Not typically being the type of person who takes coach trips, I departed on this one with a certain amount of trepidation. However, I was encouraged by what I saw on your website.
We arrived at the hotel on the evening of St. Patricks Day having spent the day in Dublin for the festivities. On arrival (5.35 pm) the Duty Manager boarded our coach to welcome us and to hand out our room keys. A very straightforward check-in which was most welcome. Our bags were brought up to the room within five minutes by an equally friendly and helpful member of your team.
Due to the nature of coach trips (set meal times etc) our dinner would be served an hour later, a bit early for my taste in truth. The set menu was adequate and the food could have been warmer. The dishes were not to my taste and while different each day, were also very similar. By the third day I was losing interest. I'm also not a big fan of deciding what I want to eat for dinner at breakfast time or the night before. If I was staying on my own I would have liked to sample a broader range of the food on offer, in particular the Thai menu. The restaurant area was clean and well presented. The staff were delightful.
My mother, sister and I shared a three bedded room on the second floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very spacious, well presented and the beds comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and even when we moved the furniture around to better suit our needs, it was evident that no corners had been cut. The room was very warm and I was unable to operate the air conditioning. We did open the windows which did back onto noisy fans however this was not excessive to me (I travel with ear plugs). Of note, the bath took 45 minutes to empty after a shower which could do with addressing.
We stayed midweek and therefore unable to comment on the nightclub or disco, however the nightly live music in the bar was great and the advantage of eating early was we were always able to get a seat. Staff were friendly and helpful.
I think that the hotel has more to offer than what I sampled as a coach tour visitor. Your whole team are to be commended, as their friendly and helpful demeanour made the trip, and also made it easier to forgive some of the less enjoyable aspects (see above). Cheerfully serving breakfast to some very tired and grumpy travellers at 5am on departure day before waving them off with a smile is a skill all on its own.
Overall, if in the area, I would come back, but I'm not sure the coach trip is for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- D Bar a New Cocktail bar now open in Treacys Hotel,Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford Great party music every Friday & Saturday Night, just adding to the new array of Entertainment that can be found throughout the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Treacy's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treacys Hotel Enniscorthy
- Treacy's Hotel Enniscorthy, Ireland - County Wexford