“Can You Sleep In A Sauna...?”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed during a rare warm spell in Ireland and found to our cost that not all of the rooms in the hotel have air conditioning despite the recent upgrade.

Our room was overlooking the Pool/Gym complex and the problem, apart from the lack of a view, is that you could not have the window open at night as it gets quite noisy. The hotel did provide a portable fan but it was also noisy and so we were left in a room which got very warm, so warm it seemed like a sauna.

I did flag the issue with the receptionist when checking out and apparently only 18 of the rooms have air-con.

Apart from the issue with the room temperature the stay was enjoyable, the hotel has a good restaurant, a small but well equipped gym and a small pool. There is plenty to do in the local area.

If you are planning to stay in this hotel you might want to ensure that you have one of the rooms with air-con, and also with a river view.

Room Tip: Get one with air-con especially if summer returns to Ireland.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear

Dear 2_White_Sands ,

We are delighted to be able to offer air conditioning in our newly built luxurious rooms. As you mentioned we accommodate our guests with a portable fan during our summer season which provides a level of comfort for them.

I'd be delighted to welcome you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while attending a wedding recently. I found the staff excellent as I have some dietary issues and they couldn't have been more accommodating will a menu for me. The food was excellent both at the wedding and in the bar the next day. Our room was large, bright and even had air conditioning which was great as the weather was wonderful. My only disappointment was the leisure centre which I found dull and a bit grotty in places especially around the pool. This is an area which I feel should get some attention. I would certainly recommend the hotel and will return again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room with Air Con, if required.

Dear Mary C,

I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure and we have taken on board your comments regarding the Leisure Club.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great Hotel, when in Enniscorthy this is my favourite place for a lunchtime snack or main meal. Excellent food and quick friendly service, dine out on the patio with a lovely view of the river if it's a nice day.Then take a nice stroll along the river bank.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed overnight but would suggest river view

Dear Derekw208 ,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor regarding you recent stay with us at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights in July. It is rated as a four star hotel but we doubted that rating. When we arrived we were given room 136 one of the new rooms in the hotel. The room was very pleasant and had air con which we love!!!! View from the room terrible. Looking down on a builders yard below. So avoid this one if you can. We later discovered that the rooms were open for less than a week. There were teething problems and so we had to move to room 134 late one night. The hotel were very nice about this when we were checking out so I have no complaints. 134 had a much better view but you were not looking out on the Slaney. There are river view rooms available but I do not know if they have air con. Small flies were an issue at night so keep that in mind if you were going to need to leave the windows open in those river view rooms.

We ate dinner in the Moorings Restaurant on our first night. We were impressed. Ok it is hotel food but it was enjoyable. A bottle of house wine was 18 Euro so good value there also. Breakfast is served in this room also. It can be crowded so any early sitting is advised. We ate about 10 am each day and no real issue. Staff were slow to clean tables, not pleasant to be surrounded by used tables as one attempts to enjoy ones breakfast. Cooked breakfast is done to order and rest of the food is buffet style. Did not notice there was a small selection of non wheat items.

The Leisure Centre is very very dated. The hotel opened in 1998 and it would appear very little had been done to the leisure centre since that date!!! The equipement was old we used the treadmills and the bikes. We did not use the pool did not like the look of it. The dressing rooms too were in need of a major revamp.

It is a short walk from the hotel to the town. It does have many hills so keep that in mind. We of the bad knees need to be alert to such issues!!!!! The Castle is worth a visit. You can visit the roof and it does give one super views over to Vinegar Hill and across the town itself. There is a lift if the spiral staircase does not appeal. It is not a traditional lift and does take about 30 seconds to go from floor to floor.Also if you like pottery do take a visit out to Kiltrea Pottery.

Very nice part of the country. Well worth a visit. Have to hope hotel gets its issued sorted. That said the hotel was busy many families and people there from Northern Ireland and Wales.

Room Tip: Aim for one of the newly done rooms. They have air con the rooms in the 300 do not.

Dear

Many thanks for posting you review on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We value all our guest’s feedback and have discussed your comments with the relevant departments. In relation to the new rooms which opened during your stay we did experience a few snags for which we apologise and were delighted to be able to accommodate you in a different room.
We still have a ball room under construction, hence the yard is not yet finished and will certainly be made more appealing for our guests in time.

I was delighted to read you made it to our wonderful Castle and a number of the historic sites in town.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 21/7/14 for one night. Very nice atmosphere here and the staff are really nice helpful and look happy in their job.As it was our 25th Wedding anniversary we had breakfast in the room all arrived bang on time and piping hot.From check in to check out we found the Riverside excellent.We didn't dine but the food looked excellent just had a sandwich in our room very nice and well presented. Room was spotless we had a great sleep. A big thank you to all the staff would definitely recommend to anybody..

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Slaney river.

Dear BRENDANDOYLE_9 ,

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club to celebrate your recent anniversary. We are delighted you had a positive experience of our staff and the facilities we have on offer.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had our wedding here last weekend. We have to say from a start when we booked it with Joy she had been brilliant and couldn't do anything more for us. She did anything we asked for including setting up big screen for us for wexford game in the function room. There is a fabulous team there with general manager been brilliant to us in days after the wedding to. Thanks to all staff martin and Lisa

Dear Martin & Lisa,

I would like to thank you for your glowing reply on Tripadvisor following your recent wedding. It's always great to receive feedback from our guests and indeed our Bride & Grooms and I am delighted you enjoyed your special day with us and we were only too delighted to be able to cater for your request to show the wonderful Wexford Match.

I look forward to inviting you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Riverside in July and couldn't have been happier. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a superb site, right on the river with a lovely walk along the banks. The rooms are large with very comfortable beds. We ate in the Alamo one night and in the bar the other night: both were excellent. I used the pool and gym, no complaints at all. The castle is worth a visit, make sure you go on to the roof. I would recommend the hotel to anyone, I can't imagine anybody being disappointed. By the way, I was concerned that a wedding reception might result in a lot of noise but we hardly realised it was going on as the banqueting room is on the other side of the hotel.
One small point: bring a hair dryer as the ones in the hotel, including in the leisure centre, are so gentle it's like having a small child blowing your hair!

Room Tip: There are rooms on the banqueting room side of the hotel and it may be best to avoid these. I can...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Bruno52 ,

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club for your recent trip to Co. Wexford. We are delighted you had a positive experience of our staff and the facilities we have on offer.

Kind Regards,
Jim Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
Riverbank House Hotel
Riverbank House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Wexford

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!