Monart is absolutely stunning and i have no doubt i will be back. I don’t think i have ever felt as relaxed in my entire life!
I am however giving it 4 stars rather than 5. The reasons are:
- The lack of Jacuzzi/hot-tub. Given that they have a salt grotto, 4 varieties of sauna, steam room etc it seems odd to not have a Jacuzzi.
- The evening meal- a little disappointing. The food was dry and really could have been a lot better, although the wine list is superb. (It should be noted that breakfast was infinitely better than dinner- fabulous hot menu and very extensive buffet too)
- The treatments- at 100 min a pop, you expect something very special and really they are fairly average.
In contrast, here are my pluses:
- The entire place is immaculate- i cannot grasp how they keep it so clean! Literally not a speck of dirt to be found ANYWHERE.
- The layout and architecture of the hotel is exceptional- the amt of glass used in the structure gives a great feeling of natural light throughout. At night the walkways are candlelight and it's just beautiful.
- The staff are all very pleasant and helpful- particularly in the restaurant.
- Being able to wander around the entire hotel in the robe/slippers is just wonderful. Most other spa hotels i’ve been to only encourage this in the actual spa area, but in Monart because it’s a ‘destination’ spa, everyone is be-robed all day.
- The 2 hour thermal suite experience is really fabulous and you feel a million dollars after it
- The rooms are gorgeous- very spacious and each one has a balcony outside- although ask for a room with a view of the lake at the back, as opposed to the wooded area at the front!
Next time we won’t bother with treatments, order food and champagne to the room and not get out of the robes for the ENTIRE stay! I will definitely be back despite my comments about the food etc- it is a fabulous place and i was raging we only stayed one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monart Destination Spa 'The Great Escape' is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one's true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Conde Nast Reader's Choice Awards. Irish Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Monart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monart Hotel Enniscorthy
- Monart Spa Enniscorthy
- Monart Enniscorthy, Ireland - County Wexford