All reviewsthai restaurantnational holidayscoach triptemple barlive music every nightcoach partythe main hotelleisure centrekids clubwicklow mountainscouldn't do enoughevery eveninglovely hotelfood was lovelylast weekendboth nightsrestaurant staff
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Just a note for anyone considering booking this hotel.

My husband was invited to accept an award at a dinner in Enniscorthy on Saturday 2nd December 2017 and I immediately started looking for somewhere to stay. The hotel hosting the dinner was completely booked but referred me to Treacys. When I called on 25th, I was assured that whilst this hotel was full on the night, there was a strong likelihood of being accommodated in external apartments once the reservations manager had reviewed the situation on Monday morning (27th November 2017) and had time to ''juggle things around.''

I received a call from the hotel this afternoon advising that there is indeed availability but that it is reserved for those booking two nights accommodation. When I confirmed that due to work commitments we could not stay for two nights, I was told that we could not have the room.

I am very disappointed that this policy is in place. I appreciate that hotels have to make money during busy times but I would happily have paid a higher rate just to get somewhere to stay as it is a 3 hour drive home in the middle of winter...
BTW there are only two hotels in the town and I also called numerous B&Bs this afternoon but all are fully booked.

So, I guess we will just have to stay home and miss the event ... It makes you think twice about the meaning of hospitality and I will certainly never, ever frequent this establishment!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank MarieM03
Reviewed 12 November 2017

So I booked this hotel for one night with my girlfriend. Just a simply double standard room. The room its self was nice, staff were excellent and we had a meal in the restaurant, the food was very good. First problem was the nose, the bar downstairs is very busy with live music so if you want a good nights sleep don`t stay on the first floor. The major negative for me was the beds. So I paid for a double bed but got 2 single beds side by side. Don`t know why Irish hotels love doing his but it is terrible. The first single bed was fine however the 2nd bed was completely rubbish and it is terrible that they would even have bed like that in a lovely hotel. The base and mattress were different than 1st bed and it was like a camp bed. I paid 99 euro for my stay and there was no way I was going to sleep ion a "camp bed". So I talked to the staff and they moved us to a different room. The food and staff are the only reason why this review is getting any stars because they were both excellent. I really do not like to complain about things but when I pay 99 euro for a double bed I want to be able to sleep in it.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep don`t stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Poitigeir
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were a week later than David B and really enjoyed our stay at Treacys.The staff are really hard working and make your stay relaxing.Good choice of food with fish being one of 3 choices with evening meal.Entertainment was good in the bar although a little predictable with common Irish songs such as wild rover being sung every night .
Not much to do in Enniscorthy and the Wicklow mountains were no more scenic than the Moors in our area and were shrouded in mist.A must is stay on the coach for the guided tour with a tour guide on our vist to Dublin with a small charge.The hotel has free use of a swimming pool across the road.Room were kept clean each day and have ear plugs if the room is at front of building but we did not here the traffic which is busy in the morning and early evening.
Our coach driver Alan was a brilliant guide from meeting the coach at services to our drop off and is a credit to the company.
Crossings were very good with Stella line and fortunately smooth.Again good quality of food onboard .

Room Tip: Some rooms are in a separate annex across the road
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Lovely hotel had dinner there lovely food. Room was nice and clean had a lovely sleep staff were lovely and friendly plenty of parking spaces we parked when we arrived and walked around the town visited the castle which was beautiful

Room Tip: Hotel is good over all
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This is a good location for a night out. The only problem I'd have is the crowd was very drunk at times but sure that's us all every now and then . Few rows at the end of night. Bouncing staff helpful. Bar slow very busy

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends