“MOST CUSTOMER CARING HOTEL”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and myself booked 3 nights to attend a family wedding at the hotel. On arrival we were greeted by a very cheery and helpful receptionist. Our room was spacious, with super king size bed overlooking the river. It was spotless clean. The first evening we dined in the Alahmo steak restaurant. The food - we both had steak which was fantastic both in presentation and flavor. The staff gave just the right amount of attention and we were served promptly and left to our devices rather than having waiters hovering about you. Breakfast is served at the Moorings Restaurant. We were both very grateful for the fact you could order really what you wanted from the menu, instead of having to put up with queues for buffet breakfast which in my experience is usually congealed or not enough of it. Again the quality of the food was superb. I had the best poached egg ever! That night we ate in the Moorings Restaurant and my salmon was melt in the mouth. The quality of the food was of a very high standard. I have never given a 5 star rating before and I would have given this hotel a 4 start but what prompted me was that the day of the wedding I had an allergic reaction to some medication I was taking for a viral infection. The staff were amazing responding to whatever my husband asked - unrequested a package was left outside our room containing water, clean towels, toiletries, etc. They could not have shown more care which was highlighted through our whole stay. My husband was able to bring some breakfast up from the restaurant the next morning and staff enquired about my health. They really all went the extra mile. The attention to detail is profound in the hotel even down to a leaflet at the breakfast table of the day's events and weather. If I had anything I would like to improve there were two things - first my taste in colour did not appreciate the Reception area which was mauve. I felt it was too dark . Secondly the Guest Book needs updating as had minor spelling and grammar errors. But overall we loved the hotel and its ambience. We are definitely going there again, and my husband is going to use it for his business trips. On the wedding side our niece and her husband were absolutely delighted and all our family said it went fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a room on level 3!
1  Thank Jackie T
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Jackie T,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on the Tripadvisor revire site. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team here.

I look forward to inviting you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any wa,y please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We got married here in 2011. The service on the day was second to none! The day went smoothly from start to finish. The bat provided a lovely warm atmosphere for pre dinner drinks, fire and candles were lovely! The bridal suite was the best I've ever seen! Many of the guests got a tour of it the next day Nd were all equally impressed!

• Stayed: October 2013
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive feedback from our past Bride & Grooms, who return as guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us on both occasions.

I look forward to inviting you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've just returned home after staying at the riverside for a whole month. I've not been looked after so well for so long at another hotel for as long as I can remember. What makes this hotel special is not just the stunning design or the location along the river Slaney, but the attention to detail of the staff and the way they all work together as a team. I noticed so many times how they look out for each other and step in to assist as required. Weather the hotel is quiet or packed and very busy. They seem to tick like a clock. Special mention must go to Brenda and Mary on the front desk. Denise and Elaine in the bar, Victoria at breakfast and Katie in the restaurant. There are others I could mention but then this review would become a list. The rooms are comfortable and the food very tasty. My visit was for work and I hope to return within a few months. I'd also love to take my family some day and show them what I discovered in this small Irish town.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear axj20,

Many thanks for your positive comments and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your long term stay. We take great pride in our staff here and they do too in their work & I'm so glad you experienced great service during your stay with us.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back again in the near future so they too can experience the same wonderful services from the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Brenda should you require any assistance in many your reservation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

From check-in to checkout, everything was perfect. Staff, room, breakfast, couldn't fault anything. The bed was the BIGGEST bed I have ever slept in! They are renovating the hotel, but you wouldn't even know,(I was told by someone in the town). Will definitely be back to stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 226. Lovely view.

Dear dougal59,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to inviting you back in the future and perhaps to one of our new rooms which should be completed the end of June and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great hotel, very professional staff. I was impressed. It's not very often I'd be in enniscorthy because let's face it, it's not exactly a great town but in fairness this is a good hotel. You will have a nice time here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Daniel M

Many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We take great pride in our staff here & I'm so glad you experienced great service during your stay.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again to the hotel and the wonderful town of Enniscorthy, offering the award winning Enniscorthy Castle, National 1798 Centre an array of shops and festivals with something for everyone .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed at this wonderful hotel in Enniscorthy several times over the past 2-3 years and each stay is as good as the first ! ... the staff are both friendly and efficient ... the rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean ... the food and drink are second to none ... what more can I say ? !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Gavin W

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor following one of your many recent stays with us at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be sure to pass them on to the great team we have.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Booked in for a show package. D.B&B and Show. The hotel was busy in fact we had to wait for someone to leave the under hotel car park before we could park. The car park is served by a lift which took us up to reception. Although we were a bit early reception was quick in providing us with a room. The room was of good size with a small balcony overlooking the river. Everything was clean and in a good state of repair. The room safe was a little difficult in that it was fitted inside the wardrobe recess. Easy to use but not enough light to read the operating instructions. We were only staying overnight so it did not effect us. One thing I find rather strange although the room had a double and a single bed (one assumes allowing for 3 person capacity) only one chair is provided. My wife considers that if we book a double room she is also entitled to a chair. I must admit I have difficulty in not supporting her opinion. Perhaps the management would reflect on what I am sure is no an intentional affront to the status of wives. Moving on to the evening meal. The quality of the food was excellent. Both of us agree it would be hard to remember a better meal served in a hotel. The show that followed rounded off a very enjoyable day. Breakfast the next morning was equally good. The staff were all very efficient and friendly. In general the hotel appears very well run and on a good weather day in a great location. We look forward to our next visit.

Dear KilkennyPoet,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay to Enniscorthy for one of our numerous concerts. It is extremely encouraging to read that you found our staff efficient & friendly.

We have noted you comment regarding the chair and I can only assume a chair must have been removed from your room as traditionally we accommodate two chairs.

I will be sure to share your kind comments with team regarding the excellent dinner and breakfast you relished. I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Jim Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!