“The perfect place to go to unwind”
Review of Monart

Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Ireland
“The perfect place to go to unwind”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

​I​'ve been to some nice places, in some nice locations, all over the world. Different places are great at different things, but I have to say, Monart was awesome at everything!​

​I'm not normally one for massages and spa treatments and stuff, and usually I get bored sitting in the one spot for over 5 minutes, but Monart managed to relax me so much that my 30 minute massage seemed like about 2 minutes! No WiFi unless you're in the front of the old house, mandatory gowns and slippers, it all sounded scary, but it's all so right! The beds are comfy, the showers are great, the rooms are bright and the décor all over is top notch!

The atmosphere was great, the staff were great, and the food was amazing!​ (If I had one short fall, it would be the coffee... I din't know what kind of machine is in use down there, but could do with maybe getting a new one. That being said, that might be just me, I'm very picky when it comes to coffee!

All in all, expensive, but worth it! We'll be back in July after our wedding for 3 days as I can't think of anywhere, globally, that relaxed me as much! It's a great asset to the area that Wexford has something like this nestled away down there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear BrianIrish,

Thanks indeed for your review of your time with us at monart. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the digital detox so to speak and emersed yourself in the surroundings here.

We very much look forward to welcoming you for your Honeymoon later this year.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
Armagh
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for a weekend. We arrived in the pouring rain and were pleased that we were greeted by a pleasant man called Joseph who took our bags in and onwards to our room and parked our car for us. We were checked in and then walked to our room and told how everything worked, including the temperature gauge (very important when you have an eternally warm husband!).
It is slightly surreal on entry to the hotel that everyone is in their dressing gowns but we quickly got into the way of it. We used the spa both days we were there and both of us had treatments which were very good. The focus is very much on relaxation and I feel it delivers strongly on this.

We dined in the restaurant on our first night and had a great meal, very well presented and we were served by a lovely waitress (Anna?) who really added to the enjoyment of the meal. We dined in the garden lounge the next night and again this was a very nice meal. Definitely more high-end pub grub than the fine dining restaurant but very good all the same. breakfast both mornings was delightful, Really nice variety of food, both naughty and nice. I also really like the fact they bring your cooked breakfast to you, too few supposed 5 star hotels do that these days.

it is the small things here that make it special - quality cutlery and napkins, silver tea pots, beautiful breads served pre-dinner, delightfully comfortable beds and pillows.

if you are here to party then you have come to the wrong place. But if you are here to unwind and relax then it is perfect.

In terms of value, there is no doubt that it is a highly expensive choice. It is undoubtedly the most expensive place I have stayed in in Ireland. But when it is a faultless weekend I think it is value for money. Would I return? Absolutely but I think we would need a special reason to do so.

Room Tip: Our room faced out to the road. If you are a light sleeper you may prefer to face the court yard fo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Armaghgirl,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here in Monart recently.
We are delighted that you found your time to be faultless. I shall be sure also to pass on your commendations to Anna, who I know will be delighted.

We look forward to perhaps welcoming you to Monart again in the future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

In January 2012 I had a lovely lunch at Monart with my family when I visited from Australia. My sister suggested on my visit home this time in January that we treat ourselves to the special offer at the time of E169 pp for dinner, B&B and a spa treatment and we stayed the night of January 15th.

I want to focus on the dinner as we were looking forward to the experience having heard all the hype. Overall, it was a huge disappointment. I had the scallops for an appetizer and they were sweet and succulent. However my sister's duck was completely overcooked. The wait between courses was approximately 50 minutes. I had monkfish (with a surcharge of E4) and to my astonishment couldn't cut it as it was extremely tough and rubbery. It had obviously been sitting under a warmer for a long, long time and subsequently completely inedible. My sister had ordered sea bass but when it arrived looked very similar to sea trout and the noodles that accompanied the fish were practically toxic with so much soy sauce. The vegetables were a small consolation and very good.

When the waiter came to clear our plates I explained that I couldn't eat my fish. He did offer to replace it but by that stage we didn't want another interminable wait so declined the offer. We passed on coffee and dessert and just asked for the bill. Nothing further was mentioned by the waiter at the table but on our way out of the restaurant we were stopped by the same man who informed us that the chef had agreed that the fish was inedible and they deducted the bottle of wine from our bill and offered us a drink in the bar which we accepted. He also informed me that the surcharge for the monkfish would be deducted! As we were rather taken aback with the whole proceedings we left it at that.

For an occasion that was highly anticipated this was a total fiasco and completely eclipsed the overall experience of our visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KobySimmons
Dear Kobysimmons,

Thank you for your review of your time with us here at Monart. Obviously I am saddened that you should have had any reason to be dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay. Particularly your Dinner experience.

As you will know, it is sadly not indicative of the vast majority of Feedback we receive in relation to our food and beverage offerings. That said, please be assured that your feedback has the attention of the entire team.

I very much hope that on your next visit home, we may have the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.
dublin
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great place to get away from the world , rooms fab, beds great, pillows,duvet,sheets fantastic, food is super, service excelent, spa is good , treatment pretty good,
I recomend it to married coupples with kids , dont bring the kids !!
Very popular with the inhabitants from venus

Room Tip: 1st floor right down the end facing the pond
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Container,

Many thanks for your review of your stay at Monart. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and very much hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Ashbourne, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in Monart after our very hectic wedding, just a night away on our own before our familymoon started.
From the moment we got in it we felt like VIP's.
We spent the afternoon in the spa and had treatments, the next morning as well.
The dinner was amazing, every course spot on.
Patrick who greeted us on check in, for dinner and again the next morning for breakfast was one of the reasons the stay was even more enjoyable, hard to find anyone in a hotel these days with such a passion for their job, treated us to a drink with dinner as well.

It's not a cheap stay, but it doesn't try to be.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niall M
Dear Niall M,

Many thanks for your review of your stay with us for your Minimoon last year, we are delighted to have been chosen as the destination for such an important time for you both.

Your high praise and commendations are very much appreciated, and I am delighted also to have left an impression personally.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to Monart again in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed in the Monart hotel almost a year ago with a friend. We booked into a twin room. On arrival we got a warm welcome from the staff member on reception. The first room we were shown to smelt of cigarettes. We requested to move and the staff member said she couldn't smell anything as a smoker herself, but she did arrange to move us to another room. This however took some time to organise. Our second room was beautiful and spotless, and the bathroom was luxurious. Unfortunately, the single beds are definitely on the small side. Perhaps this could be looked at in the future. The spa is fantastic and the best I have been to, Dinner that evening was most certainly deserving of the five star rating. The Monart is a very special retreat, from the madness of busy life.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mary o
Dear Mary O,

Many thanks for your review of your time with here at Monart. I am delighted despite a staggered start to proceedings, you enjoyed your time with us.

We are delighted to be referred to as a 'special retreat' and very much hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again to Monart in the future.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I will be here all day if I went through everything fabulous about this hotel... 5 of us girls went there for 2 nights and it is just like entering another world, a world that we didn't want to leave. We are already planning our next trip and we aren't even home 24hrs.... Venue, food, rooms are 5* and the staff, well they were amazing and not a bit snooty, I loved the fact that any of them that I had a conversation with just raved about how nice it was to work there and that the owners were so nice and all the staff got on really well with each other and that a lot of them were friends, to me that just says a lot about a place.... You have to go here!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a triple and double standard rooms and they were both extremely large, could not fault them a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear BooBoo34_13,

Thank you for your review of your time with us last weekend. We are delighted that you and your friends all enjoyed each aspect of your stay.

Your comments regarding our staff, we are very proud to receive. We believe they truly are, our best asset.
We hope to have the opportunity of meeting you again at Monart soon.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Marlfield House Hotel

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!