“Very Customer Friendly”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just back from a week end in The Riverside Park Hotel, still as nice as it was 3 years ago when we were last there. It does however need a facelift here and there especially in the Reception area. The cups and saucers in the rooms were worn with age and I wasn't impressed with the tea dribbles where the handle meets the cup. As usual the staff were terrific with one exception. I appreciate it's probably hotel policy that certain questions are asked by the person who is checking you out, ie, did you enjoy your stay etc it would be nice if when asking the questions they actually sounded as if they were interested.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketing007, General Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Fionnuala O ,

I am delighted with your comments and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure. I have raised your concerns re checking out with our Front Office Manager who will address this with her team. Thank you for brining this to our attention considering it may leave a lasting impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Staff not friendly just
Want u Che ked in no conversation not helpful at the desk won't back
Swimming pool lovely 4 the kids parking very bad even my 5 yr old comment on the staff
Rooms are lovely Wi Fi terrible

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear dianeddie ,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor for which I was disappointed to read.

You will see from other feedback on this site your stay was not reflective of the vast majority of feedback we receive as our dedicated team are our greatest asset and thrive to ensure that we provide a warm welcome and professional service and we are genuinely disappointed that you did not enjoy these standards during your stay with us.

Our Wifi service has been brought to our attention prior to this and we are sourcing new equipment to strengthen the signal output.

We apologise if this caused any inconvenience for you and your family.

Should you require any further information or wish to make a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

stayed in this hotel for the weekend didnt expect too much as the price for bed/breakfast
Was very reasonable there was no charge for my 2 grandchildren as they were sharing our room
We got a really big room with a balcony over looking the slaney
This hotel has lots of things to keep children amused with the swimming pool playground also
Included in price was a trip to a farm.
Would like to mention the food in the portobello bar is excellant also the staff are helpful and
Friendly

Room Tip: Room overlooking the slaney
1  Thank janetbutterfly50

Dear janetbutterfly50 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review following your stay with your grandchildren.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you left with such a lasting impression of our wonderful team.We value all our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding your value for Money and our wonderful friendly staff.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed during a rare warm spell in Ireland and found to our cost that not all of the rooms in the hotel have air conditioning despite the recent upgrade.

Our room was overlooking the Pool/Gym complex and the problem, apart from the lack of a view, is that you could not have the window open at night as it gets quite noisy. The hotel did provide a portable fan but it was also noisy and so we were left in a room which got very warm, so warm it seemed like a sauna.

I did flag the issue with the receptionist when checking out and apparently only 18 of the rooms have air-con.

Apart from the issue with the room temperature the stay was enjoyable, the hotel has a good restaurant, a small but well equipped gym and a small pool. There is plenty to do in the local area.

If you are planning to stay in this hotel you might want to ensure that you have one of the rooms with air-con, and also with a river view.

Room Tip: Get one with air-con especially if summer returns to Ireland.

Dear

Dear 2_White_Sands ,

We are delighted to be able to offer air conditioning in our newly built luxurious rooms. As you mentioned we accommodate our guests with a portable fan during our summer season which provides a level of comfort for them.

I'd be delighted to welcome you back in the future and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while attending a wedding recently. I found the staff excellent as I have some dietary issues and they couldn't have been more accommodating will a menu for me. The food was excellent both at the wedding and in the bar the next day. Our room was large, bright and even had air conditioning which was great as the weather was wonderful. My only disappointment was the leisure centre which I found dull and a bit grotty in places especially around the pool. This is an area which I feel should get some attention. I would certainly recommend the hotel and will return again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room with Air Con, if required.

Dear Mary C,

I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure and we have taken on board your comments regarding the Leisure Club.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great Hotel, when in Enniscorthy this is my favourite place for a lunchtime snack or main meal. Excellent food and quick friendly service, dine out on the patio with a lovely view of the river if it's a nice day.Then take a nice stroll along the river bank.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed overnight but would suggest river view

Dear Derekw208 ,

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor regarding you recent stay with us at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. I am delighted with your comments about the staff and service and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am, I'm sure.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights in July. It is rated as a four star hotel but we doubted that rating. When we arrived we were given room 136 one of the new rooms in the hotel. The room was very pleasant and had air con which we love!!!! View from the room terrible. Looking down on a builders yard below. So avoid this one if you can. We later discovered that the rooms were open for less than a week. There were teething problems and so we had to move to room 134 late one night. The hotel were very nice about this when we were checking out so I have no complaints. 134 had a much better view but you were not looking out on the Slaney. There are river view rooms available but I do not know if they have air con. Small flies were an issue at night so keep that in mind if you were going to need to leave the windows open in those river view rooms.

We ate dinner in the Moorings Restaurant on our first night. We were impressed. Ok it is hotel food but it was enjoyable. A bottle of house wine was 18 Euro so good value there also. Breakfast is served in this room also. It can be crowded so any early sitting is advised. We ate about 10 am each day and no real issue. Staff were slow to clean tables, not pleasant to be surrounded by used tables as one attempts to enjoy ones breakfast. Cooked breakfast is done to order and rest of the food is buffet style. Did not notice there was a small selection of non wheat items.

The Leisure Centre is very very dated. The hotel opened in 1998 and it would appear very little had been done to the leisure centre since that date!!! The equipement was old we used the treadmills and the bikes. We did not use the pool did not like the look of it. The dressing rooms too were in need of a major revamp.

It is a short walk from the hotel to the town. It does have many hills so keep that in mind. We of the bad knees need to be alert to such issues!!!!! The Castle is worth a visit. You can visit the roof and it does give one super views over to Vinegar Hill and across the town itself. There is a lift if the spiral staircase does not appeal. It is not a traditional lift and does take about 30 seconds to go from floor to floor.Also if you like pottery do take a visit out to Kiltrea Pottery.

Very nice part of the country. Well worth a visit. Have to hope hotel gets its issued sorted. That said the hotel was busy many families and people there from Northern Ireland and Wales.

Room Tip: Aim for one of the newly done rooms. They have air con the rooms in the 300 do not.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear

Many thanks for posting you review on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We value all our guest’s feedback and have discussed your comments with the relevant departments. In relation to the new rooms which opened during your stay we did experience a few snags for which we apologise and were delighted to be able to accommodate you in a different room.
We still have a ball room under construction, hence the yard is not yet finished and will certainly be made more appealing for our guests in time.

I was delighted to read you made it to our wonderful Castle and a number of the historic sites in town.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jim Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Brandon House Hotel
Brandon House Hotel
#1 of 1 in New Ross

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!