Monart
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
Priceline
1,798 results
All reviewsold housespa areathermal suitevalet parkinghydrotherapy pooldark relaxation roomsalt grottomoment you arrivemain restaurantoutside worldspa receptionheaven on earthafternoon teatotal relaxationpure blissmud chamberspa experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

from the moment the gates open , heaven awaits...... total pampering, total relaxation, staff so willing to help, food in lounge and restaurant only delicious, and breakfast to die for, just back and wish i was going again

Room Tip: every room is good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joey michelle D
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Joey Michelle D,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and very much hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here last week for a one night getaway with friends. The grounds and hotel are really lovely and so relaxing especially the bedrooms overlooking the ponds complete with gorgeous ducklings! The spa, we found to be extremely modern and had so much to enjoy in the thermal suite. One small complaint however, would be the apparent lack of organisation or leadership in the spa front of house, we had to wait around and ask several people before we were shown around the spa itself and changing rooms. This said, everything else was perfect and the staff very helpful and friendly, will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Dolly1912,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please be assured that your comments relating to our Spa, have the fullest attention of all the team.

We very much hope to welcome you to Monart again in the Future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have just returned from my 5th visit to Monart, and I am just so very disappointed. I am a therapist myself and had been following the building of Monart prior to its opening with abated breath. I have worked in several hotels in cork, as Spa manager over the boom years and was so looking forward to the opening of Monart.
Myself and my husband got engaged at Monart in May 2007, and WOW what an experience, food, treatments, accommodation and service everything was just amazing. We returned in 2009 for our first wedding anniversary and again were blown away by everything. We returned again in November 2012 to celebrate our 12 week scan of our first baby and we were disappointed in the food but the service and treatments remained excellent. That year we were treating our best friends to a weekend trip away and decided to go to Doonbeg instead as both our friends are real foodies and after our last visit we felt they would have been disappointed in Monart, even though we do nothing but rave about it to everyone, and as you can tell it is a very special place to us.
On my fourth visit back in November 2013 I took my sister in law with me, when we checked in I was asked if it was our first trip here but I explained no it was my 4th time and that I love it so much I was bringing my sister in law, as we had both just had babies and it was our first trip away from them. I explained to reception that I had booked it in my maiden name and that is why they probably couldn't see I had been before. Yet again everything, including the food, was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed it. What I love about it most is the robes to breakfast (although very much a rule in the beginning, it has become some what lax and now you have a situation at breakfast with some people wearing robes and some not and both feeling a bit out of place, when it was a 'rule' it was much better and far more enjoyable), so I love the robes at breakfast and I love going to the spa, having a sauna, swim etc then taken for your treatment and then the piece de resistance, the dark relaxation room, this is just sheer haven, when you have that fuzzy tired feeling after your treatment nothing does the soul more good than a power nap in here, its just amazing, you cannot fight it, and usually ends up being an hour long. Then going back to your room , showering and getting ready for dinner.
On this occasion the 6th of April, I was bringing a dear friend with me, to whom I have raved about monart to over the years. We were staying the one night and as usual had prebooked, well in advance our treatments. I was having a full body deep tissue followed by a facial and my friend was having a facial. We both left our homes early to get there so we could enjoy the spa thoroughly. We both arrived around 1pm. Again I was asked if it was my first trip here,? no my fifth. I was told rooms were not yet ready and so we would have to wait. I remembered when I went with my sister in law the same thing happened and we were told to take our swimming togs etc and go to the spa and our rooms would be ready when we came back, which we did. On this occasion I suggested we would go to the spa and could collect our room keys on the way back. To which I was told 'No' you must have checked into your room before you can go to the spa, strange, and disappointing as check in isn't until 3pm and our treatments were booked for that time. I was also told I had no treatments booked for myself??? On further investigation my treatments were located (interesting considering what happens next). The lovely lady Jenny on reception got a wriggle on with our room once it was discovered I was a returning guest and we had treatments booked and within a flash we had our room keys. Myself and my friend then went and had lunch in the bar. At 2.30pm we checked into the spa reception. No tour was given, nor was it requested as I had been there before. We went on to the relaxation room as there really wasn't time to get a sauna and swim in first before our treatments. As we were sitting there some of the staff came and put cushions on the outside loungers, it was beautiful and warm outside so we asked if we could sit out on them, we were told no problem but we said we wanted to make sure we wouldn't miss our treatments, and we were told no we wouldn't. As us women are prone to doing we got nattering and before we knew it, it was 3.20pm. We went out to the main reception saying that nobody had come for us for our treatments. We were brought down to the end of the corridor and a therapist Fiona, came down the stairs and with attitude proceeded to tell us that we must wait in this exact spot 15 minutes prior to our treatments and that nothing could be done, we had now missed our treatments??? Hang on one minute I have been here before (why is nobody listening to me) and on EVERY other occasion the therapist came into the relaxation room and called the persons name. Fiona told me that because people had complained about this practice they had changed their policy on this. I told her if you change the policy how was I supposed to know and that reception should have told us but they did not. Thankfully at this time Jenny reappeared. I was told I could have my facial rearranged for the morning and have a half hour back massage now? I had not wanted me friend to miss out on her treatment so she took the 4pm slot allocated for my facial. Now I am severely pissed off, its just a comedy of errors today. I was taken up and put on the bed, then Fiona came back in to tell me she had another appointment at 4pm and would it be possible to reschedule me for tomorrow morning instead. At this stage I just wanted out and agreed. I went back to the room and watched TV until my friend returned. I suspect in hindsight no bookings were made for me at all, as on check in I was informed I had no treatments booked, when I informed jenny otherwise they were found. However if the therapist had come looking for me at 2.45, and was aware from spa reception that I had indeed checked in then she didn't look very far to find me. I suspect they were delighted I wasn't waiting at 'x marks the spot' as they were extremely busy.
When my friend came back I was ready to go to dinner, so we headed down. I ordered the trio of pork, Fillet of beef and key lime pie. The trio was horrible and the beef was only okay but the pie was amazing. I felt extremely rushed and hovered over and once we were done our plates were whisked away. There were a few trainees on that night, which I hadn't seen before, but based on the day I was having, perhaps staff turnover is high, and we all know what that can sound for a hotel 'death knell'. The food definitely wasn't up to what I had had on previous visits. A dead give away also was the fact that a ratatouille was served as one of the vegetables i.e left overs from yesterday mashed up, I had never had that there before. The manager did come and ask us if everything was okay but by his manner it was a routine thing to ask and he was gone as quickly as he said it, and at this stage I was just didn't want to ruin anything further for my friend, so I let it go.
We had a great nights sleep, as usual, the beds are amazing, and the following morning I rang the spa to cancel my treatments as they were booked from 10 -12. Check out is 12 and I didn't want to be rushing breakfast and wanted to enjoy the time left with my friend. We went to breakfast in our robes and again I was surprised by the number of people not wearing robes, one guy was even on his mobile phone, totally defeats the purpose of relaxing at breakfast and I feel this should be totally discouraged like it always was. I was still eating my fruit plate when the lady serving the hot breakfast whisked it away and as she was doing so asked 'are you finished with that' - seriously?? a bit late now you have it gone. The French toast was not good, it was like soggy brown bread. I can vouch for the eggs benedict as I have had them before but this was my first time having the French toast - stay away not good, my friend had the same and we both agreed.
In the end I was actually looking forward to the two hour drive home just to get away. On check out I spoke with Jenny and told her how disappointed I was with the treatment fiasco, she acknowledged my disappointment but did say there are signs down at spa reception asking people to go to this designated area before your treatment time, again I told her I was a returning customer and did not get the memo that their policy on calling someone's name in the relaxation room had changed, I advised that everyone should be made aware of this by spa reception staff. Jenny went to speak with the manager. He did not come near me, and jenny returned to say that he was happy to comp my friends treatment but that there is a sign in the spa reception etc etc. I thanked her for the complimentary treatment but I was annoyed even more now because it was reluctantly given and nobody was accepting responsibility for what had happened. The customer is always RIGHT. I was a returning customer for the 5th time, I have more than paid for that complimentary treatment in all my time there and the fact that it was reluctantly given and that the manager didn't even come out to speak with me himself, as he advises in other posts on here, did it for me. I DID consider this MY hotel but as of now I shall not be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SusieQ1978
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear SuzieQ1978,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart.
As the Manager on duty throughout your time here, It is saddening to read your comments such as they are.

I would very much welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly, regarding the circumstances that lead to your review. Please ask for myself (Patrick) or indeed our General Manager, Mark Browne. Either of us would be delighted to learn from more this and reinstate your once high opinion of us.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Myself and my daughter in law spent two wonderful days in the fabulous Monart spa hotel. Monart is set in a beautiful woodland in Enniscorthy Wexford. You are spoiled from the time you arrive at the entrance. The peace and tranquility you feel on entering is just wonderful.Bedrooms are very spacious, bed very comfortable and a beautiful bathroom. Staff very helpful and friendly, food is beautiful, I can't find words to express how wonderful and relaxing Monart spa is, all I can say is its just what the doctor ordered. It is well worth a visit, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, second floor rooms have a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WexfordJoan
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Wexfordjoan,

We are so delighted that you and your daughter in law enjoyed your time with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I was 7 months pregnant. This hotel is a wonderful oasis of calm! Children are not allowed and guests are invited to wear their robes and slippers around the hotel. The building itself is an impressive Georgian house with a modern extension. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The restaurant is chic and the food was tasty, even if a little on the expensive side. The gardens are beautiful and relaxing offering leisurely walks. The only negative thing I can say is that the spa was very crowded the day I was there. Overall this is a very relaxing luxurious hotel that I would be happy to return to in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Offalymammy
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Offalymammy,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Monart last year.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Mothers after all do need that break once in a while.
_________________________________________