All reviews thai restaurant national holidays coach trip temple bar live music every night coach party the main hotel leisure centre kids club wicklow mountains every evening couldn't do enough lovely hotel food was lovely last weekend both nights restaurant staff
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed in the apartments attached to Treacys Hotel in Enniscorthy while taking part in a 1798 living history/historical re-enactment weekend in New Ross and Vinegar Hill. Apartments were perfect, spotless, and easily accessible with car parking. A particular highlight of my visit was meeting Louise (hope its correct spelling) on reception in Treacys. This young lady was so professional, helpful and courteous-shes a gem and a major asset to this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for Louise
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My other half and I stayed in Treacy's Hotel in mid-June, 2018. The hotel had been highly spoken about, so we were really looking forward to our stay. Unfortunately, however, we were a little disappointed with our stay.

The first member of staff we were greeted by was extremely helpful and welcoming. After receiving our room keys, we headed up to check out our accommadation. To our dismay, we found that our air conditioning was out of order. The room was incredibly hot and when we brought our concern to the attention of staff, we were informed that the air conditioning does not work throughout the hotel, and we were compensated with a small fan (which did help a little but mostly for the person who was on the same side as it). There was also no fridge in the hotel room, which was a nuisance when it came to storing drinks and beverages.

Furthermore, we are disappointed to say that we were a little taken aback by the staff of Treacy's Hotel. For the most part, they were quiet rude, particularly in Chang Thai, where we had bought a voucher on PigsBack for our meal. I work in the customer service industry, and the waiter could not have made it anymore blatant who was paying the most money in the restaurant. When he served our food, he was somewhat dismissive and quite rude but took his time chatting to the other customers who were paying then and there. The food, however, was delicious. I had the Pad Thai and my other half had the Sir Loin steak.

The hotel itself is lovely, and overall, we did enjoy our time in Treacy Hotel Enniscorthy. Although, there is certainly room for improvement.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank medavis2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Checked into Traceys over the Bank Holiday weekend, was visiting Wexford which coincided with the Strawberry Festival,

Check-in was OK, and we located the room no problem, the room was clean, if a little on the cramped side, there was zero space to walk around the bed,

Arrived back very late to the hotel and there was an absolute riot happening on the street outside the door, with revellers leaving the adjoining nightclub (which the hotel also run).

I had trouble accessing the hotel and the night porter insisted on speaking to me through a small opening in the door,

I was then interrogated for about 10 mins while the night porter insisted that my room was empty and there was no-one checked into it, I was warned and then threatened that if I didn't know what room I was in, I was being ejected.

Eventually after I insisted that he locate the written check-in receipt which I signed on arrival, he realised the mistake and I was allowed to go to my room.

The air on was not working and the room was too hot but I couldn't leave the window open because of the singing, fighting and smashing of glasses that was happening on the street below, it went on for about two hours.

On checking out I complained about the noise only to be asked if it was inside the hotel or outside (as it that is some form of excuse). I explained that it was outside (from the hotels own nightclub).

I would never recommend that anyone, friend or family would stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 64WillB64
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel and to say the quality of the room left lot to be desired is an understatement. The room was so small nearly had to go outside room to change my mind.
The bed was uncomfortable and lumpy clearly past use by date. The shower area was tiny and without a bath. Tiles are grey in shower area and the lighting poor. Usually tiles in shower area/ bathroom are white so it can be clear if its clean. This left us wondering how clean the area was.
The sleeping area is extremly small.
It was so warm in room but couldnt open window because right outside the noise from air conditioning unit would prevent us sleeping.
My advice to any prospective guest to this hotel is stay away. This hotel may have been suitable in 80s but at this stage its not acceptable to place guest in rooms so small.
The area outside hotel shops etc is filthy and this down to council in not cleaning area. Shame on Enniscorthy council for allowing the area to go into such a state.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Avoid room 209 if you've had a hip replacement. Toilet too low. Bathroom small, ? Reason for infant school size toilet!
No shaver socket for toothbrush charging.
Otherwise room at the back of the hotel so at least, quiet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends