“Expensive but worth it if you can afford it”
Review of Monart

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We booked for two nights with an additional add-on package of a massage each and dinner in their main restaurant on one night. We arrived around 3pm. We were greeted at the main door and taken through the old house to the modern addition at the back which is magnificent and very tastefully done. Lots of granite and floor to ceiling windows looking out on a lake with ducks and landscaped gardens.
The rooms are found down a long, darkened corridor with subdue lighting which assists in destressing tightly woundup city guests. The room was enormous and the bathroom really lovely. I especially loved the lighting.
We ate in the Lounge area for lunch which was lovely and the maitre d' was a really lovely French gentleman whose name I can't remember. We ate in the main dining room on the first night. It was nice but not great. The following night we had dinner out on the terrace of the lounge area and it was much nicer.
The spa is wonderful - so many places to relax and water and herbal tea stations all over the place. The ginger and honey tea is sensational. The massages were fantastic.
There is also a smallish gym which is perfectly adequate.
We had heard that many people visit the nearby town of Enniscorthy for a meal during their stay but personally I don't understand why you would leave the peace, tranquility and other worldliness of Monart to rejoin the madness of the outside world.
If you can afford it, don't hesitate. Go, stay and don't leave the gates until they kick you out!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Was a bit worried after reading some reports but after spending a weekend at monart I was very happy with all of it.
I was expecting so dranks loads and loads of water at every meal and it was all complementary and the staff couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The garden lounge in Monart Spa outside Enniscorthy is simply a treat.Affordable for a special lunch approx €60.00 for 2 .The service especially Thierry is the most professional you will ever find.The food excellent and the wine list superb. Set in the beautiful spa, time just floats by. The old manor house also does afternoon tea. It is an experience everyone deserves and I only live 7miles away. Perfect for birthdays or a great girls lunch,couldnt praise it enough.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Amazing place, amazing staff, beautiful grounds, great treatments.

It's priced at a point where you expect an awful lot, in my opinion we got it, but the reason I haven't returned is purely due to price.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank destraynor
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Husband and I have been to Monart three times and we love it. You relax the moment you walk in the door. The spa is the best I've ever encountered - makes it difficult to appreciate any other spas after you've been there, as it tops them all. The spa "circuit" they have outlined takes about an hour to do, and is a wonderful way to enjoy all the amenities. Jugs of water with orange, lemon and mint are provided for rehydration, which is a lovely touch rather than the usual water fountains. The relaxation rooms are wonderful after treatments, with the light one a great place to curl up with a good book. Treatments (Pevonia Botanica) are second to none and the therapists are without exception highly qualified and friendly.

Food is great, both in the bar and the restaurant. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've ever had, and the local pottery used to display the buffet is a nice touch (from Kiltrea Bridge nearby). The fact you can dine in the bar in your robe is a major plus for me - when I go to a spa I like to relax completely and forget about clothes, hair and makeup, so this is just perfect.

Rooms are lovely, with great bathrooms (my only gripe is that the last time we were there, they'd replaced the fabulous Pevonia Spalasium toiletries with Gilchrist and Soames. Disappointing.) and DVD/TV combos which are great for chilling out with a film.

The design of the buildings is lovely, with the old house melding seamlessly into the new additions, and wonderful relaxation to be had in the old house over afternoon tea or a game of chess.

Service is friendly and efficient and prices have dropped dramatically in recent years.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have stayed here twice. Once with my boyfriend and once with a friend. I love the spa here, it is definitely one of the better ones in Ireland. Sometimes I think peoples expectations are unreachable when I read bad reviews about their experiences. I thought the food here was fantastic. While staying here we dined in the restaurant in the evening, breakfast was delicious and we had lunch in the spa and it was also perfect. Yes, when we stayed, we payed 105 each per night which included use of the spa and B&B. For a realaxing break I think there is no better place. No children and no weddings or large groups. This place is what I think of even when I want to relax. I have stayed in many places and I really think this is one of the best places I have stayed. I have also day visited the spa.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Spent a weekend with my wife based on magazine reviews and the many awards it has won. Although the service was mostly excellent, I was very dissappointed with the dining experience. Having eaten breakfast, formal dinner, and bar food, I found the quality of the food preparation and taste very poor. It was more deserving of 2 stars, and certainly not five. Having reported my disappointment to reception, I was surprised not to have been contacted by management thereafter. I have stayed at many of the 5 star hotel/spas in Ireland, and can honestly say that you will get better value for your money at others. I have better experience for almost half the cost at other 5 star hotels such as Doonbeg or Muckross Park. Monart did not leave a good first impression. I certainly wont be going back.

Room Tip: Book by phone rather than online, and mention it if you are visiting for a special occasion