, welcoming and polite. The swimming pool was great for keeping the little man amused as was the playground next door to the hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again on my next visit to Wexford.

Room Tip: Free Wifi in all rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear nicky_the_lady,

May I take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for your glowing review following your stay in the hotel. It was great to read you enjoyed your family getaway and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team and facilities at The Riverside Park Hotel.

It is great to get such positive feedback on the surrounding areas also and should there be a next time you could take advantage of the recently extended Slaney River walk which is proving to be a great success for residents and locals alike.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your little man back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel is ideally situated overlooking the River Slaney and with views down The Promenade (a nice walk to take) and easy access to the somewhat hilly town centre. Covered parking and lifts from the car park to all floors makes for easy access. The rooms are large, with an extra bed, TV, Wi-fi and a modern system of heating which involves an almost silent fan, blowing air constantly over a supply of water controlled at 40 degrees. Takes a bit of getting used to but it does work! The en-suite was excellent - very clean, modern and equipped with discrete lighting at floor level so no need to turn main light on if you need to go in at night. The beds are King size and comfortable with plenty of pillow. TV has most UK channels plus Sky News. Food is provided in the hotel restaurant, The Moorings, or their second restaurant, The Alamo Steak Bar. We prefer The Moorings, which provides an excellent 3 course dinner, will cooked, hot, nicely presented and very generous portions. We have yet to be able to manage a dessert! Residents on meal packages are provided with a similar menu in The Alamo but this restaurant is a bit on the dark side (decor) and, in our opinion, would benefit from a makeover and up-dating. The staff are extremely helpful, polite and efficient - breakfast sets you up for the day! They provide a continental buffet (cold meats, fruit, Irish bread, croissant, Danish, fresh fruit, homemade jams, and a variety of chilled fruit juices), and a full Irish menu. They are also happy to cook any combination off the menu and all breakfasts are cooked freshly.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the front, overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear LeicestershireBrian
I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent break in The Riverside Park Hotel which you deemed to be “The Best Place to stay in Enniscorthy”and that you were impressed by all aspects of your stay from the luxurious accommodation to the first class friendly service and amenities you received . Especially the fitted luxurious pillow top mattresses as they add a plush softness to the underlying firm mattress and are proving to be a great success in providing an excellent night sleep.

I shall pass on your compliments to our Chefs regarding your Dining experience which he will share with his team. For all of our packages inclusive with Dinner all guests are offered an excellent choice of 3 course menu with tea or coffee and of course all our breakfasts are cooked to order with a choice from our renowned buffet too.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to make a reservation.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

The hotel is in a good location close to the town centre and overlooking the river. Our room was well equipped, reasonably spacious, warm and with all mod cons and an up-to-date bathroom. The parking was under the building so very convenient. The staff were very friendly and took care of us well during our stay.

Our only minor complaint was that we stayed at a busy time before Christmas so, although we were on the second floor, the constant thud from the disco music until late at night was annoying and must have been even worse on the first floor. I suspect that such noise is inevitable in most hotels that host functions particularly over the busy Christmas period.

Room Tip: If there are functions, be sure to ask for a room far away from the music!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear KilbroganHouse,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

We are delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff helped to add to your overall enjoyment of your stay. We extend complimentary car parking to all our guests and it certainly is an added advantage of having underground car parking with direct access to the main hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to make any future reservation.

Sales & Marketing manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!