“Total Escapism”

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just back from my second visit to Monart, and it was every bit as good as the first visit. At Monart you really can escape from reality. Great food, great drink, great spa. The staff are so friendly - even the owner came up to introduce himself to people. This place is on a different level to other 5 star hotels I have visited. Everything is ship shape, and top notch and you can just relax and completely escape reality. They make everyone feel like a celebrity. Monart is SOOO quiet - you only realise that when you leave - no families, no screaming children or kids running about. This place in UNIQUE. I imagine most hotels in Ireland were full of families for the easter weekend. If you've no kids or you don't want to be around kids for your spa weekend - then Monart is PERFECT for you.

We ate in the garden lounge both nights. The menu is relatively small, and between both of us we ate most things on the menu over the 2 nights. The dessert menu is a little disappointing - not that much choice - it needs to be expanded. Food and drink at Monart is very expensive - the drinks especially. We spent approximately €100 per night on 2 drinks each, main courses and a shared dessert. We didnt exactly go mad!

The spa was terrific as usual. One gripe though, we spent a whole day in the spa, and half of the next day before checking out and listening to the same spa music over and over again got a little annoying! They need to expand the repertoire a little! We didn't have any treatments this time, but you don't need to to enjoy this place. The hotel must have been booked out for the long weekend, but you never got the sense the spa was crowded with people.

The grounds were lovely - as usual. If the weather is good at night take an opportunity to walk the grounds in the dark - its worth it, the outdoor lighting is beautiful.

Breakfast was great as usual. Everything cooked to order and you can have your fill of cereals, breads and fruit. Its so lovely to fall out of bed and into breakfast in your robes and slippers. Such a treat.

If you haven't been to Monart and are thinking about it - just do it. You won't regret it :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Honestreviewer32,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and found it to be 'every bit as good as the first visit'.

Many thanks also for your high recommendations throughout your review. I assure you I shall personally look into expanding our selection of music in the spa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Just back from a lovely night at the monart. The staff were so nice when we arrived to check in.
Our room was huge and beautifully decorated. I loved the speakers in the bathroom! We spent the day in the spa relaxing-pure bliss. The spa itself was very clean and maintained on a regualar basis throughout the day. We ate dinner in the restaurant. To be honest the food wasnt great and the service was terrible! We both ordered a glass of white and red wine with our meal. The starters were not to our liking. The main course of chicken was ok but nothing that you couldn't get in your local restaurant. Throughout the meal, we were never asked would we like more wine or our water topped up. We were left waiting for our desserts for over half an hour which was ridiculous.
However breakfast was yummy and I loved that you could wear your robe to breakfast and then head off down to the spa straight after. All in all it was an enjoyable break except for the unpleasant dining experience at the restaurant!! We raised these issues re restaurant at time of checkout and I dont think they really cared to be honest.

2  Thank claire87_11

Dear Claire87_11,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a Review of us here at Monart. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your room and spa experiences with us.

We are however genuinely disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience in our dining room, in light of which , we have discussed the issues you raise with our team.

We would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a better understanding of the circumstances leading to your review. Please be assured that we are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA. Please ask for either Mark or Patrick.

We look forward to hearing from you directly. __________________________________________
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Firstly, let me say I have never written/posted a review like this before- but felt so strongly about my experience that I just had to write about my visit to the Monart! Myself and four friends stayed at the Monart over Easter weekend 2012. From the moment we arrived our experience was simply incredible. On our arrival we were greeted by a member of staff who took our cars and parked them before bringing all our luggage to our rooms. This was while we checked in and enjoyed our complimentary smoothie! They greeted us by name (even checking with us if they had the pronunciation of a friends names who would be arriving later correct- it seemed genuinely important to them!) The staff here are remarkable- despite being busy at times (during our check out for example) they were- without exception friendly, welcoming and always willing to help. They tell you here that nothing is too much trouble and they actually mean it! When one of us mentioned that we had forgotten a book from our car- a member of staff offered to get it immediately and it was on her bed within ten minutes. Not only are the staff fantastic- they all seem so genuine. They are a credit to the hotel and themselves. This ethos clearly comes from the top down- as we met with the hotels owner twice during our stay. He approached us once asking us how we were enjoying our stay and then again at check out to thank us for coming. Like his staff, he was friendly, courteous, professional and seemed so genuine in his concern that you had a fantastic experience. Obviously we had! The hotel itself (both the old house and new part), spa and surrounding gardens were absolutely stunning and impeccably maintained. Our rooms were extremely spacious, with high ceilings and beautiful views with balconies backing out into the forest. I had two fantastic nights sleep in the most gorgeous bed too! The food and drinks in the bar, cafe in the spa and restaurant were delicious- with a wide variety of foods on offer. You could really choose to go a super healthy route or to indulge yourself which was great! On our first afternoon we had their afternoon tea- well worth the 20 euro a head! It made for a perfect start to our relaxing break! Breakfast itself is worth a special mention- it was absolutely delicious with everything you could possibly want and more on offer. We had dinner on the Saturday night in the restaurant - choosing from a set menu. The food was incredible- as again was the service! The spa and treatment rooms were so serene you couldn't help but relax and switch off. You are encouraged to leave your phones in your room and to avoid the news. There is only one room in which newspapers (free!) are allowed to be read- this ensures that you completely switch off and whilst we were worried we would find it hard to 'do very little' you soon get into the spirit of it here! This place is built to encourage total and complete relaxation for mind and body. The hotel is so quiet and peaceful (the no children policy helps!) you just feel yourself relax! It really is magic. The spa area is just beautiful with a huge range of thermal suites- from rainforest showers. saunas, salt grottos and ice fountains! The treatments on offer are excellent and extensive (book before you arrive as they book up quickly!). I couldn't recommend the Monart more highly....a stay here is good for the soul! I am so proud that we have such a place in Ireland. I cannot thank the staff and owner enough for a wonderful unforgettable experience!

Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Emma M,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are truly delighted that you and your party of friends enjoyed your time with us. Your comments regarding our staff and facilities are very much appreciated, they together are our greatest assets.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

As a destination spa, the monart really raises the standards. It was my second time staying here and once again the receptionists, spa staff and cleaning staff were excellent. I had an amazing treatment, and my spa therapist was brilliant.

However, our meal was very disappointing. I found the staff to be quite dismissive in the restaurant and they did not come over once to refill our wine and water. It was busy but you do expect staff in a five star hotel to be more capable of coping with this. Our main courses were lovely. The staff then forgot to bring our deserts. So disappointing to an otherwise amazing stay.

I will however be back again but I plan to eat in the bar rather than the restaurant next time.

1  Thank Brutini

Dear Brutini,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our stay with us at Monart.
We are so pleased that you found your experiences of our Spa & Reception teams to be of the high standard we strive for here, and of course of your intention to return to us.

We are very disappointed however to read your comments regarding your Evening Meal and of our dining room staff, as we are commended so regularly on our team in our Food service areas.

We have discussed the issues raised within your review with our team, and we would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a better understanding of the circumstances leading to your review. Please be assured that we are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care.

Please ask for either Mark or Patrick
We look forward to hearing from you directly.

__________________________________________

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our greeting on arrival was the best I've experienced in any 5 star resort. The room was large and nicely decorated with comfy beds & balcony to enjoy the gardens. The bathroom was too hot and I was unimpressed with cheap toilet paper & the toiletries weren't much better for a spa destination. The dinner menu is €39.95 - priced fairly I thought but there were supplements on almost everything - starters, main courses & even desserts. The pre dinner cocktails were €12.50 each. The bar was also overpriced but the food was very good in both places and breakfast was the best. The hotel staff are superb in every area, polite, courteous and friendly, very lovely. The grounds are beautifully laid out with lovely walks. The old house is impressive with a couple of pieces of beautiful antique furniture but unfortunately they have added some awful modern pieces that look cheap and out of place.
On greeting in the spa wasn't the best, we were shown to a bright relaxation area & told to wait outside before our treatment. There is a great thermal suite which I found by accident, with lots of different chambers (saunas etc) to enjoy and a lovely vitality pool. There were a couple of girls giving foot massages in the middle area so I went over with my paper and sat waiting for one but the girl was cleaning around me and although she did see me she never came over so I'm not sure if these were prebooked or not. My treatments were excellent, I couldn't fault anything about them but there should be a lot more explanation given by the receptionist on arrival.
We were advised in our confirmation that no drink or food could be consumed on the premises unless purchased there and now I know why. Monart is relaxing and lovely but all the added extras left a bad taste for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rox09

Dear Rox09,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you found it to be a 'wonderful experience'.

We can appreciate that no one style of furniture will please all tastes, so we have endeavoured to keep it eclectic.

Please may I assure you that we are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; and we are very pleased indeed that you found our staff to be of the high standard we strive for.

It is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination spa. To that end we have spoken with our team regarding the 'touring' of the spa area and ways to make the area even more 'user friendly'.

Many thanks again for your review,
Kind Regards, All at Monart.

___________________________________

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I don't even know where to begin!!
Just home from a two night stay with four girlfriends in Monart and it was such a fabulous weekend from start to finish. Everything was AMAZING;-the atmosphere, the food, the bedrooms, the thermal suites, the treatments, the grounds......the list goes on and on!!!!!
The service was beyond compare, such enthusiastic and friendly staff who really want to help and actually so obviousy care about where they work.
Rooms were gorgeous and it was like we were the first people to stay in them, they are flawless! The beds are SO comfortable. All decor is of such high quality all over the hotel with such attention paid to detail!
We had such a ball and are already planning a return!!

Dear Nuala M,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again next year or sooner.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We (Five 20-something year old girls who like to spoil ourselves) are just home from an amazing 2 night stay in the Monart. This was our first time treating ourselves to a spa weekend and I was a bit concerned that I might be bored with all that time on our hands and no 'Top 10 to-do' list of sights to see which is what my usual weekends away revolve around. Well, how wrong I was!!
Such a super stay from start to finish. We really did not have to move a muscle for the whole weekend. Nothing was too big a task for the friendly staff, especially John the man who parked our cars and carried our bags with the least amount of fuss or hassle ever. Beautiful, huge rooms and bathrooms supplied with the fanciest shampoos, soaps, etc.
We got straight into the flow of the place starting with Afternoon Tea in the old house on Friday. Gorgeous selection of tasty bites and such a beautiful room to enjoy them in. Very good value at €20 each as were so full after, we didn't need an evening meal (even though we were kind of raging as the bar food in the Garden Lounge looked so good!)
The thermal spa was just a lovely experience. Even you didn't have the extra few bob to spare for a treatment, the thermal spa feels like such a treat anyway that you nearly wouldn't mind! Sauna, steam room, salt grotto, heated loungers, hydro pool just to name a few of the facilities.
However, we did splash out and get some treatments. Of course we did! I had the Lazy Day Ritual and a facial. Amazing! Just wish I could've afforded more things. I got greedy and wanted everything. Next time I'm going to save for more treatments.
I really can't find a fault with this place. The food was just gorgeous. Our evening meal in the restaurant was perfection. I had the fillet of beef...delish! All the girls were delighted with their choices too, you really can't go wrong. Can't go without mentioning the breakfast. Whether you're watching your weight and looking for healthy options or treating yourself to a bit of indulgence, you wont be disappointed.
To sum up, we've decided to make the Monart an annual trip. I've my eye on a few treatments and dinner options for next year already. Definitely choose this hotel if you're a couple looking to mix up the routine of real life, a gang of girls who deserve a treat, mother and daughter needing catch-up time together or even if you're on your own just looking for a little peace and quiet. Pack your book and a few magazines and that's all you really need! You'll spend the whole stay in your robe and slippers (which feels a little strange at the start but you get right into it after about 30 seconds!) Enjoy!!!

1  Thank sarahjmccabe

Dear sarahjmccabe,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are truly delighted that you and your party enjoyed your time with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you again next year as you make it an annual event.

Tatler Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!