“Beautiful Stay”

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Booked 1 night stay package which included evening dinner and breakfast, the deal was very reasonable for the quality of our stay and services we availed of. We had lunch at the garden restaurant which was very nice and then spent the afternoon at the spa. The facilities are excellent with a process of following the various spa rooms towards the pool and then on to the relaxation room. We all enjoyed this very much and were very relaxed afterwards.
Our room was spacious and very comfortable with very comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom was very luxurious and the facilities in it were excellent. Nice views of the trees outside our room with a deck table and chairs. Bathrobes and slippers are provided and replenished when finished at the spa.
The evening dinner was excellent with beautiful food and wine choices. Next morning we had our breakfast in the same restaurant and there was a lovely variety for breakfast with some nice healthy options too.
Some issues that arose were a large group of girls that were staying at the hotel were quite noisy, it seemed to be a hens party and were obviously drinking very late as they were very rowdy along the corridor at 5am waking us up, plus they were quite boisterous around the hotel grounds next morning, which hindered us wanting to go for a peaceful walk. As we were checking out the receptionist apologised about the girls making noise as my friend had said it to her. This is not the location for a hen party as the atmosphere is for "relaxing" and I felt they did take away from it, something to be aware of for staff booking.
Also whilst having breakfast we could hear a younger female staff member berating an older female staff member about the fact she had not stocked up all the butters and they were not ready for breakfast, this went on for a good 10 minutes and we felt it was very unbecoming of such an establishment. Check in was also quite slow and our room was not ready at that stage so we went for lunch to wait.
I would definitely stay here again as it was a beautiful resort but a few minor changes as mentioned would make it perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Slmeath,

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
I am truly delighted that you found it to be a 'beautiful stay'.

I have raised the issues with your stay with our team here and wish to assure you that they have our immediate attention.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

__________________________________________
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

There are newer reviews for Monart

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was our second stay at the Monart. We were keen to see if our return visit would be as good as our first. It was. In fact, the main restaurant has gone up in our estimation - a better choice of options on the menu and the atmosphere was more relaxing. The dishes were excellently presented and the desserts are wonderful! The Garden Lounge menu is a little limited and when busy it can be hard to get the attention of staff. However the lounge does have a nice atmosphere and a great selection of cocktails. We would advise that you make your dinner reservations for the restaurant and lounge in advance of your arrival at the hotel to avoid disappointment.

The hotel management are very hands on with a visible presence on the floor throughout our stay. We found all staff to be curteous, welcoming and helpful. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we felt totally relaxed in the "cocoon" which the hotel successfully creates. We had a lovely view of the woodlands from our room on the second floor and heard no noise from the corridor or neighbouring rooms which added to the tranquil experience.

We still find it strange that there are no tea making facilities in the rooms and a size option for the bathrobes would be a nice added extra.

The spa is well designed with a large relaxation room again with lovely views. It is extremely clean and there are plenty of towels and refreshments available. The cold face cloths are great especially in the gym! Special word of mention for Caroline and Fiona, two excellent therapists in tha spa.

We would highly recommend the Monart to anyone looking for a relaxing break from it all. It is expensive but they do have some good packages at the moment - one of which we availed of.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RathgrumlyRebels

Dear RathgrunlyRebels,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us once again.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future, and for your next visit please just say the word as we have two sizes of Bathrobe available for your bedroom use.

best regards, All at Monart

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Myself & my husband stayed in Monart last weekend and although we had a fantastic overnight stay with a magnificent dinner, I felt it lacked in certain areas in comparison to nearby 5* hotels. Upon booking our room over the phone, I was put on hold 3 times so the receptionist could check in/out guests!! She should have made them wait as I was the customer that she was dealing with at that moment in time! I found the thermal spa area incredibly noisy (we were there on Sunday!). There is a gorgeous indoor relaxing room with loungers & great circular seats mounted in the walls and myself & my husband went in here on the Monday to find 2 circular seats free only to find that both mattresses were stained so needless to stay we didn't lie on them. I also thought the hydrotherapy pool was quite cool however the heated seats made up for it!

The bedroom was beautiful- simple but tasteful. All in all for 1 night (Sunday), our bill was just under €400 which included b&b, 1 &1/2 bottles of Chablis-€34.99 & €16, dinner and a 1 course lunch for 2 incl minerals. All in all- nice stay, great food but v.pricey and I've stayed in better spa resorts.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Pstylist,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us, and very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

We constantly review all of our practices to ensure that our guests receive the very best from us, to that end thank you for your feedback regarding your booking experience.

Best Regards, All at Monart

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I find it hard to get a hotel that is truly relaxing as most cater for weddings, family and business get togethers etc. This hotel is different. From the moment you enter you know its a place where you can relax. The decor and attention to detail is unique and inspiring. The rooms are very spacious and give a sense of privacy that you simply don't get in large hotels and this is more down to the wonderful design of the complex than the actual size. While we were there it hardly stopped raining but we didn't care or feel in any way confined. A perfect hotel for a country with unfortunate weather conditions.
The rooms all had balconies overlooking the beautiful gardens giving a lovely sense of outdoors without the need to leave your room.
All the staff are clearly very well trained and make a real effort to make you feel welcome. The food and service in both the Garden restaurant and Dining room was clearly 5 star. Wine is a bit pricey but the beer is reasonable. They have a policy of only consuming what you buy on the premises and I think this is fair enough, especially as I availed of their 2night B&B plus dinner and a treatment special offer. It is amazing value.
One thing that is also pretty unique is the no kids rule. I think there are times we just need a truly adult break and this is the place for it.
The spa has everything and a day here passes very easily. The pool is lovely, with a nice view of the gardens but a bit small (probably only 18metres). We had intended to do a short trip while there but it was simply too nice a place to leave,
Well done to all the staff and the designers of this unique retreat. Everyone should stay here at least once in their lives.

Room Tip: We only paid for the special offer and assumed we'd get the cheapest room. If that was it all th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coletteM1

Dear ColetteM1,

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I'd heard many good things about Monart so my expectations were always going to be pretty high. For the most part, they were met.....

The grounds of the complex are very beautiful and having to buzz through the gates also really makes you feel like you're away from it all which is exactly what I wanted. Walking through the "old" house to the reception which doesn't look like reception (a good thing) you are greeted by a wonderful view over some streams and woodlands through the full length windows/glass walls.

I could wax all sorts of lyrical about the bedrooms but I'll sum it up by saying the worlds most comfortable beds! They were amazing, between them and the pillows it was total bliss. The bathroom has a spacious shower and bath and the cosmetics left were of high quality as well. Full marks! Strangely I'd have thought there would be tea/coffee facilities in the rooms but they were not. Something I would change personally.

Breakfast is a treat, I would recommend the pancakes and waffles (especially pancakes!), the buffet is also extremely generous with something for everyone no matter what your tastes and preferences. Over all the food is of a very high standard across all restaurants/cafes. On the expensive side which you would also expect I suppose. Over all there is an ok choice, however I don't eat chicken and cannot eat any seafood and the menu is weighted heavily in this direction which maybe limited by choice. Not a problem a lot of people would come across but something to note. The service was great and I couldn't fault any member of staff at all in terms of ensuring comfort, taking orders etc.

Moving around the spa is very easy, the carpets are luxurious, everything is spotlessly clean and for the most part everyone is quiet in their goings on which adds to the air of luxury and calm.

The spa is gorgeous, the light relaxation room is nearly my favourite space there! The built in wall seats were a little bit of bliss (again if I could bring one home I would!), plenty of blankets and towels. The spa area - steam rooms etc are perfect, extremely clean as everywhere is, lighted appropriately and in full working order as far as I could make out. I especically enjoyed the steam room. It was wonderful. Also worth checking out are the heated loungers in the pool area and the swedish sauna outside. I wasn't brave enough to try the ice shower though! there was definitely the easy going relaxing vibe going on with people as well.

I got one treatment - the aroma full body massage and it was lovely. The products are an extremely high quality and going to the dark relaxation room was great too.

Just a small few things which I would change or note:
Update the directions circulated to guests or that were on the website, they're a bit light on detail, for example if they could even say you're driving towards Enniscorthy it would be helpful as some of the place names/directions are vague.

The exit gate opens inwards yet you practically have to drive right up to the gate to get them to open then reverse back before your car is hit!

Sunday is extremely busy for checking in, I was sitting in my car outside the door of the hotel and no one came out to take my bags or the car so I just sorted it out myself, minor point but if someone is meant to meet you and they're not there well it doesn't look so well. I was also left sitting after checking in when I was told that I would be told that my room was ready and would be brought up. When I decided I would go to the spa turns out my bags had been brought up and there was a slightly panicked air about the place.

In the spa, having a blurb or instructions outside each of the facilities I believe would be beneficial instead of one sign on the left hand side of the spa that you may not even ever notice!

Over all, I'd heartily recommend coming to Monart - and I will be back myself! Many thanks.

Room Tip: For max relaxation in the spa I wouldn't check in at a weekend, rooms are all lovely but I would...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank izeult

Dear Izeult,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.

Please be assured that we shall take your suggestions for improvement on board going forward.

best regards, All at Monart

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had high expectations of Monart and was really hoping they would be met! From the moment I was buzzed in everything was impeccable! The decor, food (amazing) and staff! It's refreshing to be in a 5* that is actually 5*, in this country most of them are running on reputation and seem to have forgotten who the most important person in the business is (its the customer).The staff were genuine eg Jenny, Dermot and Aine just the few who's names I grabbed! The only downside is that I'm going to spend a fortune in Monart now that I've found it!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear ItsExpected,

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was my second time staying at the Monart. It was such a relaxing break and we really enjoyed the spa facilities. We returned home relaxed and rejuvenated!
However once again my experience in the restaurant was such a let down. The service was terrible. We were seated at our table at 7.15. We did not receive our starters until 8pm. The waitress was apologetic however I got the impression she had forgot about us. Dinner did not arrive until an HOUR later and only when I voiced my concerns with the waitress it arrived (other guest who had arrived after us recived their meal before us). The steak was cold, however I was so fed up with the overall experience I did not raise this issue. This is far from a 5 star restaurant
Breakfast was amazing and our waitress ann was lovely.
To sum up it was a relaxing break but they need to raise their standards in the restaurant

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank claire87_11

Dear Claire87_11,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us, however we are genuinely concerned that you did not once again enjoy your experience in our dining room.

Being a fine dining restaurant, serving 5 courses the expectation of the majority of our guests is to have an approx 2 hour experience in the dining room.

We will obviously raise your concerns with our staff here but we would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a better understanding of the circumstances leading to your review. Please be assured that we are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA. Please ask for either Mark or Patrick.

We look forward to hearing from you directly.

Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!