“For Girls or young couples”
Review of Monart

Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Dublin
“For Girls or young couples”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

To be fair I cannot find too much wrong with this spa hotel except perhaps a few cobwebs, which is allowed in springtime. The hotel was everything we expected and more. I would have to say the spa area was very clean and well maintained. The restaurant offered a good selection (except perhaps at lunch time) but if ordering poached eggs make sure you ask them to cook the 'whites'.

You cannot fault the bedrooms or the service provided. If booking check the house rules and if you dont like them dont book, just to be fair to other guests.

Over all, it is a lovely place for a one or two day stay away from the world after that the hotel has little to offer.

Its a place for girls and young couples.

Room Tip: As far as I could see all the rooms were good, Book a lake side room for an early morning call from...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMMWT
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Donalandjoan,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart. I am delighted that our stay was everything you hoped for and more.

We strive to be a place to relax, unwind and excape the stresses of life, and for that reason we do not offer any none spa activity. I am delighted that you fully availed of the opportunity of a 'great escape'

I note your comment regarding your egg whites, please accept our apologies for this, it is certainly not our norm.

We very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Monart again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you are looking for a detox break in gorgeous surroundings I cannot recommend this hotel enough.After staying here on several occasions, there is not one thing I can fault about this five star resort.The only thing is,once you've stayed here nowhere else will come close to being of the same standard.From afternoon tea, their amazing rooms, top class spa and the nicest breakfast this luxury hotel is improving each time I return.They have all the extras that make you return again and again.On your arrival to reception you receive a gorgeous homemade smoothie,fruit is available in the relaxation areas in the spa along with refreshing mint and lemon water.There are even cleansing creams and eye makeup remover down in the changing rooms in the spa for your convenience.The thermal experience in the spa is a great way to spend the day and the new Pro Infrered Cabin is really relaxing and the heat is lovely to relieve back pain. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and no request is ever a problem.The hotel is a gorgeous oasis of calm and serenity.They deserve every award they receive.If you have never been here- just book it now.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lucy B,

Many thanks for your review of your several stays with us here at Monart. We are delighted to accept such high praise and commendation, and very much look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went to The Monart last weekend for a girlie break. The one word I have to sum up the weekend is FABULOUS. The Spa, the Food and the Rooms. The only down side, it was too short. We are going back again next year and I know we all can't wait.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Clauda C,

Thank you for your review of your time with us here at Monart. We are delighted to be described as 'FABULOUS' and very much look forward to welcoming you again to Monart.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently stayed here with my two sisters our second time and we are already putting the pennies aside for our next visit. I have renamed it my little piece of paradise because that is how I have felt on both my visit's to the Monart. The manager Mark is fantastic so attentive and friendly the staff the same so friendly and so good at their job. It is just a fabulous place the grounds the hotel itself the spa everything about this place is amazing we are back since last weekend and I still feel refreshed and get a big smile on my face when I think of our weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marion D,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here once again. I will be sure to pass on your high praise to Mark and indeed the entire team, who I know will be delighted too.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Waalre, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Arrived, all went ok with checking in. Lunch was fine and then on to the room. Then on to the treatments which were ok but rather expensive! Price quality was definitely not good. One of my friends had infact a masseur with smelly feet (not really acceptable). Went to dinner and ordered the sea bass which had to be sent back because it was gone off!!! To cut a long story short it was all a bit of a disaster. Will not be returning!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Siobhan H
Dear Siobhan H,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Monart.

Having been the manager on duty on the night you stayed with us, I am saddened to read your review of your dining experience. By way of clarification, and as per our conversation on the evening, your Seabass was in fact seasoned as intended by the seaweed in which it was wrapped and not gone off. This is something that you accepted in the course of our conversation. I'm sorry that this dish was not to your liking.

In relation to your friend's massage with us, your comments of body odour are unique and shocking to us. Obviously as I met you personally I am aware of your party and therefore of the therapists with which your party had treatments, and I can say that no issue of body odour are to be found.With respect I must disagree with your view in this regard.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Had been so looking forward to this break we had it booked since December. The only 1 tiny fault I can say is when we arrived at the spa the lady at reception handed us the consultation forms to fill out and said to us go straight down there through the glass doors and wait there. Never showed us where toilets, changing rooms, pool etc was. But I think it may have just been the particular person who was on reception when we arrived because I did see throughout our stay other guests been shown around the spa. The treatment I had were excellent one was the aroma massage and it was incredible, felt so good after it. The staff throughout the whole stay were so helpful and friendly. Food was lovely, great atmosphere, lovely comfortable bedrooms and I cannot wait to get back there again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear EbhL,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. I am delighted that you enjoyed your great escape and very much appreciate your high commendation of your treatments and our staff.

Please be assured that the issue surrounding the confusion in your being offered a Show round of our Spa is not a norm with us and has our immediate attention.

I very much look forward to welcoming you to Monart again in the future.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Monart is an experience hotel. The building itself is lovely and the staff very attentive. You definitely feel relaxed during your stay. Cocktails are very good indeed! It is expensive and perhaps other hotels would equally as good and cheaper? The Spa is average in my opinion but is still very nice. The spa shop is a nightmare and would advise anyone to buy the products in person rather than online. Overall great hotel and escape let down by some staff.

Room Tip: All lovely
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nursetraveller10,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Monart. I am delighted that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that you should have any reason to be dissatisfied with our online store, Should this something that you would like to discuss with me directly, please have no hesitation in contacting me.

Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!