“Riverside Break”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Dublin
“Riverside Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Enjoyed a 3 day break here primarily for golf. Check-in was pleasantly efficient and the room was fine if rather airless and stuffy. No aircon but a portable electric fan was provided which chased the stale air about. There was a safe but no fridge. Bed was comfortable although the duvet was a little heavy for summer use. It was not possible to turn off the bright light under the bathroom sink which was presumably installed as a night light so the bathroom door had to be kept closed at night. Breakfast was very good with a selection of alternatives to the traditional cooked fry-up. The bar area is disappointing being very large and lacking in atmosphere and the beer tasted strangely of soap. We dined in the bistro style Alamo restaurant on one evening and the food was good if a little expensive. Overall a well run hotel with a good family atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Noddy30,

Many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in our staff here & I'm so glad you experienced great service during your stay.

We will take you comments on board and look into them and I certainly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jim Maher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just back from a lovely stay here 2 adults, 1 3 yr old, 2 babies. Found the hotel lovely, great location on a lovely river and 5 mins walk to town. Got 2 interconnecting room at a great rate. Rooms v comfy. Staff were superb probably the best I have seen in hotels. V accommodating and eager to please. Playground next door for kids and lovely pool.
Only downside was internet was poor and was hoping to watch some movies on iPad.
All else was great!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear loser26,

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club for your recent family trip to Co. Wexford. We are delighted you had a positive experience of our wonderful staff and the facilities we have on offer from the pool to the playground beside the hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dundalk, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

When looking for accommodation at the last minute, you sometimes have to take what you get and we were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up outside the Riverside Park Hotell in Enniscorthy. The lobby was rather big and impersonal, I thought, but there were rooms available at a very affordable rate for bed and breakfast included. Imagine our surprise to find we had a brand new bedroom, very nicely furnished, good size, huge TV and a superb bathroom. We were quite late checking in, so didn't have anything to eat but had drinks in the bar which was busy with customers watching the World Cup football. Breakfast the following morning in The Moorings was served by friendly attentive staff. All in all a good experience and I would definitely stay there again. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I believe our room was in the new extension and it was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila O
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Sheila O,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our newly built bedrooms with air conditioning and all the modern luxuries of a four star hotel.

I look forward to inviting you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We were here for a family wedding. We stayed 3 nights in a river view room. The rooms them self are a little tired but the hotel staff were lovely and accommodating. The food menu is standard pub food but after 5 plus meals were we not disappointed with any of the food. Great breakfast selection with wexford strawberries.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Emma B,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us from our food to the wonderful service you received.

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staying in hotels can sometimes be stressful with young children. However we had a very positive experience with our 2 and 5 year olds. Hotel staff were tolerant and understanding of children. We ate tea in the bar during our 3 night stay. Children's meals promptly brought. Kids happy so we were happy. Public play park next to car park was a great distraction particularly for 5 yr old. Pool adequate for needs with separate paddling area. Room may need a little upgrading for a 4 star but spotlessly clean. Lovely view of river. Only half hour from Curracloe beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ali176
Dear ali176

I would like to thank you for your glowing review on Tripadvisor following your family's recent stay. It’s always great to receive feedback from our guests and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are only too aware that travelling with Kids can be stressful and were delighted to read you were accommodated promptly and efficiently with your children at the forefront of your needs. The Playground is certainly a welcome distraction for the children big and small!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on sat 5th been our 3rd visit, we stay here as a treat as a family of 4 visiting other family in the area always a pleasure, the Alamo steakhouse is amazing food is delicious, breakfast is freshly cooked to order which just makes it that bit nicer, they even have Belgian waffles which my kids love! Rooms clean and spacious, the bar is a lovely area staff all friendly, 4 euro hot drink and scone with jam and cream yummy! Every staff member we encountered where so nice and really nice towards my 2 young kids! Can't wait to come back in August for a family wedding!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Deirdre N
Dear Deenol ,

We are really thrilled to read your review following your recent stay at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. We are delighted you had such a positive experience of the staff and of the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, and I have passed all your comments to our team here in the Hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back personally in August for such a special occasion as a wedding and if there is anything that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in the Riverside last week with family and were very impressed with the hotel from start to finish. It is in a great location right beside the town in a very picturesque setting by the river. The bedrooms were clean and spacious, breakfast and dinner were excellent,staff friendly and professional. We enjoyed the pool and the nearby playground so much that my 5 year old granddaughter cried when we were leaving! One nice touch was a welcome email received before we arrived and a thank you email when we returned home.So thank you, Riverside Park Hotel for a lovely stay and hope to see you again soon :).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Yammo

Many thanks for your comments and I am delighted to read that you, your family and especially your grand daughter enjoyed your stay with us and hope to return in the future.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jim Maher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 6 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,446 reviews

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!