“Recent Coach Trip (National)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treacy's Hotel

Treacy's Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Middl
“Recent Coach Trip (National)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Not typically being the type of person who takes coach trips, I departed on this one with a certain amount of trepidation. However, I was encouraged by what I saw on your website.

We arrived at the hotel on the evening of St. Patricks Day having spent the day in Dublin for the festivities. On arrival (5.35 pm) the Duty Manager boarded our coach to welcome us and to hand out our room keys. A very straightforward check-in which was most welcome. Our bags were brought up to the room within five minutes by an equally friendly and helpful member of your team.

Due to the nature of coach trips (set meal times etc) our dinner would be served an hour later, a bit early for my taste in truth. The set menu was adequate and the food could have been warmer. The dishes were not to my taste and while different each day, were also very similar. By the third day I was losing interest. I'm also not a big fan of deciding what I want to eat for dinner at breakfast time or the night before. If I was staying on my own I would have liked to sample a broader range of the food on offer, in particular the Thai menu. The restaurant area was clean and well presented. The staff were delightful.

My mother, sister and I shared a three bedded room on the second floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very spacious, well presented and the beds comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and even when we moved the furniture around to better suit our needs, it was evident that no corners had been cut. The room was very warm and I was unable to operate the air conditioning. We did open the windows which did back onto noisy fans however this was not excessive to me (I travel with ear plugs). Of note, the bath took 45 minutes to empty after a shower which could do with addressing.

We stayed midweek and therefore unable to comment on the nightclub or disco, however the nightly live music in the bar was great and the advantage of eating early was we were always able to get a seat. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I think that the hotel has more to offer than what I sampled as a coach tour visitor. Your whole team are to be commended, as their friendly and helpful demeanour made the trip, and also made it easier to forgive some of the less enjoyable aspects (see above). Cheerfully serving breakfast to some very tired and grumpy travellers at 5am on departure day before waving them off with a smile is a skill all on its own.

Overall, if in the area, I would come back, but I'm not sure the coach trip is for me.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank J J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

this is a copy of email sent to treacys hotel on sunday 16.3.14
just recently i stayed with you through a booking with national holidays.
for the first time, i would like to contact the hotel i visited to tell you how impressed i was with every facet of your organisation.
every single staff member i encountered was efficient, polite and extremely affable, with a helpfulness that was above and beyond the norm. i actually asked one employee if the smiles were genuine, were the bosses in effect tyrants? she laughed and whispered, just the opposite, that is why we are smiling. thought you should know:

1 the staff even entered the bus to welcome us - a first and i have travelled the world on many different tours, many five star.
2 the staff at the door were brilliant, and i got my bag in record time
3 i had a problem with the telephone, tv and air conditioner, on arrival. convinced it was me, i held my breath and went down for help. the male employee turned up immediately, fixed it all, except the air conditioner in a trice, with a smile and a joke. i am convinced it happened so i could meet yet another stunner of your staff.
4 the drinks area (i used to run a pub in australia for ten years) was spotless with a well run bar, and also containing brilliant staff. glasses were clean, drinks fresh and cold. the beer on tap, including the guinness was excellent, proving that the lines were well maintained. i relaxed for the first time since leaving my own pub!
5 the restaurant: outstanding staff, too many to name, however i must admit that nancy won my heart, as did most of your crew.
the area was clean, without a chip on any of the crockery or glasses and the cutlery was very clean, a phobia i must admit i am guilty of checking before it touches my food or mouth. i am astounded to discover i am not alone on this, it is becoming quite common nowadays.
the food was of the highest quality and there was plenty of it. i consider the irish stew i had on the last night to have been perfection.
6 the staff at reception: the two women i dealt with were wondrous, and i confess that when requested to name only one staff on the survey,this area came out ahead. i had heard about some strange gaol in a nearby town and wanted to know if it was actually worth the visit and how to get there, and timetables etc. it was all typed and printed for me after dinner, including an estimate on cost. and with a smile
7 the room itself was comfortable and clean. on the last day i met the lady and thanked her personally. i had at some stage requested extra coffee and milk and received it with a smile.
8 when we left, three of your staff were outside, watching us board the bus. they smiled and waved! another first world wide experience for me. what a wonderful idea and kudos to whoever thought of it.

overall, highly recommended. thank you, sincerely for without a doubt the best time in a hotel i have ever had. this includes a comparison to some of the snobbiest, most expensive hotels in the world: the luxor in las vegas the first year it opened for one, the hilton hotel in paris for another. i won't bore you with a great list.

it has been my experience that once you have the physical aesthetics in place, it is the staff and the staff only that continue to keep your establishment humming. stand tall, they made you proud!

with many thanks £$%%%%$$£££ (name) room 302 arrived monday 10/3/14 and left thursday

after i emailed this i realised that i had forgotten to mention the entertainment (irish folk) was pleasant. they also had several in house activities which were interesting and fun, and a huge relief after one similar holiday offered bingo, bingo, or ... bingo. bring your swimwear, there is free access to a health centre situated just across the road. there is an atrium which is like an oasis

Room Tip: ask for a non smoker, they actually have both. third floor numbered 01 to 05 have less noise at nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank diane c
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had a grand time at this hotel.Really comfy beds, food excellent.Staff soooooooo friendly and helpful.Recommend to anyone,a really enjoyable time.Cant wait to return,i know we would get the same welcome.

Room Tip: Its a bit noisy at the weekend as the club opposite doesnt close till early hours ,so,avoid rooms at...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maggie D
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a marvellous welcome we had at this hotel . The staff were polite, helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable from the Managers right through to the room staff .The meals were very good and service was to a very high standard . Different entertainment every evening with sing songs , jokes and good Irish humour . the linen was crispy clean and the room was immaculately kept . We would certainly book a Treacy's hotel again and would thoroughly recommend them to family and friends .

Room Tip: ask at the reception they are very helpful . we were on a coach trip but I emailed them and they sel...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank janice p
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Myself and my fiance are just home from my anniversary and from start to finish we were really pampered! When we arrived we were checked in at reception that smelled and looked like a luxury spa it was beautiful. I mentioned the smell to the lady on reception and she said the owner had bought a luxury foyer spray in from Germany! I asked about having a massage that afternoon somewhere local and getting my hair done.The receptionist was so helpful; she booked everything for me and ordered a taxi to pick me up at the door of the hotel for my appointments.
We had a meal in the Thai restaurant that night and when we were shown to our table we were so surprised. There were happy anniversary balloons on the table that neither of us had organised to be there! It really made our occasion feel even more special because the staff went out of their way to look after us. Food was delicious service was excellent. I just cant fault anything about the night...
We're only home now but we can't wait to go back for another weekend break and we hope to make celebrating our anniversary in Treacy's a tradition!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friends booked Treacys hotel for my hen weekend last month. 10 of us travelled from Dublin. We did the murder mystery in the hotel "death by chocolate". The girl in the hotel that organises this is Sharon. I have to say it was such good fun. It’s based on a spa murder and is really good fun. The rooms were beautiful. I'd say only recently decorated. The buffet breakfast really good ample food. We ate in the bar the 1st night. Food was great. We ate in the Thai on the 2nd night and I have to say it was fantastic. Unbelievable. My mouth is watering. All in all I highly recommend this hotel. I will defiantly bring the now luckiest man in Ireland for a weekend break really soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my husband and three boys for mid term break. Enjoyed it so much from how well the kids were looked after with endless fun at kids club to how we got some well earned us time. The food in both the bar and Thai restaurant was top class. Could not tell u much about the town itself as we spent most of our time in the Hotel due the the great fun in both the hotel bar and the bar next door d bar it was great. Will def return so enjoyable def going to book again for Easter break.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
The Millrace Hotel
The Millrace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bunclody
Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa

Been to Treacy's Hotel? Share your experiences!