All reviewsthai restaurantnational holidayscoach triptemple barlive music every nightcoach partythe main hotelleisure centrekids clubwicklow mountainscouldn't do enoughevery eveninglovely hotelfood was lovelylast weekendboth nightsrestaurant staff
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A warm welcome awaits guests staying at this well located hotel in the charming town of Enniscorthy.We were fortunate to be staying in a spacious twin room on the fourth floor,with a modern bathroom that fulfilled all our requirements.
We were on an organised excursion staying on a half board basis,the food whilst not a la carte, was well presented,tasty,and plentiful.My only criticism was the wine list that was a tad overpriced and underwhelming,however a minor issue overall,and it certainly didn't spoil our experience.And a special mention to the waiting staff who were so accommodating to all the diners.

There was lively entertainment every night that catered to most tastes,with the bar staff providing an excellent,friendly service
that hit the spot.

To sum up Treaceys hotel its a no nonsense,friendly hotel,that doesn't try to be something it isn,t,it provides good value for money, and is centrally located allowing you easy access to good transport links.Would we stay there again? Yes of course.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We travelled as a party of 11 age ranges from 30 to 84! We had a brilliant time the staff were smashing they are so helpful and pleasant I've stayed in hotels and cruised all over the world but the atmosphere here would be hard to match well done treacy's you do Ireland proud! Treacy's in Waterford is great as well xx

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at Traceys Hotel Enniscorthy for A St Patrick's Day 5 day trip, The Hotel is outstanding, very friendly staff, with wonderful smiles each and everyone of them, Heather and Maria stood out for me, Heather always happy to help and always smiling, Maria at reception was brilliant asked her about cricket clubs in the area as I am looking to bring the cricket club I play for over for a tour in 2015, Maria found and printed out all the information I asked for, all in all my time there was a joy and I will come again. Food well it is to die for not had food like it.

If I was to mark it, it would be 10 out of 10 and the touch of the staff seeing us of when we left a brilliant touch.

Room Tip: Ask and the staff will help,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Not typically being the type of person who takes coach trips, I departed on this one with a certain amount of trepidation. However, I was encouraged by what I saw on your website.

We arrived at the hotel on the evening of St. Patricks Day having spent the day in Dublin for the festivities. On arrival (5.35 pm) the Duty Manager boarded our coach to welcome us and to hand out our room keys. A very straightforward check-in which was most welcome. Our bags were brought up to the room within five minutes by an equally friendly and helpful member of your team.

Due to the nature of coach trips (set meal times etc) our dinner would be served an hour later, a bit early for my taste in truth. The set menu was adequate and the food could have been warmer. The dishes were not to my taste and while different each day, were also very similar. By the third day I was losing interest. I'm also not a big fan of deciding what I want to eat for dinner at breakfast time or the night before. If I was staying on my own I would have liked to sample a broader range of the food on offer, in particular the Thai menu. The restaurant area was clean and well presented. The staff were delightful.

My mother, sister and I shared a three bedded room on the second floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very spacious, well presented and the beds comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and even when we moved the furniture around to better suit our needs, it was evident that no corners had been cut. The room was very warm and I was unable to operate the air conditioning. We did open the windows which did back onto noisy fans however this was not excessive to me (I travel with ear plugs). Of note, the bath took 45 minutes to empty after a shower which could do with addressing.

We stayed midweek and therefore unable to comment on the nightclub or disco, however the nightly live music in the bar was great and the advantage of eating early was we were always able to get a seat. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I think that the hotel has more to offer than what I sampled as a coach tour visitor. Your whole team are to be commended, as their friendly and helpful demeanour made the trip, and also made it easier to forgive some of the less enjoyable aspects (see above). Cheerfully serving breakfast to some very tired and grumpy travellers at 5am on departure day before waving them off with a smile is a skill all on its own.

Overall, if in the area, I would come back, but I'm not sure the coach trip is for me.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank J J
Reviewed 18 March 2014

this is a copy of email sent to treacys hotel on sunday 16.3.14
just recently i stayed with you through a booking with national holidays.
for the first time, i would like to contact the hotel i visited to tell you how impressed i was with every facet of your organisation.
every single staff member i encountered was efficient, polite and extremely affable, with a helpfulness that was above and beyond the norm. i actually asked one employee if the smiles were genuine, were the bosses in effect tyrants? she laughed and whispered, just the opposite, that is why we are smiling. thought you should know:

1 the staff even entered the bus to welcome us - a first and i have travelled the world on many different tours, many five star.
2 the staff at the door were brilliant, and i got my bag in record time
3 i had a problem with the telephone, tv and air conditioner, on arrival. convinced it was me, i held my breath and went down for help. the male employee turned up immediately, fixed it all, except the air conditioner in a trice, with a smile and a joke. i am convinced it happened so i could meet yet another stunner of your staff.
4 the drinks area (i used to run a pub in australia for ten years) was spotless with a well run bar, and also containing brilliant staff. glasses were clean, drinks fresh and cold. the beer on tap, including the guinness was excellent, proving that the lines were well maintained. i relaxed for the first time since leaving my own pub!
5 the restaurant: outstanding staff, too many to name, however i must admit that nancy won my heart, as did most of your crew.
the area was clean, without a chip on any of the crockery or glasses and the cutlery was very clean, a phobia i must admit i am guilty of checking before it touches my food or mouth. i am astounded to discover i am not alone on this, it is becoming quite common nowadays.
the food was of the highest quality and there was plenty of it. i consider the irish stew i had on the last night to have been perfection.
6 the staff at reception: the two women i dealt with were wondrous, and i confess that when requested to name only one staff on the survey,this area came out ahead. i had heard about some strange gaol in a nearby town and wanted to know if it was actually worth the visit and how to get there, and timetables etc. it was all typed and printed for me after dinner, including an estimate on cost. and with a smile
7 the room itself was comfortable and clean. on the last day i met the lady and thanked her personally. i had at some stage requested extra coffee and milk and received it with a smile.
8 when we left, three of your staff were outside, watching us board the bus. they smiled and waved! another first world wide experience for me. what a wonderful idea and kudos to whoever thought of it.

overall, highly recommended. thank you, sincerely for without a doubt the best time in a hotel i have ever had. this includes a comparison to some of the snobbiest, most expensive hotels in the world: the luxor in las vegas the first year it opened for one, the hilton hotel in paris for another. i won't bore you with a great list.

it has been my experience that once you have the physical aesthetics in place, it is the staff and the staff only that continue to keep your establishment humming. stand tall, they made you proud!

with many thanks £$%%%%$$£££ (name) room 302 arrived monday 10/3/14 and left thursday

after i emailed this i realised that i had forgotten to mention the entertainment (irish folk) was pleasant. they also had several in house activities which were interesting and fun, and a huge relief after one similar holiday offered bingo, bingo, or ... bingo. bring your swimwear, there is free access to a health centre situated just across the road. there is an atrium which is like an oasis

Room Tip: ask for a non smoker, they actually have both. third floor numbered 01 to 05 have less noise at night from irish entertainment in the bar on the ground floor. i would go for numbers 01 to 05 on third floor and anywhere from there up.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo