“Total bliss!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Ireland
“Total bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

I'm just back from a stay at Monart and words fail me :-) It was total bliss! Rooms perfect, spa was heavenly and food and service perfect. Only comment I will pass on to Management is to put a sign up outside the relaxation rooms to advise clients that's it's a quiet zone as some guests were chatting which disturbed the ambience and that there is a "swimwear optional" hour in the morning which I didn't know about....let's just say I saw more than I bargained for :-)) All in all Mark and the team were amazing. Highly recommended and am already planning my next trip.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Stayed 2 nights at the monart. I had been keen to experience the place so was almost nervous that it wouldn't live up to my high expectations. Thankfully it did it was simply heaven. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking time out from a hectic lifestyle. I found there is such a sense of calm with the remote setting, this hotel maximises light everywhere.
Staff were excellent in all areas. The food in the restaurant was in line with any other 5 star hotel or top restaurant in ireland. The lounge food was highest standard of lounge food I've tasted.
This hotel is obviously all about the spa which was serviced well and massage I received was excellent.
This was the best 5 star hotel I've stayed in Ireland and what I really liked was the hotel has not lost sight of how good Ireland is. The hotel had local pottery kiltea and art work which gave it a sense of homeliness and less stuffiness.
The only improvements I could see worthwhile making at this hotel would be an outdoor water bathing area and possibly a better walking route. The interior design in parts was pretty straight forward design which doesn't wholly live up to the architectural design. My husband and I agreed off the upstairs bedrooms will probably date quickly.
I loved the policy of ne news in the hotel but papers available in library. Similarly, that there was no tv in lounge to reduce the amount of rubbish the media is feeding us with.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Maximiser
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

super facilities and by far the best I've experienced in Ireland for this sort of get-away

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

We arrived in Monart a little late , so it was dark when we pulled up at the gates.
We buzzed in and the electric gates were quickly opened , on driving up to the old house (front of the hotel) I must have driven too fast as we were wondering were we to drive round the back of the building or not, but then the porter opened the door and kindly took care of our bags and parked the car.
On walking in you walk through a glass corridor which was very nice with the lights on the outside in contrast to the old period house., we were warmly greeted by the receptionist who gave us a nice shot of smoothy and quickly took details etc..
Then she personally walked us to our room and explained everything like the sliding doors etc.. The room was quite large, and the bathroom fab.
nice couch to relax in and decent TV too.
one fault was that there was no kettle.
The bed looked really comfy and it was, however i felt it was too warm in the room and in the bed and I woke up very early, im not sure about the previous poster who noticed a protective sheet, but i did have to remove all the pillows as there were too many really.
We had dinner that night and it was quite formal in the restraunt, the food was tasty and well prepared, but i felt that it was a little slow, but most of the staff were very attentive and professional. There are mixed nationalites amonst the staff , some Germans - very good, some east european (there was a large looking guy who seemed to say "please" alot) - ok, some irish also good. As it was quite formal there wasnt much interaction in the restraunt with the staff or banter, this would have been good to lessen the sensation of waiting between courses
Also the veg was served in a little dish on the side - it was really nice and well cooked so i didnt mind, others might think it not really the done thing in a five star hotel.
We didnt get to eat in the bar or lounge - but did have a drink there and it seemed less formal, we should have eaten there at some stage.
Next day we got up and went to breakfast in our robes, the breakfast display was nice but as its kind of all kept very close together it can get a little crowded around a small round table..might be an idea to stretch this out a little (there is plenty of room !)
we liked the idea of getting breakfast cooked to order and the eggs benedict was perfect! after having enough to eat we got ready to go to the spa

the spa was a good walk to the other side of the hotel from our room, but you arrived into a large room with a curved walkway, we had to fill in a form and then given a tour of the facilities. it looked very good so we tried all the thermal treatment rooms and then went for a swim - the pool , while small felt private and was never more than 5 people in it when we were there.
we had a nice massage which was very professional and we were fully relaxed and then given a drink and taken to a dark room right after to help you come down gracefully from the bliss.
The gardens and view were very nice but i thought it would have been larger, i had thought we could go for a long walk in the grounds as it was a nice day - but when we decided to go for a walk it took us 5 mins to complete the trail, and then we found ourselves on a country road which quickly lead to quite a dangerous main road at the back of the hotel.

Dinner that night was again in the restraunt , upon booking the hotel, i was warned to book all meals in advance which i wasnt too pleased about as i felt it then made us have to be there at certain times and took a little away from the sense of getting away from it all. any time we did eat - it wasnt busy and the mealtimes did seem a little restrictive i.e. last orders at 7.30pm in the lounge etc.. which seems poor.
Dinner was again really good quality, it was a little quicker too which was great, i had hereford beef which melted in my mouth.

the hotel has a policy of no food or drink to be consumed on the premises that isnt purchased there, even in your room, while they say they dont police this much i was still worried that some snacks i brought (peanuts / crisps etc) might attract a fine but it didnt.

that night we had a better sleep after turning the heat down in the room, but i was still too warm.
the shower was great though, it instantly had perfect tempreture for my showers altough we could have done with some more shower gel and soaps etc.

the following day we went to breakfast again, which was nice, this time i had the full irish breakfast, it was ok, nothing very special, i then regretted it and thought i should have picked the salmon and scrambled eggs - ah well. i ate it anyway.
We then headed to the spa again for some more relaxing and fun in the pool.

Checkout time is 12 o clock, so we got ready and presented ourselves at reception to pay the bill, but there was a queue of people there thinking the same thing so there was a wait - but it wasnt too long and our car was then brought around and we headed home.

all in all, a nice relaxing break, i had always wanted to go to monart so we got our chance.
it is expensive, some things are worth it, others not so much.

Would I go back - yes if we got a good deal.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank yy999666yy
dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

I stayed with my parter in this hotel for two nights. There were only two staff there that we met that made us feel welcome and took the time to develop a rapport - like 2 drops of water in a desert. We met over 20 staff. The restaurant is not 5*. We have had better at a 2*. Eat at the lounge instead, it is priced better and there is a better atmosphere. Monart suffers from being remote, so good staff seem not to be prepared to travel there. This is apparent in the level of service re got in general.
Mattrass protectors meant a sweatty, sleepless nights sleep until discovered. We too it off at 4am. I have experienced mattrass protectors in cheap 2* hotels...was V surprised.
Make sure you think twice about the money you will spend here!!!! I made a mistake on the whole.
We had a meeting with the General Manager to feedback same. He took note of our feedback, but we didn't get the impression anything would change. He told us everyone raved about the beds but agreed that side dishes of veg with the mains in the restaurant are not what 5* guests expect in a restaurant.
Bottom line is that the hotel relies on its nice facilities, at the expense of non-5* staff.
PS Be careful - there were no gym classes (e.g. Pilates, yoga) on the weekend we stayed. This may be a hotel policy which doesn't make sense and was annoying to my girlfriend a lot. Make sure you check beforehand if you want this, you may be disappointed as we were.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank des23
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel is fabulous. We spent around 3 hours relaxing in the spa and enjoying the grounds. The hotel is built and decorated in a way that instils a sense of calm and relaxation.

The bedrooms are really big, the bathrooms are lovely and the beds incredibly comfortable. Service is as near perfect as I've ever experienced. The food in the restaurant was really nice and the wine lovely. The cooked breakfasts are to order.

It is expensive however - if I had not had a voucher for a significant portion of the stay I don't think I could have justified the price but it is somewhere you go for a treat. I highly recommend giving a voucher as a gift as I think a lot of people would be put off by the prices. Having stayed however I am so grateful to my friend for the voucher as I would not have experienced it otherwise.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

having heard so much about the hotel, it was always gong to be hard for it to live up to what I had heard. After 8 weeks of hard work and filming , it was with tripidation that I drove up to the main house on thursday evening. 3 days later I left feeling like my old self, refreshed and healthy. The spa was amazing, the food unreal, the beds sooo comfy. The only quibble would be the cheap tv/dvd combo but thats if I was being v fussy. I had heard that it was extremely expensive, but I was delighted to find that we thought it was actually v good value for what we had got, cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank castlechaser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!