All reviews thai restaurant national holidays coach trip temple bar live music every night coach party the main hotel leisure centre kids club wicklow mountains couldn't do enough every evening lovely hotel food was lovely last weekend both nights restaurant staff
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Recently returned from Edwards Coaches trip to Ireland for St.Patricks Day staying Treacy's Hotel, Enniscorthy. First of all I must mention Edwards Coaches and our driver Andrew, from booking the holiday to the trip itself everything was superb. it was the first time we had travelled with Edwards and Andrew from the time he picked us up was excellent he made the trip he was always at hand and very polite and informative. A many thanks Andrew.
Now to Treacys Hotel. I must say from some of the reviews we had read we were a bit apprehensive and even wondered should we have booked the hotel hotel at all. Well any apprehension and concerns we had disappeared immediately when we arrived at the hotel and greeted on the bus by a member of staff and given our room numbers asked to take drink in the bar while our luggage was taken to our rooms. We were in room 110 on the first floor over looking the road it was very clean and comfortable and catered for our every need. For dinner there was an excellent and varied choice all freshly cooked. The full Irish breakfast was hearty and plentiful. All of the staff from the restaurant, bar, reception and housekeeping were very polite, patient and courteous and were willing to take care of all your needs and requirements. Nothing was to much trouble for them. The live music and the friendly atmosphere in the bar each night was brilliant. It was the first time we had visited this hotel but it certainly won't be the last. Once again may I thank Andrew our coach driver and to all the staff at Teacys Hotel for giving myself and my wife a St.Patricks day holiday to Ireland something we will never forget and cherish forever.

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the rear of the hotel-off road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david o
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A warm welcome awaits guests staying at this well located hotel in the charming town of Enniscorthy.We were fortunate to be staying in a spacious twin room on the fourth floor,with a modern bathroom that fulfilled all our requirements.
We were on an organised excursion staying on a half board basis,the food whilst not a la carte, was well presented,tasty,and plentiful.My only criticism was the wine list that was a tad overpriced and underwhelming,however a minor issue overall,and it certainly didn't spoil our experience.And a special mention to the waiting staff who were so accommodating to all the diners.

There was lively entertainment every night that catered to most tastes,with the bar staff providing an excellent,friendly service
that hit the spot.

To sum up Treaceys hotel its a no nonsense,friendly hotel,that doesn't try to be something it isn,t,it provides good value for money, and is centrally located allowing you easy access to good transport links.Would we stay there again? Yes of course.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We travelled as a party of 11 age ranges from 30 to 84! We had a brilliant time the staff were smashing they are so helpful and pleasant I've stayed in hotels and cruised all over the world but the atmosphere here would be hard to match well done treacy's you do Ireland proud! Treacy's in Waterford is great as well xx

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at Traceys Hotel Enniscorthy for A St Patrick's Day 5 day trip, The Hotel is outstanding, very friendly staff, with wonderful smiles each and everyone of them, Heather and Maria stood out for me, Heather always happy to help and always smiling, Maria at reception was brilliant asked her about cricket clubs in the area as I am looking to bring the cricket club I play for over for a tour in 2015, Maria found and printed out all the information I asked for, all in all my time there was a joy and I will come again. Food well it is to die for not had food like it.

If I was to mark it, it would be 10 out of 10 and the touch of the staff seeing us of when we left a brilliant touch.

Room Tip: Ask and the staff will help,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Not typically being the type of person who takes coach trips, I departed on this one with a certain amount of trepidation. However, I was encouraged by what I saw on your website.

We arrived at the hotel on the evening of St. Patricks Day having spent the day in Dublin for the festivities. On arrival (5.35 pm) the Duty Manager boarded our coach to welcome us and to hand out our room keys. A very straightforward check-in which was most welcome. Our bags were brought up to the room within five minutes by an equally friendly and helpful member of your team.

Due to the nature of coach trips (set meal times etc) our dinner would be served an hour later, a bit early for my taste in truth. The set menu was adequate and the food could have been warmer. The dishes were not to my taste and while different each day, were also very similar. By the third day I was losing interest. I'm also not a big fan of deciding what I want to eat for dinner at breakfast time or the night before. If I was staying on my own I would have liked to sample a broader range of the food on offer, in particular the Thai menu. The restaurant area was clean and well presented. The staff were delightful.

My mother, sister and I shared a three bedded room on the second floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very spacious, well presented and the beds comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and even when we moved the furniture around to better suit our needs, it was evident that no corners had been cut. The room was very warm and I was unable to operate the air conditioning. We did open the windows which did back onto noisy fans however this was not excessive to me (I travel with ear plugs). Of note, the bath took 45 minutes to empty after a shower which could do with addressing.

We stayed midweek and therefore unable to comment on the nightclub or disco, however the nightly live music in the bar was great and the advantage of eating early was we were always able to get a seat. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I think that the hotel has more to offer than what I sampled as a coach tour visitor. Your whole team are to be commended, as their friendly and helpful demeanour made the trip, and also made it easier to forgive some of the less enjoyable aspects (see above). Cheerfully serving breakfast to some very tired and grumpy travellers at 5am on departure day before waving them off with a smile is a skill all on its own.

Overall, if in the area, I would come back, but I'm not sure the coach trip is for me.

Stayed: March 2014