“another great stay in the riverside”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 10 March 2014

stay here regularly and never disappointed, rooms are spotless and very comfy
they do a fab breaky in the morning and the bar is great for a few drinks over the weekends. I would recommend moorings and the almo for dinner. overall another great stay - see u in 3 weeks time for my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear ginolalola

Many thanks for your comments following one of your many stays, I am delighted to read that you enjoy staying with us on a regular basis. Our staff take great pride in everything they do from offering a terrifc breakfast and dinner in both the Alamo Steakhouse and Moorings Restaurant.

I certainly hope to have the pleasure in personally welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife & I stayed in the Riverside park hotel on a Friday night - at check in - the staff were friendly and knowledgeable - room had everything you could want and was very clean.
Dinner in main restaurant - the Moorings was exceptional - especially with with highly trained waiting staff.
Breakfast was one of the best I have had in an hotel for a long time.
I would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CharlesX

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club with your wife. I was delighted to read your comments regarding our staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We really enjoyed our one night stay in Enniscorthy. After visiting the castle we checked into the hotel. Hubby and kids went swimming and I had cappucino in the bar. Good coffee! Originally thought we would go out for dinner but got lazy and dined in the Moorings restaurant at the hotel. The food was excellent and they had half bottles of one of my favourite wines:). Breakfast was lovely too followed by a trip to the 1798 Rebellion Centre. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances1716

Dear Frances1716

Many thanks for your comments following your family’s recent trip to Enniscorthy and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the award winning attractions in the town.

It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests on our food from our renowned Breakfast and dinners in the Moorings.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here on a midweek family break . We ate in the bar one evening and had breakfast both mornings. As a coeliac the GF bar menu and dedicated table/toaster for gf food was appreciated. The bar food was very good,flavoursome,nice sauces,good portions well priced. Wine at fifteen euro a bottle was good value .Service was excellent.The breakfast is cooked to order and offers fish or waffles as well as the usual fare.Leisure centre good and rooms big. Good value for families.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank topcattEire

Dear topcattEire

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club for your recent family break to Co. Wexford. We are delighted to read you were catered for very well as a coeliac in all areas of the hotel. We certainly do offer excellent value from our bar menus to our wines on offer.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed in The Riverside Park Hotel last Thursday and booked two rooms to celebrate my Dad's birthday.
We arrived well before check-in time so it wasn't surprising that the rooms weren't ready but it was no problem to leave the car there & the Reception staff held on to my bag until we came back. The friendly lady on Reception offered to ring us when the rooms were available but we weren't in any hurry, so we headed off to explore Enniscorthy.
The hotel is in a great location-just beside the town but in a tranquil setting. There is a playground right beside the hotel and you can amble along the river.
When we got back, I was really pleased to find that Reception had granted my request of having two rooms beside each other. The rooms (303 & 304) were absolutely fabulous!. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were spotless. In fact, the whole hotel is super clean-they must be proud of their housekeeping team.
Each room had a small balcony and we had a view of the playground & river. There was bottled water available and I thought that this was a nice touch.
My son went to the swimming pool with his Grandad and he had a great time, splashing around in the kid's area. There was a deeper pool, jacuzzi and sauna for the grown-ups..and a fully equipped gym, if you're feeling up to it. Towels were provided at the pool for hotel guests.
Later in the evening, we walked to the town and had an early bird menu in one of the restaurants (these menus were available in all of the restaurants we looked at in the town and all were very good value). We had a drink in the hotel bar when we got back and I was sorry that we didn't just stay & have our dinner there. The food that was brought out looked really nice (big portions!) and they had a good kid's menu. So on our next stay (and we will be back!!), we will definitely try out the food in the hotel.
There was a self-controlled heater in the room, so it was just right when we got back to the room & we had a great sleep. This is not a noisy hotel!
Check-out time wasn't until midday, so we were able to have another walk along the river the next morning. I really enjoyed the stay and I look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 303 was very spacious with a large Double Bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DublinEmzi
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear DublinEmzi

We are delighted to read of your outstanding experience following your stay at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club for such a precious occasion for your Dad’s birthday. it give us such pleasure that you had such a positive experience of the staff and of the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, and I have passed all your comments to our team here in the Hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Cannot fault most of the staff but was very disappointed with the food and aspects of the room. Had room service , breakfast and bar food and all were poor or lacking in some way.. Breakfast was really poor and so bad I left most of it the first morning.. Tried a vegetarian option the second day and that was worse. When asked by the lady who checked me out how my stay was I told her about my experience and the response was "everyone likes the food here " -I responded that was not the way to deal with an issue usually -she pulled a face and dismissed me. Don't think I will be back -there are other places nearby that are glad of the business I was told later by locals.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear hisdocon

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

As you can see from other posts on Tripadvisor your experience was not at all reflective of the usual standards from our food to our service that we have become known for and I apologise if this was not communicated correctly to you by our junior receptionist.

We are all open to our guests feedback, in fact we actively encourage it as it is through the constructive feedback from our guests that it will enable us to maintain our excellent standards.Your comments were discussed at great lengths with the departments involved and will go some way in identifying any areas of weakness that we can work on.

I really appreciate genuine feedback from trip advisor reviews as they help us continue to fulfil our commitment to uncompromising quality and attention to detail in both our service and product delivery.

It is disappointing that your stay was not as positive as we would have liked, I do hope that you will consider returning in the future when I will endeavour that you will have a much more positive experience with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a family wedding. Found the hotel and staff very welcoming and efficient. The meals were outstanding. Used the pool in the spa, which was very nice. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Only small complaint was the shower head was missing in the bathroom, but to be fair I forgot to tell the staff about it. My nephew and his wife had the honeymoon suite, which is a two storey circular tower with 360 degree views. Fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear flynnmo

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive such complimnetary feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed the Riverside Park Hotel Wedding experience along with your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Jim Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!